Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is nexus 9 still worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Your point? I'm suggesting that's it's not good value at €419, whereas the temporary sale price was good value.

Did I quote your post? No I didn't. I obviously wasn't referring to you based on what you said and what I said. A bit 'touchy feely' are you?

My point? My point is clear and concise to anyone with a normal functioning brain. If you can't understand what I was saying in my post, Im doubtful that you're capable of understanding anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Maybe I just don't like when people are snide, condescending smart arses and are too busy admiring themselves from the top of their high horse that they can't see how their posts come across.

Maybe I just don't like when people are snide, condescending smart arses and are too busy admiring themselves from the top of their high horse that they can't see how their posts come across.

Ill take that as you now understand you were in the wrong and you're the proud type so can't admit it. I think your issue isn't a dislike of people who you bizarrely/irrationally perceive as "snide, condescending smart arses", but a much deeper issue. Maybe this forum is the one for you.

giphy.gif

Back on topic, my 2 Nexus 32GBs have landed in store. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Have a white 32GB reserved in Carlow and should be there between Monday and Wednesday of next week even though there's actually 1 in stock!

According to the BA thread Argos have been grand for selling them at the reserved price (€279) instead of the current (€419) price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

I have one reserved but not sure whether I should take the plunge?

I am a very light user on a tablet - browsing mainly. Because of the Nexus 9 high spec how many years would I get before it slows? Is 2 years the norm or could I get more?

Or would I be better off with a lower spec cheaper model and say get 2 in the same life span of the Nexus 9?

• Advertisement

Niemoj wrote: »
    Have a white 32GB reserved in Carlow and should be there between Monday and Wednesday of next week even though there's actually 1 in stock!

According to the BA thread Argos have been grand for selling them at the reserved price (€279) instead of the current (€419) price.

They'd probably sell it to you since you have a reservation. The Nexus you ordered should be in stock earlier than that.
    odckdo wrote: »

I am a very light user on a tablet - browsing mainly. Because of the Nexus 9 high spec how many years would I get before it slows? Is 2 years the norm or could I get more?

Or would I be better off with a lower spec cheaper model and say get 2 in the same life span of the Nexus 9?

Id get the Nexus 9 in your case

They'd probably sell it to you since you have a reservation. The Nexus you ordered should be in stock earlier than that.

In the email it says "Monday 27th July to Wednesday 29th July 2015".

I don't mind having to wait for it anyway just as long as I can get it for that cracking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If you decide not to take the plunge can I make use of your reservation code?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I got mine in Carlow and they gave me the sale price upon showing the email with the reservation code and price agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

S Jimmy if I decide not to go with it I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

S Jimmy if I decide not to go with it I'll let you know.

Thanks odckdo. But another poster has kindly offered me their code :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

Mine was due Monday to Wednesday, but got a text yesterday it was in stock. Picked it up, lovely piece of kit.

In the email it says "Monday 27th July to Wednesday 29th July 2015".

I don't mind having to wait for it anyway just as long as I can get it for that cracking price.

I know you said that in your other post. Mine came early and so did some other 'boardsies' tablets.

I know you said that in your other post. Mine came early and so did some other 'boardsies' tablets.

Oh right fair enough.

Well I doubt they'll have anything coming in during the weekend so looks like it'll be monday after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looking at the nexus 9 myself - have been using a nexus 7 since last 2012 and it has gone very slow even with factory resets etc. Also I read the 7 won't be getting the new Android M software? Good excuse to upgrade!

Also tempted by the Samsung Tab S 8.4 or even the new S2 8.0 - they seem a good bit smaller and lighter, particularly the former for only a small compromise on screen size. I do like the portability of the Nexus 7 but would like a bit of a bigger screen, but the better software experience of the nexus devices is pushing me over the samsung. I guess I really want a Nexus 8 but don't think there will be one any time soon :D:D

Is the fingerprinting issue really that bad on the black Nexus 9? And the light bleed and heating issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

I reserved on in argos on Wednesday I think at the 279 price due in Monday or Tuesday.. I checked the reservation email and it doesn't mention what I ordered at all. Just says thanks for your reservation.. Did I mess it up?

Cheers
    Mick

I reserved on in argos on Wednesday I think at the 279 price due in Monday or Tuesday.. I checked the reservation email and it doesn't mention what I ordered at all. Just says thanks for your reservation.. Did I mess it up?

Cheers
    Mick

It should say it. Mine does. Check if your email security has disabled half the email. It should say at the top of the email in small writing that some of it was disabled from showing? Or else try checking emails on a different pc/device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Did I quote your post? No I didn't. I obviously wasn't referring to you based on what you said and what I said. A bit 'touchy feely' are you?

My point? My point is clear and concise to anyone with a normal functioning brain. If you can't understand what I was saying in my post, Im doubtful that you're capable of understanding anything else.
    Tone it down a few notches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

Looking for a game to test out your new Nexus 9?

I recommend 'The Talos Principle'!

More details about it here.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Looking for a game to test out your new Nexus 9?

I recommend 'The Talos Principle'!

More details about it here.
    That game looks amazing!

Shame to say it has the standard "Euro Tax" on it.

Anyway tomorrow is when I'll be getting mine and I have a few games already bought in anticipation.

Any other graphically intensive (free/paid) games you'd recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

That game looks amazing!

Shame to say it has the standard "Euro Tax" on it.

Anyway tomorrow is when I'll be getting mine and I have a few games already bought in anticipation.

Any other graphically intensive (free/paid) games you'd recommend?

You got a reply in the main Nexus 9 thread, I also recommend the following: -

Shardlands

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Hellraid: The Escape

The above three don't need the Nexus 9 hardware but are enjoyable all the same.

Regards
    John

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement