Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Irish girl?

I thought that was an awful put-on Irish accent in Extraction but after some googling, I found out the actress is actually Irish. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Nope Ellie was only in DS2.

There was a different girl in Extraction but
    she dead!
    J. Marston wrote: »
    The Irish girl?

I thought that was an awful put-on Irish accent in Extraction but after some googling, I found out the actress is actually Irish. Weird.

Ooops, I got a bit mixed up, I was thinking of Dead Space: Ignition & the girl in that.

The girl in Extraction is Lexi aint it?
    and you will have to play Severed to learn her fate.

Either way, Ellie 1st appears in DS2, and will hopefully be in DS3.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Faith and begorrah! Ha ha, watching the review, it was hilarious to hear irish accents in a big-time video game. I know there's a few irish who worked in Visceral Games. I figured they were just looking for foreign-sounding (non-american) english speaking people. i reckon we'd view it very differently than the Yanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Irish girl?

This girl? Derry.

Thought her accent was a bit Welsh though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bramble1

i am playing dead space 2 now,i am almost
    at the end so bring on ds3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Some new info. Article has a "Major spoiler", but I don't think it's spoiling much, just a game mechanic/story element.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/03/isaac-clarke-youve-changed-in-dead-space-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Since the game is out at the start of February and the demo is out today 360 and PSN, I figured a thread resurrection is in order. Anybody looking forward to it? What do ye think of the micro transaction news EA has released, or is anybody surprised with EA at this point? I don't see much wrong with it, they'll probably disable it for the hardcore mode, otherwise the achievement/trophy is worth a lot less.

I love everything Dead Space, huge fan of the lore, so really can't wait for it. The Last of Us and DS3 are the two games I'm most looking forward to all year. Pre-ordered DS3 and DS:Liberation with Amazon this morning, February can't come quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Have barely looked at any of the DS3 news lately, all I know is, there is co-op, and an ME3 N7 Rig if you have a Mass Effect 3 save on the HDD.

Oh, and now that there are microtransactions too, a feature I would hope not to use and not support in any way.

Will be picking this up at launch hopefully. Sound up to the last, dark nights, will be class as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll play it at some point. Enjoyed the first 2.

Surprised the PC specs haven't been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Not looking forward to it myself. I loved the first two, but this looks like too much of a departure for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

not gonna touch the demo for this, almost passed completely on these games over the demos for the first 2..... ha, well ill probably download it, but will not let it effect my choice much or at all on buying or not.... ds2 is a great damn game, the pace of that game was damn near perfect, almost like uncharted 2.

... almost passed completely on these games over the demos for the first 2

Completely agree, the demos have been a very poor indication previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

muff03 wrote: »
    Since the game is out at the start of February and the demo is out today 360 and PSN, I figured a thread resurrection is in order. Anybody looking forward to it? What do ye think of the micro transaction news EA has released, or is anybody surprised with EA at this point? I don't see much wrong with it, they'll probably disable it for the hardcore mode, otherwise the achievement/trophy is worth a lot less.
    The resources needed to craft weapons can be found in a number of ways: you can pick them up yourself, send out scavenger bots to forage for them or, apparently, conveniently buy them from the in-game store.

Hmm, I'm guessing it'll be quite awkward to find these resources. I'll get the game, I loved Dead Space 1 & 2 and Extraction, but no chance that I'm buying DLC resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah loved one & two. Me and the brother are dying for the co-op on this.

Interesting, my demo is in black and white. No colour to speak of, kind of annoying in a snow and space environment :confused:

Other than that, found it to be good, weapon crafting will be a bit of craic, haven't played co-op yet, but won't touch that until I've finished the game once anyway, so not too concerned, although the differences being Carver will be worth seeing.

