Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread - MOD WARNING IN FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Banshee. ;)

Hahahaha! Banshee! I always thought it was ban a side. Forgive me I'm a Kiwi! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I left this place a couple of hours ago when it was all fluffy Alpacas and Gerbils.
    I come back to this? Is this the Alpacalypse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

galljga1 wrote: »
    I left this place a couple of hours ago when it was all fluffy Alpacas and Gerbils.
    I come back to this? Is this the Alpacalypse?

Is this alpaca thing some meme I'm missing? I don't really use Facebook or anything so I tend to miss them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Aparrantly Big Bird is male!

Piggy can get off with the lead singer in animal's band so!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

tillyjane wrote: »
    Was big bird a girl?!

Big Bird was a man named Caroll.

Make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Please tell me that boards is shutting down this thread tomorrow from 12 noon in the media blackout before the vote itself.

The stupidity that is being exhibited by some is getting worse and worse the closer we get to the vote. I despair that some of these people actual have a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

gandalf wrote: »
    Please tell me that boards is shutting down this thread tomorrow from 12 noon in the media blackout before the vote itself.

I'm OK with it being closed earlier . . . frankly some of the contributions would make baby Jesus cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Your ideas are disgusting. Everything you say is nonsense. Your ideas belong to the dustbin of history. Your concept of humour is a flat gay joke, it would've been a hit with the dimwits of a secondary school years ago. And tonight when I suck my educated successful partners cock and he reciprocates on my educated successful self I won't be thinking of you alone at your keyboard seeking attention from the friends you never had.

I'm a Yes voter and straight. I don't think we needed to resort to this kind of post either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Vivisectus wrote: »
    I think for the sake of balance, a yes voter should act like a cretinous bigot.

Maybe Kermit IS a YES voter, and he just took one for the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

Big bird/ Carroll is transgender and marrying Oscar the Grouch who is breaking the camp gay stereotype, Piggy and her female band singer lover will play at their wedding and afterwards they're going to adopt Elmo. Yay <3

• Advertisement

I'm a Yes voter and straight. I don't think we needed to resort to this kind of post either.

In fairness did you read it in context of what preceeded it?

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    In fairness did you read it in context of what preceeded it?

Yes and we still didn't need it.
    As i said before, the Yes side don't need to resort to this. They have right on their side and should stick to simple arguments like - Do you think it's right that two people of the same gender who love each other are denied the right to marry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

We don't and I never would except in the face of poster that told me it was more natural to be homophobic than homosexual. Kermits posts were not legitimate arguments there dangerous bullying abuse. I won't apologise for standing up to them. My inner gay child would never forgive me if I did.l

We don't and I never would except in the face of poster that told me it was more natural to be homophobic than homosexual. Kermits posts were not legitimate arguments there dangerous bullying abuse. I won't apologise for standing up to them. My inner gay child would never forgive me if I did.l

Maybe but we don't need to hear the details of your bedtime activities.

As i said before, the Yes side don't need to resort to this. They have right on their side and should stick to simple arguments like - Do you think it's right that two people of the same gender who love each other are denied the right to marry?

I agree with why you're saying but in theory I think it's easier said than done, especially being straight, even a Yes voter straight person (I am too) but I imagine it is easy to snap and say something the way jobsbridge did after years months of abuse thats certainly upped the ante in a couple of days. Also being gay I can imagine there is a feeling of anxiety in these days leading up to it making it easier to lash out at cretins such a Kermit also.

If that wasn't extreme provocation I don't know what would qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Folks, I know it's asking a lot, but can we please get back to the topic at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

surrogacy?

Well they sound more exciting than mine anyway with OH at work! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It follows therefore that children are not naturally gay either. In fact it is FAR more plausible to say they would have a natural instinct to be homophobic then to be "born" gay.

And this is why it's a load of nonsense to be talking about "changing attitudes" - not going to happen.

And that, my friends, is what bull looks like.
    Just in case you need to reference it in any capacity later on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Dimithy wrote: »
    surrogacy?

I think bestiality is due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think bestiality is due soon.

Nah, Kermit's just been threadbanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

posted before seeing mod warning

In the face of blatant, repeated, vicious homophobia I felt that the only reasonable and best method to respond was a bold statement of my sexuality without the shame the op was casting on me and thousands of others.

I would never have posted such a response if Kermit had not implied that gay children deserved to be bullied, that the abuse that lead to countless thousands of gay suicides that continue to this very day and unfortunately into the future was justified and natural.

You have said you are straight. I implore you to imagine you were gay and could still hear the abuse for your sexuality from your classmates, your friends, your relatives, your community leaders. I implore you to hear of a friend lost to suicide because they just couldn't hack it anymore, I implore you to hear of gay people flung from roofs. Kermit argued that this hatred this more natural than the love I feel for my partner.

Some abuse one simply cannot take.

posted before seeing mod warning

In the face of blatant, repeated, vicious homophobia I felt that the only reasonable and best method to respond was a bold statement of my sexuality without the shame the op was casting on me and thousands of others.

I would never have posted such a response if Kermit had not implied that gay children deserved to be bullied, that the abuse that lead to countless thousands of gay suicides that continue to this very day and unfortunately into the future was justified and natural.

You have said you are straight. I implore you to imagine you were gay and could still hear the abuse for your sexuality from your classmates, your friends, your relatives, your community leaders. I implore you to hear of a friend lost to suicide because they just couldn't hack it anymore, I implore you to hear of gay people flung from roofs. Kermit argued that this hatred this more natural than the love I feel for my partner.

Some abuse one simply cannot take.

I understand how you feel.
    It's just the "information" in the post that I feel was needless and was only playing into his hands and giving him the reaction he wanted.
    Anyway it's done now so we will move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Anyone else notice these condescending anti-gay marriage adds on Youtube lately?

"for me this marriage bill is like coming out all over again". Why would it be? Was getting married for straight people like telling everyone you have a BF/GF all over again?

Anyone else notice these condescending anti-gay marriage adds on Youtube lately?

Yes! My son was watching cartoons on YouTube the other day while I made dinner and next I heard anti gay marriage nonsense from the next room, I nearly died and I have to say not once have a seen a yes ad on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Lately? For the past month or so.

I think the only 'Yes' vote advertisement I've seen was the one with Mrs. Brown; and only once or twice.

Tonight I've been getting a mix between the two gay guys who are voting 'No' and the irritating lady narrator advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Quote: jobbridge4life
    Your ideas are disgusting. Everything you say is nonsense. Your ideas belong to the dustbin of history. Your concept of humour is a flat gay joke, it would've been a hit with the dimwits of a secondary school years ago. And tonight when I suck my educated successful partners cock and he reciprocates on my educated successful self I won't be thinking of you alone at your keyboard seeking attention from the friends you never had.

Your in for a shock on the BJ front after marriage. :)

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm a Yes voter and straight. I liked the post and thought it was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Is anyone worried about this referendum not passing? I know it says 69% on this thread but boards demographic tend to be young tech males.

When you factor in the rural vote, the elderly vote, the catholic vote and yes voters apathy I'm genuinely worried this referendum might fail.

Thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement