Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson DC19 Animal

• 10-09-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Just bought a Dyson DC19 Animal in Powercity for €228 (order online, collect in store). I think this is a good deal - most places seem to be selling them for €300-360. This one includes the Turbine head as well as the flat head - I've found a few places have them for a similar price, but excluding the turbine head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Picked up one yesterday. Turbine head is normally €40 I think so a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Thanks for that, I just ordered mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

For those who are not brand snobs :D I recently purchased a Russell Hobbs Pet cyclonic which is a very similar spec to the Animal DC19 No bags, HEPA filters, turbo brush etc. etc. in Harvey Normans priced at €149 but I beat them down to €124! The crazy thing is that the same machine is just £59.99 in the UK but they won't ship it here because of WEEE.

Very happy with it, does a great job on both carpets and wood floors and very light for carrying up and down stairs.

Only bad points are the turbo head is very noisy in use and the cable is not as long as I would like.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!

Argos also have a version without the turbo head for €99!

Aside: I must get on to the Advertising Standards Authority about Dyson who claim this machine has "No running costs" unless of course the suction makes your electricity meter stop turning.....:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Picked one up in Tescos during the week for €210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Do-more wrote: »

Aside: I must get on to the Advertising Standards Authority about Dyson who claim this machine has "No running costs" unless of course the suction makes your electricity meter stop turning.....:D

Dyson is soooo good it sucks your meter backwards...

You need the turbo head for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Bought it in Powercity about 3 weeks back an no turbine head and it was €230, lucky u!

Has anyone got some humble pie for me?

That Russell Hobbs Pet cyclonic I got was an utter disaster! Kept clogging up and there was no easy way to take away long hairs that got wrapped around the turbo head.

Got the DC19 Animal instead (still available from Power City online for €229.95) and it's a far superior machine.

Even though it has a lower powered motor 1500 watt it does a much better job than the 2000w Russell Hobbs.

Let nobody say I don't admit it when I'm wrong! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I bought the DC21 for €297 delivered. Turbine head and all extras included. i thought that was a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have my DC19 since August and love it, brill machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cinny

i saw the DC allergy parquet in homestore and more belgard road two weeks ago for 199e. worth checking it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

If you get one with the turbine head, can you take it off for wooden floors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

golfman wrote: »
    The turbine in the head can be deactivated. It is still there but not turning

I got a a DC19 animal about a month ago and it came with a seperate head for hard floors as well as the turbine head.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thinking of getting one of these anyone know whats the best deal at the moment thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

BrendanD wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these anyone know whats the best deal at the moment thanks

Cheapest I can find online is Power City at €225 online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Cheapest I can find online is Power City at €225 online
    Cheers ill have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

I just bought a dc19 allergy/parquet in power city for 199 euro.It is dreadful-heavy,cumbersome and very hard on your back.I previously had a dc05 which was great.The cable on this new machine is half a metre shorter than the old one.Why?I have never heard anyone complaining about a hoover cable being too long!The tube is an inch shorter and the hose is so heavy.I was told at customer servise(misnomer)that it would take 8 days for an engineer to come out and take a look.Is that an acceptable lenght of time for what is an expensive product?Does anyone have any advice as I dnt want to wreck my back?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cinny

i got a Dc19 allergy/Parquet last week in electric city in carlow for 169euro. worth checking it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

anyone know where the DC19 Animal is for a good price in Cork/Waterford area as there is no powercity down here? thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

viperlogic wrote: »
    anyone know where the DC19 Animal is for a good price in Cork/Waterford area as there is no powercity down here? thx

amazon have DC 19 for £175.48/ €199 delivered. Its on offer at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

BrendanD wrote: »
    Cheers ill have a look
    I bought one from this site and was very happy with it, perfect quality and the delivery time was spot on. Most importantly the cost was far cheaper than other stores in the city. I saved over €100 -its cheaper than power city, its on an offer aswell so you can't go wrong.

http://www.vacuum.ie/Dyson-DC19-Animal-p91.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Powercity currently have the following

DC19 - Allergy - €180
    DC19 - Animal - €198

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dougiehowlett

Tobyglen wrote: »
    I bought one from this site and was very happy with it, perfect quality and the delivery time was spot on. Most importantly the cost was far cheaper than other stores in the city. I saved over €100 -its cheaper than power city, its on an offer aswell so you can't go wrong.

http://www.vacuum.ie/Dyson-DC19-Animal-p91.html

Also bought from vacuum.ie. Good delivery service, no messing and a good cleaner.

Unfortunately, Powercity are really only an option in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I also recommend http://www.vacuum.ie/Vacuum-ie-7.html
    Excellent deals on at the moment, excellent service also.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

+1 from me about www.vacuum.ie folks. a great site and good value too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Ok guys, new to the vacuum cleaner scene.
    first what's the difference between the animal and the allergy?
    second what's this turbo head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

asharkman wrote: »
    Ok guys, new to the vacuum cleaner scene.
    first what's the difference between the animal and the allergy?
    second what's this turbo head?
    I would check out reviews online. It is bizarre the marketing success that dyson have achieved, although people still call them hoovers! I have used 2 dysons so far and thought they were OK. What I remember most is the cleaners in my place were in the room next to me looking for the hoover and cursing saying "ah all they have is this crap", I presumed they had found our old nilfisk when in fact it was the dyson, and they were telling me how pissed off they were since all the offices had started to buy them in and how much longer it took them to do the job. Best I have used are those henry ones with the faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭mr chips

I wouldn't know about this sort of thing meself, of course, being the manly type who does no housework. :D But my ma was asking me to look for a Dyson online - seeing as a few people have recommended that vacuum.ie place, I suggested she try them. She took delivery of it last week and seems delighted - good value, and they kept their word about the quick delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

mr chips wrote: »
    I wouldn't know about this sort of thing meself, of course, being the manly type who does no housework. :D But my ma was asking me to look for a Dyson online - seeing as a few people have recommended that vacuum.ie place, I suggested she try them. She took delivery of it last week and seems delighted - good value, and they kept their word about the quick delivery.

Unfortunate that your mother paid 40 euro over the odds, been at 199 on DID's website for the last month!

• Advertisement
Advertisement