However,
    found the shooting of humans a bit strange, although the necs v humans bits were good, thinking who's the biggest threat to take out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just finished the demo and liked it alot , it's given me the kick I need to go back and finish Dead Space 1 before 3 comes out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

have you guys pre ordered it

yeah, amazon. Hopefully get it early, I got Liberation with it for some backstory to Carver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

muff03 wrote: »
    yeah, amazon. Hopefully get it early, I got Liberation with it for some backstory to Carver

Not a hope of getting it early with Amazon. They will ship it late Thursday night and you will likely get it on Monday. I been getting pre orders form them for years now and know how they work.

You would get it early if you order online with gamesnash or gamestop. They are always a day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Where did you get the demo from? saw a xbox360 demo but is there one for pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

From an article on Pc gamer, looks like its going to be a half arsed port. hope im wrong as I loved ds2 :(

http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/dead-space-3s-executive-producer-defends-pcs-straight-port

Thought the DS2 port wasn't getting positive feedback either

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I tried DS1 on PC and once I figured out that the PC version had been deliberately nerfed with that weird movement thing I gave up.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Dead Space games have always been straight ports on PC. They ran well in terms of performance, where easy on system requirements and where stable but offered nothing more graphically than higher resolution than the console version. Having said that the games still looked quite good. They where also locked at 30fps if you enabled V-Sync but I'm pretty sure that can get around this by forcing V-Sync through your graphics control panel.

Also the first game had poor mouse and keyboard support with V-Sync enabled. It worked but was very unresponsive due to the frame rate cap. Think switching off V-Sync improved that significantly. I used a pad, so wasn't an issue. I can't remember what I used in the second game.

I've heard that V-Sync also caused problems for some people in Dead Space 2, in that with it enabled Quick Time event prompts would not appear. Again switching off V-Sync solves this.

I never had any issues with it myself.

Here is a digital foundry comparison of the console versions and the PC version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dead-space-2-face-off

The other issue the PC versions have is that, virtually none of the DLC was made available for PC. A small amount of it was and for free (unlike the console versions) but the majority of it was never released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

glynf wrote: »
    From an article on Pc gamer, looks like its going to be a half arsed port. hope im wrong as I loved ds2 :(

http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/dead-space-3s-executive-producer-defends-pcs-straight-port
    It sounds like it'll get the exact same port treatment as Dead Space 2 to be honest.

At this stage in the console lifecycle there's no way a console-centric developer is going to go to great lengths to add the likes of DirectX 11 support to their own tech for a console-centric franchise.

...also, what Azza said. :)

yeah, DS2 on PC never got the Severed DLC. Story based DLC would be the only DLC I'd be interested in for any game

From what I read at least, the mouse and keyboard controls in Dead Space 2 where much improved over 1. So should be fine in that regards with Dead Space 3.

Anyway I've pre-ordered on PC. Anyone up for co-op?

Bit odd that the declared the reason they where not adding any additional additional graphically features for the PC was to keep the experience the same on all platforms, then they go and release "A better with Kinect" Xbox 360 trailer.

Not that I care about voice commands, but I got to wonder why none of that can be done with a regular old microphone on any format?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played the demo and really enjoyed it, the section with ducking into cover was akward but hard to cram a "cover" button in when so many buttons already. Also, very nice crafting engine, look forward to making some insane Frankenstein monster level weapons shooting flaming bolts of stasis death :D

As for the PC version (which I will probably get), as long as it doesnt perform worse than a console version I really dont mind. My computer is made up of 5 year old CPU parts and a 2 year old budget GPU so not really bothered by the highly advanced "armpit hair diffusion occulation" and "advanced mole render tesselation physics" that must be included for all PC games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Azza wrote: »
    Bit odd that the declared the reason they where not adding any additional additional graphically features for the PC was to keep the experience the same on all platforms, then they go and release "A better with Kinect" Xbox 360 trailer.
    Not really odd when you consider the difference in effort that would be required for each feature.

...and the fact that MS probably threw them a few quid for the Kinect integration. :)

Advertisement