Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts photographic & video thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ricardo Pacca

Martin, feel free to use the all pics u want.. We have the same goal to show art of judo!

Congrats Nice Forum! :)

Ricardo Pacca

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dublinjudo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardoweckx/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

4678652683_33f3b76a1f.jpg

Can someone tell me what happened in this bout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

4678652683_33f3b76a1f.jpg

Can someone tell me what happened in this bout?

Can't remember tbh, but I can find out for you.

Julien had a stinking day, he came and fought after six weeks off the mat nursing a sprained ankle, and picked up a shoulder injury on the day.

Yuri (Brazilian and Paul Cummins J.C.), his opponent in this photo has superb Judo.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Yuri (Brazilian and Paul Cummins J.C.), his opponent in this photo has superb Judo.

Yup that dude has flipped me on my head with absolutely no effort a bunch of times!! Not that that would be overly hard...

These are awesome photos, nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I know Yuri from UCD training, he's top class.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Welcome Richardo (I'm one of the admins around these parts). Just wanted to compliment your photos! We have quite an active and high quality photography forum here too you might like!

Maki, I was actually coming here to suggest that this forum and the photography forum team up and have some fun! They often do excursions to photograph events or locations as a group. Personally, as a budding photographer I would love to come along and shoot a martial arts competition and I'm sure others would too.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Maki, I was actually coming here to suggest that this forum and the photography forum team up and have some fun! They often do excursions to photograph events or locations as a group. Personally, as a budding photographer I would love to come along and shoot a martial arts competition and I'm sure others would too.

DeV.

Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you on this.

I think its a great idea, but there's a few issue's I can see.

For example at the bigger Judo competitions there are usually official photographers covering the event, and selling their photos on the day so you'd have to get that one covered with (for example) the Irish Judo Association.

I'm not sure how other organisations operate in regards to photographers, but I'd imagine at the smaller show's you'd be very welcomed.

Maybe a separate thread in the forum where we could get a few heads together and see what kind of interest there is out there?.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd love to do it but if there are professionals involved or if the meet was constrictive, then I wouldnt shoot it.

a. Its not considered particularly polite and leads to tension with the pro's and constraints on the amateurs who are doing it pro bono in the end of the day.

b. I would prefer to work with people who are as grateful for the shots as I am for the opportunity, then its fun all round.

I would be careful of approaching the Photo forum directly actually because its a topic of some heat if Pros are involved and we dont want to poke that bear, at least, not officially, but in a personal capacity I'd love the opportunity.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Wild Geese Judo

untitled.jpg

And here's John and Tommy O'Hara on the mat.. There's 90yrs Judo experience between these two gentlemen!.

tt.jpg[/QUOTE]
    well said, makikomi, Tom Jones isn't the only inspirational 70 year old we know!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Thats just fantastic!!!! If thats not inspiration i dont no what is, good stuff..........

But a boards.ie Mod..

Paul Cowzer (cowzerp on the MMA forum) -V- Coady (SBGi).

Paul in the red shorts..

4826350593_c917ffcb02.jpg

Photo is by Tommy Lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

My attempt at an "artistic" highlight ;) From a tourney in belfast a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭beGood

Hi! The Helsinki Judo Camp just finished and here are some photos I took: Gallery

Enjoy!

GymKATA!...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭scuttery1

nickelstickseminaradd2.jpg
    Group shot
    nickelstickseminar039.jpg
    nickelstickseminar034.jpg
    Noel & Martin
    nickelstickadd1.jpg

Watch & worship :p

Cool, eh!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Cool, eh!.

That's a scary choke there, the dude looks dead. How fast it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

@ Makikomi

Cool vid! Cant say the same for the soundtrack though :pac:

That move 42 sec's in is awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Cool, eh!.
    Super Stuff!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aikikai Ireland

Here's the future of Judo in Ireland, and its bloody stunning!..

Fudoshin Judo Club summer training camp.

This well worth watching.. Some truely stunning Judo by the kids, flawless technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

This well worth watching.. Some truely stunning Judo by the kids, flawless technique.

Excellent video, I think what most trainers of Martial Arts should take from this is how much fun the kids are having while also learning

'Armbar!!..

tumblr_l0jlcnQfr01qb5aiao1_500.jpg

:D

Just an update on these kids..

The start back after the summer break on Oct 4th..

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1387494136407#!/photo.php?pid=186074&fbid=127910663926437&id=100001225128729

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Never been dominated so badly in my life!:D

This is well worth a watch, esp. from 7 minutes onwards..

Just a small explaination.. On the ground Judo kids are not allowed use chokes/strangles or joint locks.. Some lovely Judo from these young scrapers!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lil_stevie

HardTarget Fist man drill - not pretty to look at but its combatatives so there is no sport element just self defence.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HTSELFDEFENCE#p/u/1/JDgX93JQKvo

Advertisement