Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE block Overplay VPN

• 24-09-2010 3:10am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 174 ✭✭

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong area but it looks like RTE has blocked the IP addresses that Overplay VPN uses.

I have used Overplay for a long time not only with RTE but also with BBC, ITV, Channel 4, etc.

Yet the BBC or ITV is not restricting Overplays UK IP addresses when they have far far far more original programing, many of which actually end up on television here on BBC America, PBS, or Sundance.

Instead RTE is preventing me from seeing a program like "Ireland's Greatest" even though it has no chance of ever being screened in any other country than Ireland.

So what is there, GAA?, that would cause them to block the IP addresses? I would assume that the reason it is getting blocked is because a large number of people used the service and if they are all willing to pay $10/month for Overplay maybe it is time for RTE to pick up the international rights to GAA because Setanta North America (now Premium Sports) either force you to go to the pub or pay $19.95 per game to watch it online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You still getting this issue. Did you contact Overplay about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Any further information on this chaps? Is it still blocked by overplay and is there any good alternatives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From our Charter:
    • Please do not discuss how to capture / download streaming content from any streaming video site. This includes YouTube, RTE Player, Google Video, Metacafe, Hulu etc
    • While we're on the subject, discussing how to bypass geographical limitations to watch streaming content is also a no-no (i.e. how to watch Hulu outside the US)
    Consider this a first and final warning!

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement