Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire "out of stock" in Meteor Store...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Any word as to when the new batch of desires with the alternative screen is gonna come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

floggg wrote: »
    Any word as to when the new batch of desires with the alternative screen is gonna come through?
    Already started shipping a few days ago. All recent O2 branded phones have been SLCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Already started shipping a few days ago. All recent O2 branded phones have been SLCD.

So we should be seeing them in CPW and Meteor soon too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JustinOval wrote: »
    So we should be seeing them in CPW and Meteor soon too?
    Probably. Nearly every new Desire is guaranteed to be an SLCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

if anyone finds out of new stock in a meteor or CPW could they let us know on here, im looking to get a desire myself on meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

BArra wrote: »
    if anyone finds out of new stock in a meteor or CPW could they let us know on here, im looking to get a desire myself on meteor

at this stage i'm buying online @ clove or something

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Probably. Nearly every new Desire is guaranteed to be an SLCD.

Whats this slcd talk?

As in a screen better then the original release?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

TheDoc wrote: »
    Whats this slcd talk?

As in a screen better then the original release?

No. HTC were unable to source enough Amoled screens from Samsung, hence the shortage of HTC Desires over the last few months. SLCD is the alternative choice in their purchasing chain.

P.s. I got a Desire in Ballincollig CPW (on Meteor) last Friday for my wife. They sourced it from CPW Midleton. It is the Amoled screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

just got off the phone witch i very helpful girl in meteor in cork she said there store manager was on to someone high up i honestly cant remember who she said... and they said that no meteor store will have the until at least september.... :( if i have to wait that long i may as well wait for the desire hd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Craigels wrote: »
    just got off the phone witch i very helpful girl in meteor in cork she said there store manager was on to someone high up i honestly cant remember who she said... and they said that no meteor store will have the until at least september.... :( if i have to wait that long i may as well wait for the desire hd

3 weeks? Keep checking with CPW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I've just gotten a call from CPW in Swords about stock of Desires on Meteor if anyone wants to jump on it.

It looks like a steady stream of Desires on Meteor flowing now. I put my name down in a few places before I got one and have been getting calls about a stock of them from CFW and Meteor.

The one I got came with 2.2 installed

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Just to add to the above post.
    I got one today in CPW Henry Street.
    Also it seems that CPW has reduced the price on them.
    Mine ended up being €69.99(€79.99 -€10 trade-in)
    Bear in mind, that my tariff was an 18 month Smart €50 one

Still a reduction on the prices from last month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

The desire hd will be in stock mid october anyways so it's worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What is the impact of the new screen? Does it effect functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Just been to the Carphone Warehouse Letterkenny and they have 2 Desire's on Meteor in stock if anyone is looking for one.

I would luv one but too expensive for me ( €160 on 30 p/m ) so might opt for a Legend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Anybody know where i can get one in meteor or CPW in Dublin.

Advertisement