Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone live settings for prepay ?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi

Trying to setup vodafone Live on my new 3g phone.

Spent ages on vodafone.ie looking for the settings for vodafone live. Eventually rang them and after an age, they emailed me a word doc with settings for all kinds of services. They said that the following settings are what I need

APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone

They advised that this is charged to prepay customers at a daily once off connection fee of 99c, you can then d/l 50MB and after that its 2c per MB.

Can any of you confirm this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Live APN is charged at the 99c for 50MB daily rate.

The ISP APN is charged at 19c per MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

KStaford wrote: »
    Hi

Trying to setup vodafone Live on my new 3g phone.

Spent ages on vodafone.ie looking for the settings for vodafone live. Eventually rang them and after an age, they emailed me a word doc with settings for all kinds of services. They said that the following settings are what I need

They advised that this is charged to prepay customers at a daily once off connection fee of 99c, you can then d/l 50MB and after that its 2c per MB.

Can any of you confirm this ?

in fact i can disconfirm it. believe it or not the APN for vodafone live is live.vodafone.com :P

you can get the settings here:
    http://powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php

the charging for the live APN is as follows:
    2c per KB up to 99c
    then a flat rate up to 50MB
    then back to 2c per KB

note it's KB and not MB as you were told

as Random says, the isp APN which is the one you were given settings for is 19c per mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

yeah I was thinking; Coming home on the train tonight, i'd do a bit of browsing and check my credit balance, it was creeping down about 40-50 cent and I could not figure out why. I did ask the vodafone fella on the phone and he assured me that the ISP APN was the one I wanted but he was either ill informed or they are on the make.

Random, can you tell me what the Live APN, Username and password are please?

yeah I was thinking; Coming home on the train tonight, i'd do a bit of browsing and check my credit balance, it was creeping down about 40-50 cent and I could not figure out why. I did ask the vodafone fella on the phone and he assured me that the ISP APN was the one I wanted but he was either ill informed or they are on the make.

Random, can you tell me what the Live APN, Username and password are please?
    Here you go
    http://powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php#vodafone

I think I tried those before as in . . .

APN:live.vodafone.com
    username:dublin
    password:dublin

and if I remember correctly, the results were piss poor. I dont think these settings work from my home for example whereas the isp settings do. Can you shed any light ?

• Advertisement

You won't be able to use the Live APN in your phone as a modem, you will need to use ISP instead.

If that's what you mean ?

I think I tried those before as in . . .

and if I remember correctly, the results were piss poor. I dont think these settings work from my home for example whereas the isp settings do. Can you shed any light ?

what were you trying to do? the live APN has a lot of things blocked like i think pop3 and some java apps can't access the net

did you enter the proxy, 10.24.59.100:8080?

no I'm not trying to use the phone as a modem, I just want to use the browser on the phone for checking webmail etc. I'll try again in a few minutes and see what happens.

no I'm not trying to use the phone as a modem, I just want to use the browser on the phone for checking webmail etc. I'll try again in a few minutes and see what happens.

i know you're not. you can use pop3 on phones nowadays. what phone do you have and i might be able to tell you how to enter the settings

HTC Touch HD

I'm fine ith entering the settings, just trying now. will let u know in a few minutes

• Advertisement

Right, so far I've tried the Live PN

proxy: 10.24.59.100:80 and I also tried 8080
    (also tried completely restarting the phone as I always do)

I connect ok with 2-3 bar signal but the browser just continuously tries loading page (in my case google.ie) but never gets there. This is what happened me before. I'm gonna try the ISP APN now and see if that works.

right ! using the ISP APN

It immediately worked first time, browser loads google instantly as well as other websites that I tried, etc. so can anyone shed any light ?

For anyone that follows, I found a solution. Follow this post exactly and bob's your uncle.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55893452&postcount=3

Advertisement