Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Supplies Zooplus.ie special offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hey i bought of them before, bought Chinchilla sand and few other bits for them and a hamster. But supposidly they couldn't find my address while delivering, eventually got it next day after few calls. But when i recieved it the box looked like it was stood on and the sand bags had gotten slit open so sand was everywhere and i was also missing something as there was such a big hole from the box being squashed. I put that down to the courier so emailed zooplus explained what happened sent pictures and they gave me money back for the things near 15e i think it was so basically got the sand for free and could buy what i was missing. Fair duced to them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Eemia wrote: »
    Hey i bought of them before, bought Chinchilla sand and few other bits for them and a hamster. But supposidly they couldn't find my address while delivering, eventually got it next day after few calls. But when i recieved it the box looked like it was stood on and the sand bags had gotten slit open so sand was everywhere and i was also missing something as there was such a big hole from the box being squashed. I put that down to the courier so emailed zooplus explained what happened sent pictures and they gave me money back for the things near 15e i think it was so basically got the sand for free and could buy what i was missing. Fair duced to them!!

Good to hear that they sorted you out and you finally got what you ordered. And thanks, I now know what a chinchilla looks like :D

chinchilla_picture.jpg

The delivery notification email I received has various links to describe the goods on arrival and you are encouraged to follow the relevant one depending on what state your goods arrive in. It seems like a good idea and I'm surprised other online retaillers haven't followed suit, especially seeing as it is the courier service used that is ultimately responsible for you getting the goods you ordered.

cdb wrote: »
    Good to hear that they sorted you out and you finally got what you ordered. And thanks, I now know what a chinchilla looks like :D

The delivery notification email I received has various links to describe the goods on arrival and you are encouraged to follow the relevant one depending on what state your goods arrive in. It seems like a good idea and I'm surprised other online retaillers haven't followed suit, especially seeing as it is the courier service used that is ultimately responsible for you getting the goods you ordered.

Haha you'd be suprised at the amount of people that are like WTF is a Chinchilla.

Yeah that delivery idea is great. That way they know for example what happened my stuff to put more packaging and maybe a heavier cardboard box. I mean in fairness it was a disaster of a first order but a good outcome in the end, id give them a second chance and anyways have to use my 15e Credit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

No

Go to www.zooplus.co.uk same company but you get the sterling price cheaper including delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Have shopped with these guys before myself ( actually was for a very large chinchilla cage :) ) the prices are some of the best out there but the shipping is hopeless as all larger items get put through GLS even if it says DHL ( you can search on boards for people's opinions of GLS ).

The .ie site usually has less offers and items missing but go to the .com main site and everything is there and available in euro pricing so not sure why it's limited on the .ie.

Also google before buying as there are always offers and codes being run for money off or free bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saphire

agree with ronbyrne2005, i have used the .co.uk site a number of times without any problems and its generally cheaper than the irish site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ordered dog food from them a few times, the delivery guy dropped it down to a neighbours about four doors down from us who then had to tell us that he had left it in with them, we did'nt know these neighbours and delivery guy never rang us to explain. I got onto zooplus and they said the reason that he wouldn't "step on our property" was because we had a big dog...emm he was delivering large breed dog food, what did he expect! He was just too lazy to carry the bag around to the front door I reckon. Anyway, zooplus = a waste of time IMO.

saphire wrote: »
    agree with ronbyrne2005, i have used the .co.uk site a number of times without any problems and its generally cheaper than the irish site
    Aargh, I hate when that happens - the .co.uk site is even cheaper :mad:
    Still, its not too bad and it is much better than buying locally.

The price difference is probably due in part at least, to the excellent exchange rate against Sterling at the moment. The rate will change over time but the best option would be to shop using both sites and compare the total price using www.xe.com or similar.

Delighted just went to buy something off zooplus they were cheaper then the pet shops around here and i went to use my voucher from my refund and i said id chance using my 14e as mentioned above on the english site and it worked so got 14pound off instead of euro and made it even cheaper again on top of the product being cheaper on .co.uk. One happy camper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not necessarily cheaper on .co.uk for all things though.

Look at this

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters/eheim/13352

and

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters/eheim/126260

On the .co.uk site its £42.90, which works out today @ €47.11, and on the .ie site its only €45.90.

It pays to think!

• Advertisement

Not necessarily cheaper on .co.uk for all things though.

Look at this

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters/eheim/13352

and

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters/eheim/126260

On the .co.uk site its £42.90, which works out today @ €47.11, and on the .ie site its only €45.90.

It pays to think!
    It does indeed and whats more it is free :D

Another example is the Enheim air pump range which is on sale on the .ie site but not on the .co.uk one:
    http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/technic_and_accessories/oxygen/19448
    vs
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/fish/technic_and_accessories/oxygen/126278

Also worth a mention is that the free shipping kicks in at the 49 Euro mark as opposed to only £29 Stg so it might make a difference depending on the value of the order.

A word of warning, while my entire order arrived safely (delivery took about five days) the box looked as if it had been badly treated, arriving damaged & broken, so be careful when ordering fragile or breakable items.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Have used zooplus.ie a couple of times and found delivery to be fast enough and prices good. Also, their customer service is good, they actually reply to messages emailed through to their website. Also, you build up points in your account for every 10 euro you spend, you can then use the points to buy other stuff. A v. good crowd to deal with.

Advertisement