Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So this now looks like FG for 1,2 & 3.

Then Ferris for 4th. Could come down to her surplus, if there is one, would her transfers go more to Brady or Donnelly, or maybe she'll be elected without reaching quote and just leave a straight fight for last seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

murpho999 wrote: »
    mmmm......your lack of grammatical skill makes me doubt your political knowledge.

How do you know that FG's legal team are advising him and advising him on what?

It was tweeted earlier on, so rumour basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

mmmm......your lack of grammatical skill makes me doubt your political knowledge.

How do you know that FG's legal team are advising him and advising him on what?
    You try work with an iPhone in bed in the dark
    I could do with a fag too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

d'Oracle wrote: »
    That is just a confused comment.
    I think you are criticising a party for not being left when you aren't really sure what the Left actually is.

Its actually pretty common in post Boom Ireland.
    Everyone got so caught up with having a few bob that everything left of George W Bush was practically branded communism.

Labour are a left party. Just because they are not militant marxists doesn't make the right wing. And the corporation tax is very fair to working people, there would be less jobs for the working people to work at if we didn't have a low corporation tax.

No, Labour is a David Begg party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

gcgirl wrote: »
    His got FG legal team advising him jees even the dogs on the street knew his a blueshirt

Ah right, so one incident an hour and a half ago and the dogs in the street knew his political allegiance was compromised?

How do you know what they were saying?
    Are you sure it was advice?
    It was on twitter so it has to be true?
    Did you see them talk to him?

Say we accept that they were advising him, maybe they were asked to as FG don't want SF in the Dail?
    No?

Basically on balance of the arguement, on my side, we have his policies.
    On your side we have a tweet pertaining to one incident and a HUGE jump to conclusions.

• Advertisement

mgmt wrote: »
    No, Labour is a David Begg party.

Oh good lord......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Galway West are continuing through the night. Disappointing if Wicklow finish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sorry absolute rubbish, Irish discoveries of weaknesses in E-voting has led to other countries reviewing their systems.
    off topic
    http://wijvertrouwenstemcomputersniet.nl/images/9/91/Es3b-en.pdf
    This paper details how we installed new software in Nedap ES3B voting
    computers. It details how anyone, when given brief access to the devices
    at any time before the election, can gain complete and virtually
    undetectable control over the election results. It also shows how radio
    emanations from an unmodified ES3B can be received at several meters
    distance and be used to tell who votes what.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭ergo

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Galway West are continuing through the night. Disappointing if Wicklow finish.

Returning officer for Wicklow said they'd keep going tonight until the bitter end

she might not have phrased it exactly that way....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

d'Oracle wrote: »
    That is just a confused comment.
    I think you are criticising a party for not being left when you aren't really sure what the Left actually is.

Its actually pretty common in post Boom Ireland.
    Everyone got so caught up with having a few bob that everything left of George W Bush was practically branded communism.

Labour are a left party. Just because they are not militant marxists doesn't make the right wing. And the corporation tax is very fair to working people, there would be less jobs for the working people to work at if we didn't have a low corporation tax.

I see your points - but too late at night to debate them. All the parties live in fear of the multinationals. If left wingers have the redistribution of wealth as a core value - then IMO they should actually see our corporation tax rate as too low, yes it does favour working people as it creates jobs, but it is not a "left wing policy" ideologically a low corporate tax rate comes from the right of centre politics. So if implemented or supported by a left wing party (ie Labour) then they are not a particularly left wing party ideologically. My issue with Shinners is their economic strategy is pure lunacy which is why I don't want to see them in the Dail. I do hope Donnelly pips the Shinner but the way transfers go you just never can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

gcgirl wrote: »
    You try work with an iPhone in bed in the dark
    I could do with a fag too

....my iphone lights up perfectly in the dark as it light's up!

Re advice: If Donnelly spoke to FG's legal team during the count I don't see how that makes him a FG loyalist, just probably a general discussion on the procedures regarding the count as all the candidates are in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Live count details at http://tinyurl.com/wicklowrecount

Staying here till the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Re advice: If Donnelly spoke to FG's legal team during the count I don't see how that makes him a FG loyalist, just probably a general discussion on the procedures regarding the count as all the candidates are in the same boat!

Indeed, no point looking very deep into that at all. At each count the candidates teams usually assist each other with the tallying and the like.

skearon wrote: »

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

I hear dick Roche is wondering around Greystones Harbour looking at the wonderful work of Developers in the Tiger years - mumbling to himself where did it all go wrong, would someone please send for a doctor and straight jacket to collect him.

Night folks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Indeed, no point looking very deep into that at all. At each count the candidates teams usually assist each other with the tallying and the like.

We shall see

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

skearon wrote: »

Thanks, it's really helpful.
    Now can you just stick an extra thousand or so on the end of Donnelly there? :D

Do you trust this tweet?
    WICKLOW - Donnelly camp declaring victory. I understand about 250 votes between him and Brady #wk #ge11
    less than a minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/NiallOCo

The tweeters at the centre are calling it for Donnelly.....:D
    I'm not sure how long I can listen to the drivel East coast FM are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Do you trust this tweet?

Just saw that, not sure.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

RTEwicklow: Donnelly camp looking very happy and very confident ahead of final results announcement. Brady's people much less so. #wk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Tallies have Donnelly (Ind) now ahead of Brady (SF) by 127, Doyle's (FG) surplus should then extend this lead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

i thought they werent distrubuting Doyles surplus or did i unerstand that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

whats the best site for current tallies etc ive been looking at the rte site but doesnt seem to be updating on wicklow and laois/offaly

whats the best site for current tallies etc ive been looking at the rte site but doesnt seem to be updating on wicklow and laois/offaly

Twitter
    http://twitter.com/search?q=%23ge11%20%23wk

Do you trust this tweet?

No.
    He has been talking **** all night.

i thought they werent distrubuting Doyles surplus or did i unerstand that wrong?

They didn't distribute them in the last count because they would not push the last candidate above the 2nd last. They'll save them for next count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

They didn't distribute them in the last count because they would not push the last candidate above the 2nd last. They'll save them for next count.

ah ok thanks

Advertisement