Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The main reason why we never really park on the upper level of The Showgrounds is. It always seems to take ages to get to M&S form there!

I think that M&S have double doors.

Would you not simply drive into the store and park there ?
    T'would cut out the need for all the walking:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Vizzy wrote: »
    I think that M&S have double doors.

Would you not simply drive into the store and park there ?
    T'would cut out the need for all the walking:rolleyes:

I generally don't mind walking to shops but I always find The Showgorunds seems ages away because how the center is designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭cml387

Here's a tip. If the trek through the centre to M&S is too arduous, turn left at the bottom of the escalator and cross the car park to enter from the front.

[QUOTE=lollsangel;105692517 There is p&c spaces upstairs. They are on the left hand side near the entrance?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are. Along with some disabled ones.

Rant alert:

Went for a walk along the riverside greenway outside Clonmel today. Great improvements have been made. However, there are signs saying dogs to be kept on their leads and cleaned up after. Also horses not allowed. Yet, numerous dogs toddle along off their leads. Not saying that they aren’t under control, but please consider those that are nervous of dogs.
    The pony club either ignore the signs or didn’t read them, as 5 horses and riders were out for a jaunt. The paths are narrow enough without having to give way to horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

the people with the dogs and ponies think they laws do not apply to them

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Rant alert:

Went for a walk along the riverside greenway outside Clonmel today. Great improvements have been made. However, there are signs saying dogs to be kept on their leads and cleaned up after. Also horses not allowed. Yet, numerous dogs toddle along off their leads. Not saying that they aren’t under control, but please consider those that are nervous of dogs.
    The pony club either ignore the signs or didn’t read them, as 5 horses and riders were out for a jaunt. The paths are narrow enough without having to give way to horses.

It's not a rant, it's a totally valid point and I completely agree. We walked it yesterday with our dog. She's always on a lead and we passed several dogs running free. Didn't see any horses or ponies but passed evidence that they had been there. I'm quite nervous of horses and as you said, the paths are so narrow, we've met groups of them before and it is very intimidating.

Also we went to Tramore today for a walk wuth our dog and we only lasted 20 mins. The amount of dogs running off leads was frightening, even dogs that should be muzzled as well. (Sorry..I'm gone off tangent there).

My husband says that members of a certain culture bring their horses down there as well during the summer and into the river. TBF they're probably not the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

the people with the dogs and ponies think they laws do not apply to them

they are much safer there than on the main road and in fairness they are always very courteous, plus the pony club are there a long time before all these walkers and cyclists, actually on that point the cyclists are more dangerous as they fly up and down that WALK WAY not cycle way, they should be made pay a toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I wouldn't mind sharing the path with the ponies.
    Dogs on lead is not a hard rule to follow, it's very disrespectful to others to ignore it alright.

I wouldn't mind sharing the path with the ponies.
    Dogs on lead is not a hard rule to follow, it's very disrespectful to others to ignore it alright.

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the ponies, even though the path can be a bit narrow. It's the ignoring of the rules that cheeses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with the ponies, even though the path can be a bit narrow. It's the ignoring of the rules that cheeses me off.

So you have no problem with the ponies but you moan about it because somebody put up a sign saying they shouldn't be there.
    Why can't people in this country live and let live. Everybody wants all amenities all to themselves. Pathetic.

So you have no problem with the ponies but you moan about it because somebody put up a sign saying they shouldn't be there.
    Why can't people in this country live and let live. Everybody wants all amenities all to themselves. Pathetic.

I’m sure it’s aimed at certain people washing their horses in the river. Rules are for all. Though in typical Irish fashion, it seems ok for some to pick and choose what laws they choose to obey.

I’m sure it’s aimed at certain people washing their horses in the river. Rules are for all. Though in typical Irish fashion, it seems ok for some to pick and choose what laws they choose to obey.

