Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden - Shinedown 3Arena May 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Just as a matter of curiosity - for the seated tickets - if you get in with just your credit card how do you get directed to your seats? Surely it'll be a bit of a mess as plenty of people won't have seat details printed/saved on their phone etc.
    Or do they scan your card again on your way into the actual seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Just as a matter of curiosity - for the seated tickets - if you get in with just your credit card how do you get directed to your seats? Surely it'll be a bit of a mess as plenty of people won't have seat details printed/saved on their phone etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You don't go in with your credit card, you must take the print off of your tickets too, with the matching credit card used to buy the tickets in your arse pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 38,049 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/paperless.html

This could be a disaster

Once I'm in for shinedown I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

This could be a disaster

damn, it's gonna be a nightmare alright, i presumed you'd have to have a print off and the cc, which makes more sense

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    damn, it's gonna be a nightmare alright, i presumed you'd have to have a print off and the cc, which makes more sense

I always thought seated tickets would get a slip with there section/seat numbers after they scan the card

At least for u2 it was only the standing tickets that were paperless and all seated ticket holders got physical tickets delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Layne

This could be a disaster

Same as that. To be honest I am looking forward to Shinedown as much as Maiden.

Any idea of stage times?? Read an interview with Brent Smith saying they were delighted to be given an hour by Maiden which is pretty good for a support slot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For Kasabian last night we were told to bring the card,ID and the confirmation email of the ticket (which kinda defeats the purpose of paperless gig). I showed the guy at the door my print off and my card , then went in and got the card swiped and walked to the standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think the Great Unknown is an improvement from Tears. But Wrathchild for Hallowed??? That is disappointing. Considering the catalogue that they have produced, how could they choose Wrathchild. Wouldn’t mind if they took out something like Speed of Light, Iron Maiden. But Hallowed!! That being said, I never really got in to Killers. So maybe I am missing something, and it is a classic tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wouldn’t mind if they took out something like Speed of Light, Iron Maiden.

Iron Maiden has never being dropped like...ever

• Advertisement

Iron Maiden has never being dropped like...ever

Oh, I know. But it’s so predictable year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I can see The Great Unknown and Shadows Of The Valley switching if they do double dates at the same venue, possibly the same with Wratchchild for Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

*1* standing ticket available on Ticketmaster right now. Be quick!

(Seems to be literally just one as trying to select two tickets gives a message saying tickets matching the request couldn't be found!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Setlist isn't particularly exciting but it's predictable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Just seen a picture on Iron Maidens facebook page of the merch stand in Antwerp, T shirts are €35 they have a pretty good range of designs.

laros wrote: »
    Just seen a picture on Iron Maidens facebook page of the merch stand in Antwerp, T shirts are €35 they have a pretty good range of designs.

few cool ones there but think ill go for a programme and bottle opener key ring instead

got this shirt off amazon a few weeks ago for E30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ELUNBUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Iron Maiden - Paperless -FAQ's
    Sometimes the event organisers will ask us to use paperless tickets, to make sure as many genuine fans as possible get the chance to book.

How does it work?
    When you book for a show, the card you use to pay will then act as your tickets to get you in on the night. It's all very clever – your card details are just transferred securely onto the scanning system at the venue, so on the night they just swipe your card, check it against your ID to make sure you are who you say you are, then you're in. No paper tickets through the post and no going to the box office to pick your tickets up.
    One thing to remember – your whole group will need to arrive together. As the cardholder, you're the important one! Your guests will need to arrive with you to get in.
    Virtual credit cards won't work as there's nothing to scan on the night – you'll need to use a physical card that you can take along with you.

Can I authorise someone else to use my tickets?
    You can't – paperless tickets are designed to stop tickets from being passed on or resold, so this would make it too easy for resellers to get round the system. Please only buy tickets if you’re sure you're definitely going to the event. If your circumstances can change quite quickly, maybe you should leave it up to someone else in the group to book the tickets.

What if I go to the entrance with my kids and swipe my card – can they go in without me?
    This isn't allowed – you, as the cardholder, actually have to go into the venue, watch the show and have a good time. If your kids ask you to book tickets for them and it's a paperless event, they'll have to make the booking on their own card if they want to go without you being there.
    Don't forget, we accept debit cards as well as credit cards, so under 18s can still make a booking.

