Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dail all agree on taking summer holidays

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Its nice to know every year , the dail all agree on the length of their summer holidays .
    I have edited this post because of mods notes . I guess I am comparing it our most places of work private and public front line services where not the dail equivilant of people could not get that much time off en masse for this period of time , but our boys when pressing issues like sites children hospitals , economic situation can be put off . Until later.. Ah shure do u mind , if I get back to u later ...I need to concentrate on my holliers for the time been...
    It's a joke .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They've earmarked that 500 million to get iPads they don't know how to use :-P

Going on about how they reduced them since the last government and that the moaners will still moan on RTE ignoring that these holidays are still incredibly generous.

In all honesty though, I support sick pay reform but I still demand meaningful political reform from this government that has yet to appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

The Dail is just a rubber stamp tool. It really makes no odds how many days they sit tbh, every debate and every vote is already fixed by the whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OP doesn't meet the forum standards. By all means start a discussion on Dail holidays, but do compare like for like, i.e.Dail holidays with Public Sector holidays etc..

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Politicians don't have holidays. Due to our focus on parish pump stuff they have constituency work which takes up a nice portion of their time.

Potholes, medical cards and so on.

Personally, I'd rather a list system to end their dependency on pothole politics and give them shorter breaks to work on national issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement