Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Fighter 5 ( Ps4 , Pc )

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

So it begins again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This song , once again been going through my head :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will probably wait till they release the final version, unless they detail an upgrade path early on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

wes wrote: »
    Will probably wait till they release the final version,

2021 is a long time away, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

2021 is a long time away, you know.

Will probably give long before then to be fair..... Hopefully they do detail an upgrade path however, so we don't have to pay full price again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

Video removed anyone save a copy or have another link

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

anonyanony wrote: »
    Video removed anyone save a copy or have another link

wes wrote: »
    Will probably give long before then to be fair..... Hopefully they do detail an upgrade path however, so we don't have to pay full price again and again.

Capcom's only mistake with the SF4 series was not offering an upgrade option from SF4 (the first version) to Super SF4 (second version). They released Super as a stand alone again, an upgrade option should of been given. But at least Super was not sold at full price (€29.99 at release). Super had quite a lot of new content though, such as 10 new characters, new music, new stages, new games modes, bonus stages, updated trials and rebalanced gameplay and was critically very well recieved.

The subsequent versions Arcade Edition and Ultra where offered as an upgrade option from Super/Arcade Edtion or as a full standalone and where priced accordingly.

For casual players you don't need to ever upgrade. The differences are generally not worth while. The upgrades are not for you. But for the fans of the series who understand the mechanics and changes being made its what they want and expect and they are happy with it. Addtional content but more importantly rebalancing to keep the game fresh. Its being like that since the days of the arcade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not a game I'd play myself but it's disappointing to see the trend of third-party platform exclusives continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It'll be timed. I'd be absolutely amazed if Capcom went for full exclusivity on this entry or even allowed the vanilla release to be platform exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

More timed exclusive bull****. It really has no place in the world of games. It just punishes owners of the other console. The developers should spend more time optimizing games properly rather than releasing half finished titles for specific platforms.

Not the sort of news that should be celebrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,837 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even when Capcom does exclusives and the developer threatens to kill themselves they end up on rival consoles/PC. See Dead Rising 3/Resident Evil 4/Street Fighter 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Microsoft's policy with exclusives was (is?) that you could either release on MS's console first (timed exclusive for MS), release only if it was a major update (ie the dreaded incremental), or not release at all (remaining Sony-exclusive).

So fvck 'em.

Sony now have 3 console-exclusive fighting games (Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd, SF5) and their console is cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Microsoft's policy with exclusives was (is?) that you could either release on MS's console first (timed exclusive for MS), release only if it was a major update (ie the dreaded incremental), or not release at all (remaining Sony-exclusive).

So fvck 'em.

Sony now have 3 console-exclusive fighting games (Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd, SF5) and their console is cheaper too.

I can't see MS turning Street Fighter away.

A real shame if it is exclusive though. Fair enough for some games, but proper gaming institutions like SF which have always been generally multiformat where possible, it's unfair on those who selected a console without possibly knowing it could become an exclusive to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The original video was taken down by Capcom but someone managed to make a copy.... then capcom got that video taken down as well :pac:
    Seems it was a mistake and revealed before the VGA's tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I do find it interesting that nobody is going nuts, ala Tomb Raider on the Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So fvck 'em.

i thought xbox was cheaper now? :confused:

Aren't capcom in financial trouble? surely a timed exclusive.

i thought xbox was cheaper now? :confused:

Aren't capcom in financial trouble? surely a timed exclusive.

It says exclusively on PS4 and PC during the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Eh, thats only if the dev wants to publish through ID@Xbox thing.

Wonder if this is the same reason MS got Tomb Raider, offered alot of money as they don't have an Uncharted.

Sony offered alot of money as they don't have their own credible fighter.

Regardless its still too soon, Capcom are trying to bury the genre again.

• Advertisement

Too soon?. SF4 was released back in 2008. While fans where happy with the updates to SF4, they where also chopping at the bit for a new game in the series. A new games that isn't that cluster f**k Street Fighter X Tekken that is.

Will admit there is a flood of fighting games now, largely off the back of SF4 success.

RasTa wrote: »
    I do find it interesting that nobody is going nuts, ala Tomb Raider on the Xbox

Sony fanboys are the worst.

rizzla wrote: »
    Sony fanboys are the worst.

Not a chance, Pc master race are the most obnoxious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,837 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not a chance, Pc master race are the most obnoxious

PC master race only come across as arrogant because they are always right :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »

nobody trampoling there grand mother for a pc rig , bunch of nerds XD

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh look, someone got a pair of big boy pants with their new rig. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Confirmed PC + PS4 exclusive (Not timed liked TR). Pretty big I guess, probably the only fighting game I play so glad its at least going to be on PS4, shame for XB1 only owners.