Can I transfer my order onto another card?
    We can only ever transfer onto another card if the one you booked with has expired. It would still have to be in your name and address, so we can't transfer onto someone else's card.

What do I need to take with me on the night?
    Confirmation of booking.
    The credit/debit card used to buy the tickets.
    State issued photo ID – that's a driving license or passport.

Will I get any paper tickets before the show?
    No, sorry! If it's a paperless event, just bring yourself, your card, photo ID and your reference number.

What if my friends won't be there until later?
    The whole group does need to go in together. If your friends are late and you go in without them, they won't get in.

What if my card is expired or it's been lost?
    We'll always try and contact everyone whose card is due to expire before the day of the event so that you can add your new card details to the booking. You can then get into the event with your new card.
    We might not always be able to contact you though – and we won't know you've lost your card until you tell us – so please remember to get in touch once you've got your new card.

Would a Student card or age card be acceptable ID. Dont want to carry around my passport ???

this system :mad::mad::mad::mad:

It’s a tough one alright. Whilst action to counter touting is always welcome, this is just too restrictive.
    Take a common scenario - you’re the “ticket” buyer – because you’ve been waiting to see Maiden for years. Your 3 friends say they’ll go too (casual fans). You want to get to the gig early-ish – say 7 bell. You want to see support. Guys are having beers in town. Said they would be there at 7, but not a chance now. You can’t go in. Not the end of the world. You wait on outside venue for another hour. Buddies ring to say that they’re just leaving. Won’t be there until nearly 9. You’ll be at the back of the crowd. Really plssed off. But what do you do. Do you go in and leave the 3 of them high and dry. Whilst that delay is controllable, things will happen where people are late for reasons outside of human control – traffic, puncture,

On the other hand is that simple example a justifiable by-product of reducing touting. Personally right now I wish the restrictions weren’t in place, cause I don’t have a ticket.

P.S. I need a ticket, if anyone has buddies who can’t go.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Same here, I need a ticket (standing/ seated .. I don't care as long as I get in!) and happy to tag along if one of the good people on Boards has a spare one :)

• Advertisement

im going too start queing about 6pm

There will obv be a few people going who will have a bit too much to drink before hand (even sober people too) and will forget something (card, ID etc) and cause uproar. I just hope the door staff/security are on there game

The excuse of 'ah i didnt knw i needed this and that', 'I didnt knw the gig was paperless','my friend is stuck in traffic can i go in and come back out to let them in' etc should not be accepted

seating could be a disaster too as people wont bring/lose there ticket section/seat number

have a feeling ID will not be asked for and the Cards will just be scanned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

have a feeling ID will not be asked for and the Cards will just be scanned

This is what happened for the Maiden England tour in 2013 in The O2 in London. Just swiped the card and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Suff wrote: »
    Same here, I need a ticket (standing/ seated .. I don't care as long as I get in!) and happy to tag along if one of the good people on Boards has a spare one :)

Just got standing ticket for friend on Ticketmaster there now.

Fantastic! I just checked but none are left, ... anyhow, one of the good people on Boards has a spare ticket so I guess I'll see you all there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Suff wrote: »
    Fantastic! I just checked but none are left, ... anyhow, one of the good people on Boards has a spare ticket so I guess I'll see you all there :D

Keep checking as they are popping up alright. Last time U2 played 3arena got ticket the week of the gig also.

will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I have to sell my 4 tickets for this gig. Clashing with a wedding and I didn't cop til late on.
    Anyone looking? They are all standing tickets
    I'll give you my credit card temporarily and print off of ticketmaster email.

'To gain entry into the venue you must bring a printed copy of your confirmation email, your credit card used to purchase the ticket(s).'

Is photo ID not needed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You need photo id as well according to what Ticketmaster told me on the phone today, the person who bought the tickets also has to go through the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Full text from their email below and no mention at all of ID:

Dear Customer,

We're sure your looking forward to Iron Maiden at 3 Arena on the 6th of May! We have some important information below regarding regarding this event.

Please read this email carefully...

This event is a paperless event, You will not receive any tickets via email or post.

To gain entry into the venue you must bring a printed copy of your confirmation email, your credit card used to purchase the ticket(s).

Your entrance into the 3 Arena on the night is

Your card used to purchase the ticket(s) VISA is ending in .

You must bring this card with you in order to gain entry on the night.

The full party must be present when the credit card is scanned as the credit card will only be swiped once.

Advertisement