Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hide and Seek staring Robert de niro.

Options
  • 24-08-2005 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hide and Seek

I rented out hide and seek on DVD tonight, it stars the cool Robert de niro, and I thought it was a very good flick,
    In it, de niro plays a psychologist who takes his young daughter to live in a country house after his wife and daughter death.
    The film has a very good twist in the story.

BUT can anyone tell this?

The family that lived next door who last their daughter, - What had they got to do with the film, because from what I seen they had nothing to do with the story...

Maybe someone out their knows, :confused:

If so please tell me..
    hide1.jpgHideAndSeek-Poster.jpg2353_hide.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 del.hse

A Girl Friend of mine said the same thing, Who knows? Who Cares..
    But well spotted.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought the film was a bit naff since I had the twist figured after about 40 minutes.

As for the family next door
    I think they were just there to make the films twist less obvious by introducing a another 2 suspects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Did'nt think it was great either, not a big fan of De Niro. That story has been done many times
    Secret Window, Dark Half, etc
    and guessed it early on. Thought the daughter was a good actress, she was in man on fire aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

garred wrote:
    Thought the daughter was a good actress, she was in man on fire aswell.
    Dakota Fanning, and she's in just about everything else I think. Thought she was quite good in the mini series Taken.

Heven't seen this film yet, didn't look that great so I never bothered. Might now though just to find out what the twist is and see how quick I can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw from the back of the box that there were 2 alternative endings on the DVD. Anyone know what they are? (Use spoilers)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

It's an awful film. Awful twist. It was never scary and the end was so typical and it didn't make sense.

The family were only there to lead you in a different direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

i have to agree. This was a terrible film. I was so bored I took out Empire and started reading it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TmB wrote:
    I saw from the back of the box that there were 2 alternative endings on the DVD. Anyone know what they are? (Use spoilers)

There was four in the rental version I watched. Basically
    one is that the picture at the end is a happy picture without the two heads, the other is that dakota fannings character is in a psychological institute. the other 2 endings are just variations the latter.

Advertisement