Cross platform play confirmed between PS4 and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

I wonder what specs will be needed to run it on a P.C. Bar this game I have zero interest in XBOX1 nor the PS4 so far so I hate that this one game will be the deciding factor in getting a PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I wonder what specs will be needed to run it on a P.C. Bar this game I have zero interest in XBOX1 nor the PS4 so far so I hate that this one game will be the deciding factor in getting a PS4.

But bloodborne...

• Funny thing is a lot of people in the games forum were giving out stink about ms buying out the rights for tomb raider

Now Sony do the same thing

For me personally it won't matter I own both but this a funny auld place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

In all fairness it's street fighter not battlefield or cod.. Wont exactly break hearts sure we have our own exclusive fighter

In all fairness it's street fighter not battlefield or cod.. Wont exactly break hearts sure we have our own exclusive fighter

unless you are a evo player

Killer Instinct does not compare to the SF series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Luckily I've a PS4 but let's put it this way, if it was announced as Xbox One exclusive I'd more than likely go out and buy the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Batesy wrote: »
    Luckily I've a PS4 but let's put it this way, if it was announced as Xbox One exclusive I'd more than likely go out and buy the Xbox One.

Exactly, microsoft need more exclusives if they want to shift consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I don't see how this is comparable to the Tomb Raider deal. MS paid for a game, that was already being developed, to not come out on PS4 for an agreed amount of time.

In July of 2013, the producer of Street Fighter came out and said he didn't have the money nor staff to do a SFV - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

This seems more like a Bayonetta 2 scenario rather than paying for a timed exclusive.

Keno wrote: »
    I don't see how this is comparable to the Tomb Raider deal. MS paid for a game, that was already being developed, to not come out on PS4 for an agreed amount of time.

In July of 2013, the producer of Street Fighter came out and said he didn't have the money nor staff to do a SFV - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

This seems more like a Bayonetta 2 scenario rather than paying for a timed exclusive.
    To be honest, that reads more like Ono didn't have the R&D Budget and Team to bring Ultra Street Fighter IV to the next gen consoles as well as the previous ones.

Still pretty god damn shocked they've gone with full blown exclusivity though, even if it is just for the first iteration in the series. The cross platform play does somewhat hint at the relationship they have with Sony for the title though. And by relationship I of course mean the amount of money that's exchanged hands. :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Seems as good a time as any (given that there are some posters here I don't see over there!), to remind people that the Fighting Game forum here on boards is the hub of the Irish Fighting Game community, which is probably one of the most (if not the most) active offline communities for a genre in Ireland. And we play a lot of Street Fighter (and all those other fighting games :P)

As for SFV, it's looking a bit too hitstop-ey atm, but it's very early days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kotaku saying it will be cross platform, And thats the reason its not on Xbox.

dreamers75 wrote: »

?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RasTa wrote: »
    ?

PC players can play against PS4 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Azza wrote: »
    Cross platform play confirmed between PS4 and PC.

Holy sh1t! Now that is pretty amazing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This does sound more like a Bayonetta case than a Tomb Raider case to be fair.

Anyway, I'm not much of a fighting game player... the only fighting game I really enjoyed was Tekken 3 but I have to say that teaser trailer has made me interested in this.

Amazing what a good trailer can do for something.

Was just thinking how there’s precedence for this console exclusivity going way back to the SNES days when there was no Street Fighter II or Street Fighter II Turbo the Megadrive. I’d put money on a similar thing here whereby we eventually see Super Street Fighter V Turbo Championship Edition EX Alpha on the Xbox One.

http://www.pcgamer.com/street-fighter-v-will-allow-pc-and-ps4-players-to-beat-each-other-up/
    Last Friday, Capcom surprised everyone by unexpectedly rolling our a reveal trailer for Street Fighter V. Then, slightly less unexpectedly, they bundled it back in—most likely subjecting the employee who had accidentally published the trailer to a subsequent trial by Hadouken.
    The game is now officially announced, and we've learned a few more details with it. Well, one main detail: Street Fighter V will offer cross-platform play between PC and PS4. That means you can theoretically punch your way through every SFV owner, regardless of what platform they're playing on.
    Sounds great, assuming the netcode is up to the task. Cross-platform play has traditionally been a shonky mess for shooters, but fighting games seem far more suited to the task.
    We're still pretty short on other details about the sequel. There's no release date as yet, so instead here's a picture of Ryu doing a kick so powerful that ink squirts out of his foot or something.

Sweet

But the mouse and keyboard players will destroy the console casuals on joypads!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

Macro Keyboards and fireball dragon punch spam :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Arcade stick master race guys ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement