Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karma tattoos

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey guys
    Just wondering is there anyone out there who mite be able to help me out.
    Ive been looking for ages to get a tattoo to symbolise good karma.I,ve got a few tattoos already but they have no real meaning to me.The problem is I can,t find any symbols anywhere could anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I've been also thinking about this subject for a tattoo as well, so am very interested in hearing about any ideas. I had a look on Google and saw a lot of Chinese letters, but I'd prefer something along the lines of the Karma Wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps some sort of mandala or yin/yang?
    Snake biting its own tail?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

For me I'm looking at the Wheel of Dharma - link

300px-Wheel_of_Dharmasvg.png

BuddhismSymbol.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Good positive reason for a tattoo, i would recommend some type of mandala or maybe a chakra or mitsu tomoe, or even an enso, these are all symbols that represent karma or good living imo.
    Heart chakra
    HeartChakra.jpg

Mitsu tomoe
    250240492_c9cc88ec4b.jpg?v=0

Enso
    Enso_intro.gif

swastikas are misunderstood but a lot of people are choosing recently to be tattooed with swastikas for spiritual reasons
    http://www.freewebs.com/manwomans/savetheswastika.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

NukeD4 wrote: »

swastikas are misunderstood but a lot of people are choosing recently to be tattooed with swastikas for spiritual reasons
    QUOTE]
    COuld ya seriously imagine though going around with a swastika, yed be murdurreed:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

there's a lot of people out there with them, more than you'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Wilburt wrote: »
    there's a lot of people out there with them, more than you'd think

Serious ?????, just dont go to a bar mitzvah :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

one of my best mates has several swastikas on his arms. ya dont get murdered, so much as just judged a million times over without people actually talking to you. which is fair enough really, in its own way, i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

and a cross wasnt always a christian symbol... same dif... you're judged once you're seen with it.

though, as i've mentioned before, for this particular mate, yes, it is a nazi symbol.

• Advertisement

here comes the atheist brigade :pac:

well the earliest were the ankh's, hell here's the link to learn something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross

Nazi's and christianity, two totally different things. imo can't be compared.
    getting off topic, back to karma ink!

edit2: "it's what icons mean to the individual, nothing else" think sums it up nicely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Also isn't the orientation of the swatizka reversed in the nazi version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Not exclusively, there are hundreds of variations,but the nazi use and direction can be found worldwide even in Ireland
    Ogham:
    Keltic_Priest_Stone_Slab_Monument_4th_Century_AD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NoSpin

anybody who wears/tatoos a swastika is an idiot. let's face it...those in the know, know the swastika was created long before evil gave it permanent meaning...same for the cross. fortunately the cross will always be considered a symbol of christianity (and usually good) and the swastika is forever inked as evil...thanks to the nazis. unfortunately this is way sad...because as a designer, i think the swastika is by far one of the coolest symbols ever designed. find another cool symbol or design your own. but if i see anyone with a swastika...i'll still think they're an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

dharmaWheel.jpg

Advertisement