So your racist as well, lovely. There you go again, rules. Just enjoy the walk way and don't be looking for things to get upset about and leave everyone do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Rant alert:

" Yet, numerous dogs toddle along off their leads. Not saying that they aren’t under control,"

Araik dogs in a public place, by law are to be on a lead (ie under control)
    a dog or dogs not on a lead are NOT under control.

and I own two large dogs

dieselbug wrote: »
    Rant alert:

" Yet, numerous dogs toddle along off their leads. Not saying that they aren’t under control,"

Araik dogs in a public place, by law are to be on a lead (ie under control)
    a dog or dogs not on a lead are NOT under control.

and I own two large dogs[/QUOTE

Section 9 of the Control of Dogs Act 1986

No mention of leads (unless it is a greyhound, which is dealt with by Section 10 of the Act)

Control of dogs.
    9.—(1) The owner or any other person in charge of a dog shall not permit the dog to be in any place other than—

(a) the premises of the owner, or

(b) the premises of such other person in charge of the dog, or

(c) the premises of any other person, with the consent of that person,

unless such owner or such other person in charge of the dog accompanies it and keeps it under effectual control.

No mention of leads (unless it is a greyhound, which is dealt with by Section 10 of the Act)

Control of dogs.
    9.—(1) The owner or any other person in charge of a dog shall not permit the dog to be in any place other than—

unless such owner or such other person in charge of the dog accompanies it and keeps it under effectual control.
    [/QUOTE]

Ok, it's not very clear what determines "under control" then, but I don't see how any dog in a public place can be considered under control if it's not on a lead or restrained in some way.

dieselbug wrote: »

Control of dogs.

Ok, it's not very clear what determines "under control" then, but I don't see how any dog in a public place can be considered under control if it's not on a lead or restrained in some way.[/QUOTE]

Bit like children in that regard !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

On a lighter note I tried Manis last night. Lovely. Great food, great service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

pilly wrote: »

Second helpings then :)

• Advertisement

pilly wrote:

So good you tried it twice :-)

I would prefer to meet twenty dogs off leads but that's a whole other story :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

they are much safer there than on the main road and in fairness they are always very courteous, plus the pony club are there a long time before all these walkers and cyclists, actually on that point the cyclists are more dangerous as they fly up and down that WALK WAY not cycle way, they should be made pay a toll.
    That does not alte rthe fact that the dog and pony owner think the laws do not apply to them. same as the one who have the dogs crap on the street or walk alsatian without muzzle. And the law says under "effectual control" which means not alowed to interfere with others

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

would you rather children on ponies riding down the main road rather than the river bank, imagine the damage a horse would do on the main road if startled by a truck etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

snipey wrote: »

Poor cyclists - firstly there ostracised from the roads and now the same with GREENWAYS/BLUEWAYS.

It was built to be used by walkers, runners, cyclists and many others.
    I agree with you that cyclists shouldn't be speeding along that path especially as it is very narrow in places.

btw quite an appropriate username considering your post : )

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Screen_Shot_2018_01_11_at_14_23_42.png

Looks like local residents near the showgrounds have sorted out the problem of SG workers parking outside their houses all day ignoring the "Parking for residents only" signs

ESB putting up new lights...But I think it was a "tongue in cheek" post:D

ESB putting up new lights...But I think it was a "tongue in cheek" post:D

It should be permit or paid parking. And on one side of the street only.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Poor cyclists - firstly there ostracised from the roads and now the same with GREENWAYS/BLUEWAYS.

It was built to be used by walkers, runners, cyclists and many others.
    I agree with you that cyclists shouldn't be speeding along that path especially as it is very narrow in places.

btw quite an appropriate username considering your post : )

"poor cyclists" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Funnily enough, I was in the Showgrounds this morning (laughing at the eejits doing laps of the carpark waiting for a free space) and commented on how it was odd that the car park was full, but there were very few customers inside. Must have been staff parking there while the works are going on. Isn't the car park by the greyhound track free?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Advertisement