Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon go - new AR mobile game

• 10-09-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

So looks like a new augmented reality Pokemon game is coming to iOS and android next year. Looks kinda interesting but I'm generally not a fan of free to pay games. Reminds me of Pokemon snap in a way

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm quite curious as to how it'll all work. It'd be quite cool if there was something like if you happen to be in say a marshy kind of area, swampy pok mon like Croagunk or Mudkip would show up. I'm with you on not being overly enthused by the freemium type of game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

depends on how they implement the freemium bit. If you're paying for Pokéballs, that would be unsustainable. If on the other hand you can legitimately earn Great, ultra, Dusk balls etc, but can pay to increase your stock or to get the odd Masterball, or increase your rate or earning the premium currency that lets you buy them, that's not too bad. Alternatively they could just go for a free / pro split, where pro costs a fair bit but gives you a full-on talking pokedex that gives you hints and tips on catching your prey and a proper entry on catching them.

The proprietary bracelet suggests they're not looking to nickel and dime you so much as have the app as a demo and the bracelet as unlocking the proper release. But it's DeNA so I'm probably being ludicrously optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Anyone else think this wont be available in Ireland for a long time after release

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

I'm pretty excited for this. Just the idea of running around actually looking for Pokémon delights me.

What Pokémon would Ireland get in the wild? Plenty of Mareep and Miltank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

wobbles wrote: »
    Anyone else think this wont be available in Ireland for a long time after release

I see no reason for it not to be available worldwide at the same time. I think that's the idea, for people to be able to catch pokémon anywhere in the world. Possibly might go through a type of beta in a particular country before worldwide release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I see no reason for it not to be available worldwide at the same time. I think that's the idea, for people to be able to catch pokémon anywhere in the world. Possibly might go through a type of beta in a particular country before worldwide release.
    Yeah, but there was no real reason for ORAS to be released in Europe a week later than the rest of the world either.

Advertisement