Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Right lads, fixed the problem by reinstalling MiUi then using a different Recovery flasher. Thanks for all the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Looking for a bit of advice. My sister is looking to replace her iPhone 4s and is looking for a cheapish android phone. I've given her a few options - the Honor 6, Moto G 5 inch and the Asus Zenphone 5. Anyway now I'm thinking Umi Zero would be better than any of the above. Has anyone on her actually got one and if so from where. Did it come with any Chinese apps installed? Thanks. Was also thinking about a Blu phone vivo air which is just a rebadged Gionee Elife S5.1 cheapest place to get it seems to be Amazon.com (shipped and sold by amazon) and luckily I know someone going to the US in the next couple of weeks. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

digitaldr wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice. My sister is looking to replace her iPhone 4s and is looking for a cheapish android phone. I've given her a few options - the Honor 6, Moto G 5 inch and the Asus Zenphone 5. Anyway now I'm thinking Umi Zero would be better than any of the above. Has anyone on her actually got one and if so from where. Did it come with any Chinese apps installed? Thanks. Was also thinking about a Blu phone vivo air which is just a rebadged Gionee Elife S5.1 cheapest place to get it seems to be Amazon.com (shipped and sold by amazon) and luckily I know someone going to the US in the next couple of weeks. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Zenfone 5 and Umi Zero are a big step up from the iphone 4s size wise, even compared to most 5" phones they are a good bit bigger due to bezels.

Honor 3c 4g, Redmi 2, Xiaomi mi4, Iuni u2 are some other options. Can't go wrong with the Honor 6 either. Blu vivo air is optimized for American market so will be missing the 900mhz 3G band which might cause some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ZTE Blade S6 on sale on Aliexpress $250 on 10th Feb if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ZTE Blade S6 on sale on Aliexpress $250 on 10th Feb if anyone is interested

price is high for the specs it offers. Why make a phone like that then put in a 2400mah battery? The Jauyi S3 is a much more attractive looking phone if you ask me. Just waiting on official release price.

• Advertisement

Yeah the battery is a bit of a kick alright, just saw it on gizchina about the battery.

I wish the xShot would come down more in price!

The Jiayu seems to be about $190

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I've decided to let my Xiaomi Mi3 64gb back into the wild, now that I have the Zopo ZP999 - http://www.adverts.ie/7339074

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Ordered one phone from them. Three weeks delivery, no customs, phone exactly as expected and matched the lowest price for it.
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    What are these phones like? Surely the price is too good to be true as the features are very good in my eyes Anyway.anyone own one?

Ya I'd be very interested to hear what they are like also. First time looking at this thread as I need a new phone. You'd feel overwhelmed with the amount of phones available so it would be great to know one that is reliable and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I like Jiayu, I may treat myself for my bday in April, though I love this Elephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

I like Jiayu, I may treat myself for my bday in April, though I love this Elephone.

Just bought my P6000 aswell on pre-sale will ship on the 10th with DHL so should have it in 2 weeks ill leave some feedback as soon as i get my hands on it thanks for all the help on here

Jay

• Advertisement

Just bought my P6000 aswell on pre-sale will ship on the 10th with DHL so should have it in 2 weeks ill leave some feedback as soon as i get my hands on it thanks for all the help on here

Jay

Funnily enough first day today without the severe battery drain, hopefully it stays like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Funnily enough first day today without the severe battery drain, hopefully it stays like that.

Is your 4G working ok (and your GPS still good ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just to ask again, anyone any idea roughly how long it takes customs to send a letter looking for a receipt/invoice?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is your 4G working ok (and your GPS still good ?)

Yes and yes 4G is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Just to ask again, anyone any idea roughly how long it takes customs to send a letter looking for a receipt/invoice?

I got mine the next day but I would allow 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Jay

Please do Jay, I would be keen on getting one of them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Usually, the Packages arrive in to customs early morning(in my experience) customs send a letter that day, it arrives the next, theres an email address on the letter for you to respond with your documents, if you can do that as soon as the letter arrives you'll receive an email back with the amount owed, the parcel then arrives 2 days later.

I have one its a great phone for the price, apparently my battery issue is a problem with the Etotalk rom so avoid that if possible, screen likes the finger prints though, no lag on apps all smooth, call quality is great, wifi range is good 4G/3G is good and works here, looks and feels smaller than a 5 inch phone too oh and GPS is good.:)

No prob its ordered now, but "Iseedeadpixels" has giving it a decent review in this thread (Thanks god for that haha)

Will post back soon as!

Jay

I have one its a great phone for the price, apparently my battery issue is a problem with the Etotalk rom so avoid that if possible, screen likes the finger prints though, no lag on apps all smooth, call quality is great, wifi range is good 4G/3G is good and works here, looks and feels smaller than a 5 inch phone too oh and GPS is good.:)

Excellent delighted to hear something good about this phone, really looking forward to getting this now, i ordered it from deals machine so it wont have the etotalk rom installed

• Advertisement

Excellent delighted to hear something good about this phone, really looking forward to getting this now, i ordered it from deals machine so it wont have the etotalk rom installed

They mailed me a firmware update but I cant be arsed so Ill wait for the OTA lollipop update.

Gotta say I was never really impressed with my Honor 6 that much, updated it to EMUI 3 last night and I've fallen in love with it now, really good update and would recommend the phone again for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Usually, the Packages arrive in to customs early morning(in my experience) customs send a letter that day, it arrives the next, theres an email address on the letter for you to respond with your documents, if you can do that as soon as the letter arrives you'll receive an email back with the amount owed, the parcel then arrives 2 days later.

Thanks for the reply, 29th so maybe tomorrow or so for the letter? What documents do i need? Will a paypal receipt suffice?

Thanks for the reply, 29th so maybe tomorrow or so for the letter? What documents do i need? Will a paypal receipt suffice?

I'd imagine so?, I used CC and just sent them the email receipt I'd received from
    Gearbest.

The rev then sent me this on Jan 19:

Total Value of Goods - €79.11

Customs Duty - € 0.00
    VAT @ 23% - € 18.19
    An Post Fee - € 7.00
    Total for Collection - € 25.19

Expected Delivery Date -Wednesday 21st January 2015

Regards
    C xxxxxxxx
    Customs Officer, Dublin Mail Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone know where I can get glass for the neo 003 screen?

Have tried a few places but they're requesting the exact dimensions and thickness etc so even these might suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Posted this in the Android tv box thread but relevant here:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-ireland/
    Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free.

If this says mobile phones are duty free,why are Customs charging us duty & the stupid €7 handling fee?

zerks wrote: »
    Posted this in the Android tv box thread but relevant here:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-ireland/

If this says mobile phones are duty free,why are Customs charging us duty & the stupid €7 handling fee?

They're not, they're charging VAT, not duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They're not, they're charging VAT, not duty.

Yeah,Eamonq corrected me in the other thread,ah well.

I know its not a phone but does anyone here have a Cube 9X U65GT?

• Advertisement

Got an OTA update to fix bugs, wonder what it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement