Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIM

Options
  • 31-08-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,906 ✭✭✭✭

what ever happend to the finnish band HIM ??. when i was about 14/15 they were big enough and loads of people were wearing HIM hoodies and the likes.

The Rasmus were another band who disapearred

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what ever happend to the finnish band HIM ??. when i was about 14/15 they were big enough and loads of people were wearing HIM hoodies and the likes.

Jesus that's a blast from the past. Haven't heard or even thought of them in years. I had a mate who was totally obsessed with them at the time as well. God I feel old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,906 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ant695 wrote: »
    Jesus that's a blast from the past. Haven't heard or even thought of them in years. I had a mate who was totally obsessed with them at the time as well. God I feel old now.
    i was watching a film named garage last night and the youngfella in it was wearing a him hoodie. The singer Vile Valo was in a few viva la bam episodes. Bam Mangera another blast from the past

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i was watching a film named garage last night and the youngfella in it was wearing a him hoodie. The singer Vile Valo was in a few viva la bam episodes. Bam Mangera another blast from the past

That's right I think I remember reading at one point as well that his dad had a sex shop and he used to hang out there after school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

HIM was everywhere 12 years ago, you couldn't escape the heartagram t-shirts and hoodies even if you wanted to. Looking back they were basically Anathema sugar-coated for teenyboppers. A quick google search reveals that they're still going, but I'd imagine that most people rightfully don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Yes still going but not as good as they once were.

I liked them back in the day they had some really good songs. To be honest even though they had a lot of goth-type girls as fans they were quite a bit darker than modern Anathema who are much more of a prog outfit.

The Bam Margera association goes back years. At the last HIM show I saw in Dublin, Bam turfed himself out of one of the boxes on the upper level of the Olympia and went splat on the floor. The support band was Cathedral....which ws nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Couldn't stand them, seen them a few times at festivals but tended to go to antoehr stage when they were on.

Funniest HIM moment for me was when one of the support bands for Metallica at Wembley Stadium in 2007 pulled out, some bright spark decided HIM would be a good replacement, fcuk they got some savage abuse that day

Advertisement