Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Biased to Dublin again

Options
  • 08-12-2003 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Watching the 9 o' clock news on saturday night waiting for the result of the Munster game. Sport news comes on and big report about the Leinster game. I assumed next would be the score at least of the Munster game..nope...not a mention..nada.
    Straight onto the premiership scores. What the hell is up with RTE that they cant even give the score of the best followed rugby team in Ireland. They acted as if Leinster was the only team playing...bloody typical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dublin being the only county in Leinster?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

True though...RTE loves Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

well its main base of operations is in Dublin 4.....and dare I say it most of its employees would be from the Dublin area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    well its main base of operations is in Dublin 4.....and dare I say it most of its employees would be from the Dublin area

:rolleyes: forget about the people who pay their tv license outside of Dublin then. RTÉ doesnt broadcast exclusively for its employees you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bias is more the opposite.
    Most news stories within Ireland are reported outside dublin first.

Dublin as a huge population centre does not have a regional correspondent like every other region.*
    Have you ever seen Nationwide reporting a Dublin story :)

RTE dublin crime reports only focus on the murders, yet if there are armed raids/people beaten up, they are more likely to be reported if they happened outside dublin.

*statement is 6 months old as i have not watched rte news since then

Well, the public face of rte, the news/weather/radio are mostly from outside dublin.
    Gerry Ryan\Bachelor's Walk does not count as 1000 employees :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTE dublin crime reports only focus on the murders, yet if there are armed raids/people beaten up, they are more likely to be reported if they happened outside dublin.

RTE generally reports from "the regions" for murders etc as much as in Dublin.

I beleive that the have a Dublin corsopondent now.

Also you prob dont care if they have a dublin corospondent when sky news have a Irish Corospondent, And sure aren't sky getting there on Irish Nine OClock news now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

but seriously...who gives a damn about the bogger scum.... to hell or to connaught that what I say :D

Advertisement