Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE autumn 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems they've realised it too.... the page isn't there any more. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hell on Wheels looks like the only big new US drama RTE bought

Fifth season for Raw *yay*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hell on Wheels looks like the only big new US drama RTE bought

So will Hell on Wheels be a 2am or 3am show?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The highlights:

Factual
    Inside the Department (One-Off): Insight into the running of the Department of Education and Skills. May be interesting.

A bit of an education theme running through the factual department's commissioning this season, with two other education based programmes too.

My Civil War (One-Off) - A one-off about the Civil War.

The Future of Television (One-Off) - should be interesting, if it doesn't just turn out to be an extended Saorview promo.

Tommy Bowe - The Science of Me - seems to focus more on health than rugby but may still be interesting.

21st Century Railway - 3 part series on Ireland's railways, although apparently it will have as much to say on the nineteenth and twentieth century as the 21st.

Entertainment

Irish Pictorial Weekly (New): Hopefully a revival of Hall's Pictorial Weekly in more than just name.

Format Farm (New): A run of pilots on RTÉ Two. None of them sound worthwhile.

The Fear (New): Well they were bound to give Jennifer Maguire her own show. Sounds like a reworking of Candid Camera though.

Celeberty Bannisteor: The Rivals (Season 5)...there must be some reason why this has been recommissioned. Not sure what though...

Republic of Telly (Season 4): A shadow of its original format and very little to do with telly now, but who cares if its funny?

Katherine Lynch's Late Late Breakfast (New): Somebody in RTÉ obviously remembers Late Lunch and decided to take it up a notch...

Craig Doyle Live (Season 2). Why?????

Drama
    Raw (Season 5): They really couldn't have left it as it ended last season. Talk that it wouldn't be back but thankfully Jojo and co will be returning.

The Fall (New): BBC NI co-production starring Gillian Anderson as an English DCI drafted in by the PSNI to stop a serial killer. Never thought I'd see an RTÉ credit on a show starring the former X-Files actress, but there you go.

Lifeystyle
    The Movie Show (Revival): Back after how many years, but will it have Dave Fanning? Title may change.

Irish
    RnaG@40 (One-Off) - may be interesting look into the Irish language station

Religious
    The Radharc Squad (One-Off) - Look back at the long running series.

Imports
    2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Big Bang Theory are the highlights here. If they get them before E4, that is.

News and Sport
    Nothing new to report here, except that rugby fans may be interested in the fact that the Ireland Wolfhounds v Fiji match will be on RTÉ, who don't usually bother showing Wolfhounds matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looks like morning and daytime will be full of US and UK repeats anyway seeing there's no mention on any new chat shows.

I don't see anything different in that schedule. Usual programmes - nothing different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I know this was touched on before but I would love to see two shows revisited - "Show me the money" and I'm an adult get me out of here". I would love to see how the participants are getting on in today's climate. I know the participants didn't have to take advice given by the shows but this IMO would be a ratings hit.

Advertisement