Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying from the states

• 01-10-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

was wondering do u have to pay a tax when buying from the the states??my bro bought runners from sneakers4world for 37 yo yos.was told hed get them tues.im thinking of gettin some north face gear sent over too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 .243 express

Yes you do have to pay tax.You might get away with it when you only spent 37euro.I recently got stuff from the states worth about 240euro and DHL charged me 50odd euro.(robbing Bstards)....If you get it sent with UNITED STATES postal service like An Post here most of the time you wont get done for tax and vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rory a m

the bro thinks he will b ok as they will b sent to england first and then sent here.will ave to wait and c.tanks 4 youre reply.ill keep u posted if u want if it works its a gud deal i saw same runners in belfast 4 100sterling.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 .243 express

Thats the way to do it ok.You should be grand.Hate giving DHL and the likes money takes the good out of buying from the states.But even with the tax its still a better deal than buying in this rip off country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

I got stung recently, only 17 euros but the letter I got from the revenue said everything over 22euros from outside the eu is going to be hit for tax/charges :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Roy,can you let me know what the trainers are like when you get of them.
    Like to hear your advice before I buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

hows this a bargain alert? wrong fookin forum:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

myles79 wrote: »
    hows this a bargain alert? wrong fookin forum:confused:

shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

colsku banned for 2 weeks for personal abuse against the one person making sense in this thread!

This is not a Bargain Alert - thread closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement