Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad Max

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended up trading my copy into today got the money I paid back for it so I am happy out.

1st time in a while that I just gave up on finishing the game got to the gas town races and I was board off my ass at that stage and did nit care for the story at all. The must fun for me was just getting the camps as you fell reword when you get one of them done. But other then that if it came out later in the year I wouldn't have bought the game at all.

I would give it a 6.5 out of 10 the idea is great but if they make a 2nd one I hope it fixes what's wrong with this or maybe I am just burned out from open world games ?.

But to be fair I have been playing Disney infinity and I find that a lot more fun then this lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got a good five or six hours out of this game, more or less upgraded all of Jeets stronghold and then got moved onto another stronghold. It just seems to be rinse and repeat. Is it the same pattern throughout the game? That'll get fairly boring.

It's a good game, looks great and it's a bit of craic zipping around and upgrading the car, but i can see it getting repetitive fairly quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got bored and gave up myself, playing Kerbal Space Program now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Figured out what a jack is and now am ploughing through the main mission ignoring everything else.

Literally went from Gutash stronghold to Pink Eyes in 2 missions, probably over the course of 20 mins. Be finished the game in 2 hours at this rate....

Might set up a speed run and see how quick it can be done ignoring the '$hite'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im loving this game the open wasteland is cool to explore when you go underground in certain parts

as usual though it has the repetitive side quests which i aim to avoid except the story is telling me to do some of it to progress:rolleyes:

i dont mind them being there but dont tell me to do side stuff to progress in the main quest thats so annoying and just extra EXTRA padding:mad:

but I do like the game and am finding it more entertaining than mgsv

so whats the quickest way to gain scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

biggebruv wrote: »
    so whats the quickest way to gain scrap

Build the Cleanup Crew (auto-loots destroyed enemy vehicles) and Scrap Crews (gives you scrap while the game is off, but you have to be online) projects in the strongholds. Also stealing Scrapulances and driving them back to the nearest friendly stronghold.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Scrap Crews (gives you scrap while the game is off, but you have to be online)

Scrap Crews are a load of b*ll**. :P You get a few hundred tops. Probably better off increasing what ever skill gives you extra scrap and then doing all the Camps....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

do both..

• Advertisement

still enjoying it but its pissing me off how every main mission is getting locked behind doing stupid side ****

I wanna come home and make progress in the main game making the optional side stuff a must is very very lazy from the devs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just finished this last night.

I've only really enjoyed the last 2 hours of my 17 spent.
    Racing around with Chum makes you a machine of death and way OP. Only started enjoying it when i unlocked the iconic interceptor and started going around solo. A lot more vulnerable and every bit of ammo for the shotgun is a godsend.

Be good if you could restart the campaign with it...a sort of, hardcore mode. 1 life, 1 death and no Griffa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I couldn't stick it out, good driving but so so boring, good attempt at a game of the film though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

got this on sale yesterday and having a great time with it so far. Hand to hand combats a bit poor but the car is great craic altogether.

good god what a repetitive grindfest this is , up to act 3 with a fair bit of the optional stuff and clearing out done but you have seen everything this to offer in 2 hours, 20 hour game if that with 80 hours extra if do all the side stuff and clearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I enjoyed it but after I had cleared 2 of the 4 areas I just went to end game to get it over with

• Advertisement

• Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I enjoyed it but after I had cleared 2 of the 4 areas I just went to end game to get it over with

I'd say I'm 50% through the game

Can you complete the other stuff after game completion? I was gonna fire it up again today as it's till ion my backlog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Yes you can carry on after finishing the story missions. I reduced the threat in all the regions but couldnt be bothered trying to collect all the scrap. Didnt feel worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd say I'm 50% through the game

Can you complete the other stuff after game completion? I was gonna fire it up again today as it's till ion my backlog

Jayus Mick you must have a bigger backlog than me :D

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Jayus Mick you must have a bigger backlog than me :D

Yes it's shocking bad, even worse its across multiple systems including retro consoles :/

• So finished this yesterday. It actually was a better play once I ignored the padding and drove on with the missions.

I love how they handled the ending,
    Chase section was class, especially all the flashbacks and people talking in his head as he's killing everyone
    I actually really liked the story to be honest. Stayed completly faithful to the Mad Max movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So finished this yesterday. It actually was a better play once I ignored the padding and drove on with the missions.

I love how they handled the ending,
    Chase section was class, especially all the flashbacks and people talking in his head as he's killing everyone
    I actually really liked the story to be honest. Stayed completly faithful to the Mad Max movies.

Its In my backlog as well , ive formulated a plan to start getting through it though, but tomb raider is first on the list.

Its In my backlog as well , ive formulated a plan to start getting through it though, but tomb raider is first on the list.

Meant to reply to Mick when he asked about completing side stuff once finished main game and forgot but seeing as you haven't started I'll give you some advice so you might avoid the issues I had going for 100% and completing the challenges.

They are not impossible but some are much more difficult and time consuming to do if you have reduced threat in the areas to 0 due to enemies dying up and so try to have a read through them and be aware of them and do them as you go, 90% will come naturally but ones like killing 15 jumpers with boarding spikes and killing certain vehicles while driving a certain vehicle are a royal pain in rear if you have reduced the threat and taken out all the convoys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

tempted play this.anyone play it lately? any improvement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

brady12 wrote: »
    tempted play this.anyone play it lately? any improvement?

It's limited, but also good fun. I really enjoyed my time with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really enjoyed Mad Max, thought it was a great game if a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cracking game. Played through it again recently and still holds up. Was overlooked at the time which was a shame as I'd be day 1 for a sequel. Just a note though, there are some trophies which are glitched so if you're a Plat hunter, you may not be able to get it through no fault of your own. Still recommended though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

As above, excellent game and have played through it a couple of times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

thanks lads .enough positive feedback that iv ordered this.

Advertisement