Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image sorting software

Options
  • 01-01-2015 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,
    The hard drive in my laptop died last week, the guy who's repairing it reckons he's saved most of my photos.
    I've more photos save on memory cards, my phone and my wife's phone.
    If I load them back onto my laptop I'll probably have duplicates, is the any software that would go thru my images and save me having duplicates?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Glary Utilities includes a duplicate files finder module. You can set it to scan just for image files if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Are you looking for duplicate file names or duplicate images? In my experience with photos duplicate file names is no indication of the images content.

Disk space is cheap nowadays, just put the images from different sources into different folders and scan all the directories in Picassa as it's really good for this type of gallery view imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

It's more duplicate images I want to weed out rather that names

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I have been using this to fix my duplicates files for the last while.
    http://www.similarityapp.com/
    Works great, except it doesn't work on RAW files.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Get a couple of external Hard Disks. Load everything to both of them. Do not let a single disk crash endanger your images again. Then sort them out there, or just keep the duplicates ....just back them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Thanks all for the replies, I've some external hard drives coming it's something I've beening putting on the long finger for ages,

Advertisement