Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭endainoz

F**k 'em. I love EP. Enjoyed an hour watching people climb under a table last year so the music is a bonus on top of that :p

Damn right,

I'm still on the fence for this year though so would like to be convinced by someone interesting today, just one or two must see acts, not being greedy like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Is everybody ready for the usual meh brigade?

Immediately followed by the Whaaa-mbulance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭endainoz

Immediately followed by the Whaaa-mbulance

And somehow through all that it'll still manage to sell out despite the insufferable whingeing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Love radiohead they've created some cracking tunes! but jeez they're not the most exciting live act. They played in the RDS about 97' it pissed rain and just depressed the F.U.C.K out of everyone!!! It was like Tommy Tiernans character in father ted! Up there with one of the worst gigs!
    Massive attack supported on that day and were brilliant! Wouldn't mind seeing them added, to make up for the storm year!!! although they don't appear to be touring. Boo!! :(

That 1997 show was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Is there an announcement on 2fm or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

FM104 asking the people of Dublin who they would like to see announced. "Pitbull coz hes bleedin deadly" and "Ed Sheeran as hes just a top lad seemed mad sound on the toy show".......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Robert7jjj wrote: »
    FM104 asking the people of Dublin who they would like to see announced. "Pitbull coz hes bleedin deadly" and "Ed Sheeran as hes just a top lad seemed mad sound on the toy show".......
    a search on twitter earlier threw up similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Makes me crave a good Jazz tent:rolleyes::p, would be AMAZING (maybe instead of Casa Bacardi :eek:)

was just thinking that myself... maybe not a tent, but definitely a few afternoon jazz acts.... *waits for someone to point out there is jazz at EP*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

B_QE5lbWkAIo4hB.jpg
    ham sandwich playing at the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

could the decemberists come back to repeat their recent remarkable gig at vicar st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What time can we expect an announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Florence and the machine, Underworld and manic street preachers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

B_QGJOtW8AAIM3K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Some good acts announced

Florence and the Machine, Underworld, Manic Street Preachers, Hot Chip, Belle and Sebastian, the War on Drugs, Future Islands, Jurassic 5, Chvrches, Ride, Jon Hopkins, Battles, My Morning Jacket, Jessie Ware, Django Django

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fooking nice! This offical?

Well happy with this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are they the three headliners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Awwwwww ****, gonna need to look into a babysitter (and a loan!:D ) Savage announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fantastic linup. Cant wait to see Hot Chip again. Felt weird not seeing them at a festival last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Not feeling that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Low, future islands and war on drugs, good start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm happy

Looking forward to you tubing what I've never heard of before.

Snarky Snark Snark

fuuuucking yes! love me some msp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Not bad.. Stick Florence and the M!!

But Underworld, hot chip J5 and manics.. Have some of that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Yesss, it's looking more likely that churches will be at ep. fingers crossed.

Bands I really want to see this summer
    Hot chip
    chvrches
    django django
    tame impala

I said this a couple of days ago, I'm happy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm very happy with that and the thought of more to come. I've never seen The Manics, so excited for that. I saw Florence in dreadful weather at Oxegen so look forward to a better experience. My kids love Florence and Hot Chip so they'll be happy.

Low, Future Islands, Ride….yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Don't really understand why Roisin Murphy is getting such a high billing... But I'll take Future Islands, Battles, Ride, FATM and Tame Impala from the new batch with a smile! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Are manics the third headliner or is there more to come?

Snarky Snark Snark

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Are manics the third headliner or is there more to come?

Don't think they're a headliner, they would be perfect in the mogwai slot from last year headlining sunday night in the Electric Arena

Have seen them on their last two trips to the Olympia, live they can do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Yeah i don't get Florence at all..... it's just shouting isn't it? And she butchered You Got the Love so can never be forgiven.

Manics, Ride, Underworld are all my vintage (41 by picnic time) and i'll do my best to clue myself in on all the other new acts i've never heard of between now an then

It needs a couple more quality hitters in there but there's time

Advertisement