Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Anyone want to refer me as a friend? Im going to sign up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Do they open the parcels/boxes ? Only asking because I use a US shipping agency and the boxes are always opened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

recipio wrote: »
    Do they open the parcels/boxes ? Only asking because I use a US shipping agency and the boxes are always opened.

They only open if needed to confirm identity if the PMID is not displayed correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Davy wrote: »
    They only open if needed to confirm identity if the PMID is displayed correctly

Thanks - you mean if the PMID is displayed incorrectly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

recipio wrote: »
    Thanks - you mean if the PMID is displayed incorrectly?

Ye, that's what I meant to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

If you order something over 10kg do you need to pay 13.50? But it will be delivered to your door, i am right?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Glendalyn

Hi, i read somewhere if you link a card they will post junk mail to you and charge you for the stay? Anyone expirience this? Also that you can only top up by €10, if you dobt have a card linked. I have a package coming and I am nou sure what to do for payment. Can you link and unlink cards at will as you are expecting packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Hi guys, I am considering using parcelmotel, so send me a referral if it is worth doing so, for the Sky Roku box.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Glendalyn

Also they charge you a stay for your "free" item?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

sorry if this has been asked already but, if an item needs to be signed for can you still use Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

sorry if this has been asked already but, if an item needs to be signed for can you still use Parcel Motel?

You can use it yes, they sign for it. Been answered many times

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Davy wrote: »
    You can use it yes, they sign for it. Been answered many times
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I have seen it here countless times but how does it work?

If I am ordering something of Ebay or Amazon - do I put in the delivery address as a warehouse somewhere.

I want a printer of Ebay - it is an old one but a good one - printer is 30 but they are charging 30 for delivery also:eek: I was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative for the postage.

Heads Up!
    Just make sure the size of the printer fits into the locker.
    The website gives the dimensions of the locker.
    Make sure you are judging the dimensions of the box and not the printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Glendalyn wrote: »
    Hi, i read somewhere if you link a card they will post junk mail to you and charge you for the stay? Anyone expirience this? Also that you can only top up by €10, if you dobt have a card linked. I have a package coming and I am nou sure what to do for payment. Can you link and unlink cards at will as you are expecting packages?

Not in my experience. I have a card linked, which is handy, as I don't like the top-up option (reason I had a bill phone as soon as possible). Never had any abuse and I only get the stuff I order. Only problem I had was when I lost my wallet and cancelled card, they emailed me to say they could not deliver parcel because I had insufficient credit. Rang them, added new card and was delivered to PM a few hours later. Super service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Signing up for this now. Had heard of it before, but never really looked into it until this evening, but looks like a great service! Is there generally any problem adding a delivery address that's different from the billing address for first time purchases, or does it depend largely on the retailer's own policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Be very careful using parcel motel if the selling website is likely to split the order and deliver separately , Amazon routinely do this for example , it could end up costing you a LOT more than you thought , if buying multiple items in a single order I would not use Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Signed up for PM a couple of weeks ago. Got text and e-mail this morning to say a welcome package has been delivered to my local PM. But this is half an hour away and not that convenient for me to collect. I'm travelling in a couple of days and possibly won't be back for months, so what happens if I don't pick up the package? Will I be charged 3.50/day to store it after the initial 48 hours is up?

You can email them at customerservice@parcelmotel.com and tell them you don't want it, and apparently they'll remove it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

You can email them at customerservice@parcelmotel.com and tell them you don't want it, and apparently they'll remove it for you.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I e-mailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

didnt see this explained and am not sure.
    so say i order something from the uk and have it shipped to a parcel motel in the north.
    how does it get to me in dublin, do i go and get it or is it forwarded on to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    didnt see this explained and am not sure.
    so say i order something from the uk and have it shipped to a parcel motel in the north.
    how does it get to me in dublin, do i go and get it or is it forwarded on to me?

yes it is forwarded down to your local motel, which can be in any part of the country not just Dublin and you get a text when its there and have 48hrs to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Glendalyn wrote: »
    Hi, i read somewhere if you link a card they will post junk mail to you and charge you for the stay?

Have a card linked with them since they started, and no they don't do any of that nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, it's been a perfect, flawless service other than my nearest parcel motel is over 20 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Hey, quick one about Parcel Motel and oversized items.
    Found this TV on Amazon UK, it's 39", good deal, I like it. First of all: is it safe for the TV to go through all this handling? Second of all: I can order an oversized item, pay extra (I think 14e) but then what? Where do I collect it from? My local Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

When I ordered an oversized item they rang me and said if I paid extra they would deliver it to my front door, or you can pick it up at your nearest nightline depot.

I ordered a tv from amazon 2 years ago and it was delivered to my door by courier, I think delivery is included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

danjo-xx wrote: »
    yes it is forwarded down to your local motel, which can be in any part of the country not just Dublin and you get a text when its there and have 48hrs to collect it.
    thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Silly question I know but do Nightline still do deliveries to the collection points on a Saturday? I have a package that arrived in their depot this morning but I am hoping I wont have to wait until Monday for it to arrive. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SarahC91

Does anyone know what the welcome gift is? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭RodVelvet

I got slippers and a dressing gown like a stay in a motel. A really cheap motel, lol.

RodVelvet wrote: »
    I got slippers and a dressing gown like a stay in a motel. A really cheap motel, lol.

Yeah, and two Butlers chocolates. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

I feel like this has been answered already but just for a definitive answer...

So, say you use the Antrim address to avail of free UK delivery and your local PM collection point is in the Rep., are you charged at all for them to transfer the parcel to your local PM, but just the 'stay fee' of €3.50?

Also, would people who've already used the service recommend using it for expensive items? Thinking of buying the 5s from the UK Apple store since apparently it won't be on our shores until December. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement