Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magners League run in - who's gonna win?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Looks like an exciting run in. Leinster have the reins but can Munster rattle them? What about the Blues , all very exciting , Munster v Leinster in the RDS should be a cracker.

who will win 43 votes

Leinster
    0%
    Munster
    86%
    tHE vAGGABONDCrashzAbboAmzMarVeLJilmSundyHippocruiserweightjtsuitedThomas_S_HuntersonJohn_CBluredDiamondmakerJelloMarshyjackbhoyScootaydavyjosechris85 37 votes
    Cardiff Blues
    11%
    vorbissioda[Deleted User]buck65bleg 5 votes
    Llanelli Scarlets
    2%
    Stev_o 1 vote
    Edinburgh
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Munster
    Leinster have enough of a tricky run in to throw it away again however:

Connacht away: always tight
    Glasgow home: 5 pointer
    LLanelli away loss
    Munster Home vengence, tight
    Edinburgh Away, lets go with form and say loss !!:mad:
    Dragons Home: win
    Dragons away: A test of there steel a win required for the title I would say while Munster at home hockey Galsgow for a tight finish on last day.

one or two 8-10 pointers between Munster, Leinster and Scarlets will decide it but Leinster have alot of throwing away to do.

We all know they can do it though :mad:

Ill still tip them to win it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Munster
    I voted for who I want to win but.....:)

Leinster that is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Llanelli Scarlets
    Thing is are Leinster the only team that can be bothered to win it? Most of the other teams will be committing to their HC q-finals. So its Leinsters to loose really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Munster
    Stev_o wrote: »
    its Leinsters to loose really

Yeah but they're very good at that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Cardiff Blues
    Still though Munster will be using their ML games to build up for the HCup match and will be competitive, with the 3 NZers POC J Flannery Quinlan Buckley Stringer more or less available (assuming the injuries aren't too serious) and mad for road during the 6 Nations they could pick up a few points. Also Munster have a game in hand and have Leinster away so could potentially cut the gap.
    Cardiff away is a tough one for Munster on 1st March as is Ulster at home. Munster need 8 points here or its going to be Llanelli or Leinster.
    Llanelli play Cardiff twice and also Munster at home and Leinster at home. Munster have Cardiff away, Ulster home, Connacht away, Leinster away, Ospreys home, Llanelli away, Glasgow home. And a posponed game with Ulster away to slot in .

• Advertisement

Cardiff Blues
    Assuming we can win that extra game there's only 4 points between us.That's one loss Leinster and we're neck and neck.No pressure :D I'm hopeful we can do it this year.It's a shame we didn't catch Ulster in January,they seem to have really got their act together now.Just in time for 2 games with them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Munster
    Wow we can vote for the winners now?! JUst like the Eurovision! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Munster
    komodosp wrote: »
    Wow we can vote for the winners now?! JUst like the Eurovision! ;)

If that was the case and we could not vote for our team, only our neighbours.

I think Connachr would win it for all the other teams, NOT voting for the others...:D

Cardiff Blues
    You know that's funny, I was watching the games this weekend and I found myself rooting for Leinster even though a loss would be good for Munster's league aspiriations. If Munster don't win I hope Leinster do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Munster
    Leinster should win it, as they've got nothing else to play for...

• Advertisement

Cardiff Blues
    Connacht v Leinster
    Ulster v Scarlets
    Munster v Cardiff

this weekend,
    Wales v Ireland in 2 ML League games!
    Munster v Cardiff should decide who will be slugging it out with Leinster, Ulster can pip the Scarlets at home too IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munster
    Scarlets have been crap away (bar that ridiculous hammering of Leinster :( ) so Ulster should pip them there. I would expect Leinster to beat Connacht too, so that'll be Connacht's challenge for a HEC spot gone again.

I'd rather Cardiff won from a Leinster pov, and they are at home, but Munster have a decent shot of it, which would put them in a good position to challenge for the league.

Advertisement