Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maumturks Challenge 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What I heard (from someone who did it) was 50 drop outs, and 28 no shows, so assuming they reached their 200 limit on registrations then that makes 122 finishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭DeepSleeper

179 started, 118 finished at Finish 3 according to the organisers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Hi All,

I found this on tinterweb - a nice momento of the day that was ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vAEvHoXtQ

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paddyman38

i tried to register for the maamturks challenge, but its 200 places were full 2 months in advance. so i did the maamturks challenge myself on the day, i would of much prefered to be registered doing it. I see that about 20 people who had registered didnt turn up. i am assuming most of these didnt turn up because the weather was bad in the morning, but lets be honest you expect and are prepared for bad weather in this challenge, it is not easy but thats why we do it. I was on a reserve list if people pulled out and i know there was a number of people who where ahead of me on the reserve list who would loved to have done it. i dont think people should register if a bit of wind and rain is going to stop them,sure that adds to the challenge. anyway i did it and loved it, and last year i did it and was register, look forward to doing it next year hopefully registered.

Advertisement