Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nexus player...

Options
  • 26-10-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a box like this to replace my smart DVD player... main purpose is to download and play free movie files and to stream YouTube...

Does anyone know if moboviewer or other third party apps will run on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

4083 posts and its all over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm looking for a box like this to replace my smart DVD player... main purpose is to download and play free movie files and to stream YouTube...

Does anyone know if showbox or other third party apps will run on it?

You can get banned for asking about things like that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sorry... I should have clarified that I only watch movies that have surpassed their copywrite or are free to view... also believed that it was a perfectly legitimate app...

What I should have asked is, will the nexus player be able to run all third party apps from the play store? Or will it run specificly written apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What I should have asked is, will the nexus player be able to run all third party apps from the play store? Or will it run specificly written apps?

Answers on a postcard...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

It's Android and it's a Nexus, so at some point there should bee methods available to install or sideload regular apk's from outside of the Play Store. I'm sure it will be a very popular XBMC box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement