Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

€1250 and NCT to March. Not a taxi. Says it's taxed till 01/16, so its either for sale for a while or else a typo and its meant to say 01/17. If it's the latter then its a seriously cheap car. Cheap anyway at that price.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls-ls430-se-taxed-nct-03-17/13348927

ZjkxNTI2YmQxNzFiNWYyMDA2M2JjZjg3OTMwOTAwZDJ_u2n50aFO3Fu6U70Za5v5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY0MzEwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 oxnexon

The LS430 is a great motorway barge. They do tend to suffer from steering wheel adjustment motor failure and seat foam disintegration on higher mileage examples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭aerofoiled

chillin117 wrote: »
    Was looking for a cheap diesel, The Audi never entered my head, Thanks !

That black A2 is mine. They're ideal for long-distance commuting, which is what I bought it for. It's since been replaced by an even more economical two-wheeler so it's been lying idle for the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,204 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

aerofoiled wrote: »
    That black A2 is mine. They're ideal for long-distance commuting

Now you mention that, I remember that it has exceptionally good aerodynamics. If you take it real handy, you could do long distance runs averaging 100mpg

Very few (if any) other mainstream cars ever made can do that...

Red Kev wrote: »
    €1250 and NCT to March. Not a taxi. Says it's taxed till 01/16, so its either for sale for a while or else a typo and its meant to say 01/17

Taxed till the end of October (normal tax), NCT until the end of March

Some car for the money and in my book it's a good sign it is still taxed. Very unlikely it was off the road. And someone paying max tax is probably someone spending all the money it needs to keep their car in a good condition. No skimping...

• Advertisement

aerofoiled wrote: »
    That black A2 is mine. They're ideal for long-distance commuting, which is what I bought it for. It's since been replaced by an even more economical two-wheeler so it's been lying idle for the past few months.

As a matter of interest what's the fuel consumption like and on what kind of roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭aerofoiled

Red Kev wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what's the fuel consumption like and on what kind of roads?

It averages about 62-63mpg on N roads and motorway. I can get 420 miles from a tank (32L).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

unkel wrote: »
    Now you mention that, I remember that it has exceptionally good aerodynamics. If you take it real handy, you could do long distance runs averaging 100mpg

Very few (if any) other mainstream cars ever made can do that...

Just to rain on this parade slightly - the A2's capable of this economy were special models only available on the continent. They had a 1.2 litre engine, different gearing, improved aerodynamics, thinner glass, more aluminium components, skinnier wheels, etc etc. The 'regular' TDi A2's have great drag co-efficiency, but not 100mpg good.

Aye, I know about the CW 0.25 models, alastair. My point is that if you take it real handy with a 1.4TDI then you might get something like 100mpg without having to resort to hypermiling techniques or anything like it. Same as you could average something like 50mpg in a large fully loaded family 2l petrol car on a gentle long distance run when you take it equally handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why either ;);) I think they are a right ugly pig.

Without doubt the most reliable car I ever owned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A nice jagX winter bruiser for the months ahead.
    Awd, 2.5P, manual!, nct1/17, yours for €1050.

NGE4MDhhZjVlN2ExMTBmZjQ4NDA2MzBmZTk2OTI2ZTGKCcOqM9--G9UYDln3767naHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDAwNjQ1M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Yeah its a 407 ...short NCT , some tax but annual tax is a plus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-peugeot-407-1-6-hdi-280-tax/13506285

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

@Hal, S type is a nicer buy imo!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-taxed-and-nctd/13503972

YTRiYjQ0NjEyMWQ4OTc3ZGE3ZmRlZGQzNjllMWZjZGRHNYu6lGfwZXj0lYGmkK1uaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjUwMDQzMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Claimed 1 owner, Irish 3.0 automatic, tax 12/16 and NCT 4/17. If the "fully documented service history" is tangible, then this is a steal at €1950 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Dermot selling the Jag has 21 cars advertised that could qualify as bangernomics :D

Wouldn't put me off the Jag all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

But if the Jag doesn't do it for you...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e240-elegance-nct-and-taxed-april-17/13499842

YWM0MjRiNWNjYmM2NTQ2Y2YxNmFmOWQ3MTVhN2MwMTLQUr7lQ-t0XKn1Vh6axs_1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjQ3ODIyNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2003 E240 V6, 121k miles claimed, NCT'd till August 2017 and taxed (no, not PSV!) until 3/17 for €1950.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That jag is gorgeous! Love the interiors on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That E240 is a minter...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,136 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Joeface wrote: »
    Yeah its a 407 ...short NCT , some tax but annual tax is a plus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-peugeot-407-1-6-hdi-280-tax/13506285

Sold!

Not your ornery onager

W211 is amazing for the money. Buy it for €1,700, drive it for a bit over 6 months (to tax it would have set you back €718) in style & comfort and sell it for €1,200 with 4 months NCT left. Another free car. If my own family car failed today, I'd be buying that tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Esel wrote: »
    Sold!

That was quick , pretty sure it said 6hours is all it had been up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Esel wrote: »
    Sold!

We're getting into CO2 based tax territory... Until now the low prices were usually induced by high-ish motor-tax. This was more than sensible...

So it was an '08 1.6 diesel 407 then? €280 annual motor tax?

No surprise it sold immediately. For every €100 saved in tax, people here seem to want to spend up to €1000 extra on the car :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Tired looking interior on that Merc for 121k miles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

oxnexon wrote: »
    Tired looking interior on that Merc for 121k miles
    I beg to differ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

unkel wrote: »
    W211 is amazing for the money. Buy it for €1,700, drive it for a bit over 6 months (to tax it would have set you back €718) in style & comfort and sell it for €1,200 with 4 months NCT left. Another free car. If my own family car failed today, I'd be buying that tomorrow...

This.

I left my car in a garage this morning and before they even made a phone call I already checked this thread. Just in case. Plenty of 2k cars to make you feel better :)

Chillin117 really? You only have to look at the discolouration on the seats, steering and armrest. I have had the same car with cream interior, higher mileage and it looked much fresher inside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Chillin117 really? You only have to look at the discolouration on the seats, steering and armrest. I have had the same car with cream interior, higher mileage and it looked much fresher inside.
    Bit of leather cleaner and some leather wax, a spray of ''new car'' smell freshner and bob's your uncle. Millionaire for a day, You would start to believe you actually had money.

Volvo 850 T5. A sleeper in the true sense of the word (if it's the real 225bhp version). This is surely available with classic insurance? It's the Auto version, but some performance nonetheless, as well as no depreciation and possible appreciation in value.

€2200 and a newly done NCT up to March, so book it in again in December and see how you get on.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-850-t-5-estate-auto-new-nct-12-09-16/13336208

MGVjMzhhMWI0YjQ4Y2M0ZDg4YTBlOGE1YTZhM2EwNzdgLlmRD2LpPPWg691zTnQDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTYwMzI5M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

You're right, either the mileage has had a haircut, or some mank owned it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement