Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadpool videogame announced

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xtravision doing a deal, trade 2 games from list of 300 and get deadpool for 99c

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/deadpool

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Xtravision doing a deal, trade 2 games from list of 300 and get deadpool for 99c

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/deadpool

and a number of those games are in gamestop's current summer sale. i picked up dragon's dogma: dark arisen and f1 race stars yesterday brand new for €30, so even if you don't have two to trade in, you can get some at gamestop and deadpool only costs 30.99 in total :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rented it for a euro due to an xtravison come back offer. It's funny. Gameplay isn't great but it's probably the funniest game I've ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Picked it up this morning...the fighting is pretty much the same as every spider-man game activision have been involved in but the story and one-liners so far have been pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Deadpool earlier (trust me, it doesn't take long)

As suspected, the gameplay isn't great, the controls are pretty bad, the frame rate is shocking in places (and isn't something I normally even notice in games other people are complaining about it) and the overall standard of the game design is pretty poor. There doesn't even seem to be any hidden collectibles or secret areas or anything, which is almost standard in a game like this because once you've seen all the funny bits, it would be the only real reason to play through the game again.

That being said, the humour and some of the stuff in it is f*cking brilliant and almost makes the whole thing worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Picked it up this morning...the fighting is pretty much the same as every spider-man game activision have been involved in but the story and one-liners so far have been pretty good.
    So it's a bad Spider-Man with ridiculous humour?

Huh. Kinda fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reminds me of Rogue Trooper, a game i love that isnt really good but i like it as it has Rogue Trooper and Gunnar and his mates were in it.

Again not a great game but the character end of it was very good much like Deadpool, its a **** game but if you have any interest in Deadpool you will finish it.

reckon some Deadpool fan boyz will even say its a good game, its not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I finally managed to get around to getting this today (considering it was pulled from sale on PC for a while). While i'm about 70% through it (it's fairly short by the looks of it), i'll mirror the statements above. Average gameplay, simple hack'n'slash with a few guns thrown in, bad level design. However, it's the first game in a long time (since Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2) that has genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I know about Deadpool, but never read any of the comics or watched anything he's in (we won't mention X-Men). But i am pleasantly surprised at how well the one-liners and jokes in general really are. Some serious funny moments. If the film script is anything like this, i'm going to be seriously impressed!

I finally managed to get around to getting this today (considering it was pulled from sale on PC for a while). While i'm about 70% through it (it's fairly short by the looks of it), i'll mirror the statements above. Average gameplay, simple hack'n'slash with a few guns thrown in, bad level design. However, it's the first game in a long time (since Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2) that has genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I know about Deadpool, but never read any of the comics or watched anything he's in (we won't mention X-Men). But i am pleasantly surprised at how well the one-liners and jokes in general really are. Some serious funny moments. If the film script is anything like this, i'm going to be seriously impressed!

yeah that pretty much nails. not a great game but funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yeah that pretty much nails. not a great game but funny.

I finished it last night (Steam says 6 hours), and i have to say that it was highly enjoyable. Especially that level for
    Death, where she asks you to collect 3 souls for the speak/hear/see no evil. Just fantastic!

I finished it last night (Steam says 6 hours), and i have to say that it was highly enjoyable. Especially that level for
    Death, where she asks you to collect 3 souls for the speak/hear/see no evil. Just fantastic!

Love the level when
    the budget runs out
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Game is going to be released on PS4 and Xbox One on 20th November

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-01-activision-ports-deadpool-to-ps4-and-xbox-one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,235 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was fairly enjoyable to play through the first time, mostly for the humour and Deadpool-ness as opposed to the gameplay. Wouldn't bother with it a second time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hope they do a better job with it than the Prototype rereleases.

Advertisement