Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

The bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Meow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nolars wrote: »
    Meow

lol Nolars ya getting on ya big puss puss? :P

• Advertisement

MISKY DAFUQ?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

a minor patch out today to fix some freezes

https://twitter.com/garrynewman

So, is base still up? Or we got raided again lads?

Just finished helping gf move in with me so going to relax and play some rust. Relax, HA!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just finished watching a couple of Jackfrags Rust videos, i'm kind of interested in this now. Is it really that good?

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Just finished watching a couple of Jackfrags Rust videos, i'm kind of interested in this now. Is it really that good?

When in a full server and an active group there's really nothing quite like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Except for the hackers. Was playing with a couple of m8s yesterday had got ourselves nicely set up... walk out the door... 2 of us get instakilled with a P250, the guy is a good 30-50 meters away and we both have full kev. Came back and our house was emptied of anything worth a damn (No doors touched etc).

Another time, we were fighting 2 fellas. Managed to kill one, chased his mate and everyone on the server got instakilled by the same guy.

They really need to make the cheating issue a top priority at this stage i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Magill wrote: »
    Except for the hackers. Was playing with a couple of m8s yesterday had got ourselves nicely set up... walk out the door... 2 of us get instakilled with a P250, the guy is a good 30-50 meters away and we both have full kev. Came back and our house was emptied of anything worth a damn (No doors touched etc).

Another time, we were fighting 2 fellas. Managed to kill one, chased his mate and everyone on the server got instakilled by the same guy.

They really need to make the cheating issue a top priority at this stage i think.

Lol looks like you need to try find a better server. The one we're one has some hackers yes but nothing extreme like that, and our base hasn't been glitched into at all.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lol looks like you need to try find a better server. The one we're one has some hackers yes but nothing extreme like that, and our base hasn't been glitched into at all.

Yeah, Church cleaned up a good few hackers again today. Looks like day time there are never hackers on, but night time - oh boy!

By the way Misky, /remove is turned off for now. You are ****ed lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ktulu123 wrote: »

Think of DayZ Epoch with better base building, but a tiny map very few weapons and no vehicles. It's still fun, and provides the same rush DayZ gives in combat but I'm not sure it's worth getting yet. Maybe once they sort out the hackers and add more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

The /remove command has been disabled on that server? I suppose it stop people putting up four walls and no doors.

Ala misty

Ala misty

Think of DayZ Epoch with better base building, but a tiny map very few weapons and no vehicles. It's still fun, and provides the same rush DayZ gives in combat but I'm not sure it's worth getting yet. Maybe once they sort out the hackers and add more content.

I am thinking completely the other way around.

Even with stuff in it now, I find it a lot more entertaining and with a lot more activities and fun.
    I got DayZ and clocked in 35h. I got rust for 3 weeks and got 135h already.

I was always waiting for updates for DayZ so there would be something new content wise and just a bit more in general. In rust I dont even care about updates as the amount of content in it so far just blows my mind.

One thing for sure, to have the most fun in Rust, you have to have at least one more friend to play together and teamspeak.

Hackers are the main problem with game. It does depends on servers and how active admins are. I would not put it as unplayable though.

I am thinking completely the other way around.

Even with stuff in it now, I find it a lot more entertaining and with a lot more activities and fun.
    I got DayZ and clocked in 35h. I got rust for 3 weeks and got 135h already.

I was always waiting for updates for DayZ so there would be something new content wise and just a bit more in general. In rust I dont even care about updates as the amount of content in it so far just blows my mind.

One thing for sure, to have the most fun in Rust, you have to have at least one more friend to play together and teamspeak.

Hackers are the main problem with game. It does depends on servers and how active admins are. I would not put it as unplayable though.

DayZ Epoch is a mod of the mod, not the standalone game I presume you're talking about? Epoch was basically rust with lots more weapons, vehicles, and a much large map. The base building wasn't as impressive but it was still really good for arma. http://www.snowhawkclan.org/forum/index.php?attachments/slide-jpg.1240/
    Actually after looking up some examples there, Epoch probably had even better base building than Rust - though that'll change for sure once Rust adds more building materials, different walls etc.

I feel both DayZ and Rust are heavily lacking in content at the moment, and fair enough they're both alpha so they have a good enough excuse. But I got bored of both of them fairly fast, probably more so with Rust due to the hackers and servers being wiped regularly, there just isn't enough stability there to know that you won't lose your gear for some bull**** reason.

Definitely agree that both are more fun in a group.

• Advertisement

Content wise I have no problem in rust at all. It's a ton of content as is. Problem is people still got used to get hand fed and ask wiped in games. In rust you do your own entertainment and you choose your style of gaming.
    I did not got bored rust one bit, even if after so many hours I can wake up in,the morning just with my rock in hands.

DayZ is still good game, but it is a lot more dependant on content then rust is.

Content wise I have no problem in rust at all. It's a ton of content as is. Problem is people still got used to get hand fed and ask wiped in games. In rust you do your own entertainment and you choose your style of gaming.
    I did not got bored rust one bit, even if after so many hours I can wake up in,the morning just with my rock in hands.

DayZ is still good game, but it is a lot more dependant on content then rust is.

We'll agree to disagree then, as I still feel DayZ allows you to play in more styles than Rust and has more content to give you the ability to create entertainment for yourself.

My biggest issue with DayZ is that there's nothing to do after you get fully equip with a M4,armor ect..

At least with Rust once you've your base built you still have to keep it safe. Being able to upgrade your base and continue raiding others is what keeps me coming back.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    My biggest issue with DayZ is that there's nothing to do after you get fully equip with a M4,armor ect..

At least with Rust once you've your base built you still have to keep it safe. Being able to upgrade your base and continue raiding others is what keeps me coming back.

100% correct. I was in situations where I had full camo, m4, supplies to last me 3 winters. :pac:
    Then you dont know what to do or where to go. You got already best gear so no point is scavenging for more stuff. So you just look the way to die.

So I got off early tonight. I realised one thing just now. It's,the first time I turn on TV since I got Rust 3 weeks ago.

Have a good night lads. I'll see ya tomorrow. No Late nights up until 7:00 for me for the next 3 days! :)

In fairness rust has vet little content. You get to the end game very quickly, especially in a group ,but the end game is very good in that even with the best gear You can easily die which always keeps you on your toes. When you die you don't get penalised as much as in dayz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pheta

Hey guys, long time no see -i'm one of the admins of www.rustyfied.eu! Thought I might let you know that we moved to a new host (Nitrous server) and got cheatpunch and loads of great mods now, and just wiped the server yesterday! all infos on www.rustyfied.eu again.
    hope you join again! net.connect 148.251.3.49:28195

Stuff mysteriously disappeared from a very well defended/untouched room in our big base on that rustyfied server so I wont be back although this current server is just nuts with a massive population and only two in my group.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pheta

well cheatpunch is now active so this shouldnt happen anymorel. there are currently 3 groups on our server so another one would quite fit in...

• Advertisement

Have you guys c4 on that server? Im doing a serious red animal cull here but no joy? Where are ye based?

Advertisement