Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French has died

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

The RIP ending is annoying because everyone is saying it. It's a given that she should rest in peace.

Shocking story and I hope it serves a lesson to young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ergonomics wrote: »

i wonder are we going to get a cause of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

Its up to make the best of our own life and carry on and learn from others
    rather than argue over unfortunate statements

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Heaven has another angel, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

RIP Katy, f*ck the be grudger’s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I'm going to lay a wreath outside Krystle-she truly was the people's lingerie model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Poor thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

it's on sky news running along the bottom as breaking news and on the sky website.

poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Another devastated family at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very sad...

RIP Katie.

Prayers and thoughts are with her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Thats terrible. So shocking to see someone die in the prime of their youth. Condolences go out to her family and friends. RIP

A waste of a life.

I feel for her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Agreed. It is of course very sad, but so are the other all-too-frequent deaths of young people. The death of that lad in Waterford was overshadowed by Katy being ill. He was just as precious to his family as Katy was to hers.
    Now I'm not saying the above to be insensitive, I just feel it's relevant. And those who are making nasty comments and justifying it by saying she's a celebrity, therefore she should be treated as differently to others in death as she was in life, are just being assholes. It is of course very sad for her poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Lets all remember her as she would have wanted, with her talent on show.

deadcokedmodelvi2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Terribly sad news. RIP Katy, condolences with your loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mullie06

R.I.P Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Dudess wrote: »
    Well yes, but her "celebrity" was created by Independent Newspapers rather than her having any discernible talents.

Which is irrelevant to the point I am making. I'm not gauging her level of celebrity or how she arrived at it, she simply was known in the public eye, which is why people will talk about her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Just because you may regard her celebrity status as undeserved doesnt change the fact that she was in the public eye, or the fact that she had just turned 24. If I hear of anyone dying that young it saddens me and my heart would go out to that person's family and friends, as has happened with Katy. Just because more people are likely to hear of Katy French's death does not make her family any less deserving of our condolences than the families of those who are not heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

She's 24, You can say whatever about how she died the life she led, her view, but she was 24, tis too early for anyone to die.

A few people I worked with died at 19 and 21 coming home from a festival a year ago, they had a families, friends, brothers and sisters. So does Katie.

Move on from being horrible and speculating, two parents have just lost there eldest daughter and a sister has lost her sister.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As much as i didnt have any interest in her chosen profession of work nor was she someone that i was particularly fond of in the public eye, its very sad to hear of her death (or anyone at that age for that matter)

I might have been one of the first to have a pop at her when she was alive about some of the things she did but for those of you still having a pop now, let it rest. She died at 24 ffs, no one is deserved of that regardless of what you thought of them while they were alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Everyone please don't let this thread descend into another bitchfest full of speculations like the last one. If you have a problem with someone's post report it and StarGal will deal with it when she logs on. Like I said I'm not a fan but the fact of the matter is people who knew her and people who loved her will more than likely see this thread so show some respect and leave the bitching and speculation out of it. Offer your condolensces or offer nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i had no time for her but jesus the way she must have felt having multiple heart attacks before she was induced into a coma she is a human being,lay off her
    everyone of us takes chances she gambled and lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 gofer

Just adding my condolences. R.I.P. Please respect her family at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

RIP, find it so strange the way within the space of two or three days she was in teh headlines for two polar opposites - birthday, then almost dead in hospital. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

My condolonces to her family.
    To the Hacker, Max Damage, and others who have posted negative comments, if her post mortem results conclude that death was not caused by drugs, can we expect you to apologise for your remarks then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

Ok I withdraw that comment, was said in the heat of the moment - I do have sympathy for her family - just like I have sympathy for any family who loses a son or daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

RIP. it's a shame.
    Thoughts with the family.

D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

RIP katy, deeply saddened by the news.

Was it defintely drug related??......read somewhere that she was in hospital recently with a liver complaint.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/tubridytonight/av_20071124.html?2313171,null,228

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

How will the world go on without her.

C'mon, that was funny though.

It's very sad to hear of someone dying so young, but in all honesty what good is outmourning each other on here going to do? Nobody knew her, she was barely a celebrity. I hadn't even seen a picture of her until yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement