Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grosvenor Lane F.C. fundraising donkament (attendance compulsory)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gholimoli wrote:
    centre mid if striker is taken but i think i would wop the ass of both current strikers.

Its an auction, beat 10euro and a CF spot is yours for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

i'll go left mid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Seeing as Anto is a midfield i'm quite happy playing mid if Joe wants to play right back that much, i'd be more a defensive minded midfield I would suppose (ie. no skill but no problem diving in there with dodgey tackles)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bohsman wrote:
    LB - PL 10euro
    :o I meant left back...as in you know...left behind... I haven't played in years. but if no one else fills it, I'll do it. badly. :)

shoutman wrote:
    Seeing as Anto is a midfield i'm quite happy playing mid if Joe wants to play right back that much, i'd be more a defensive minded midfield I would suppose (ie. no skill but no problem diving in there with dodgey tackles)

And the auction begins, 10euro spots available at centre half, competition for everything else.

Shane, like in any auction if you make a bid by accident it stands.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Shane, like in any auction if you make a bid by accident it stands.
    lol, fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

bohsman wrote:
    Its an auction, beat 10euro and a CF spot is yours for the moment.
    make it 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Gholimoli wrote:
    centre mid if striker is taken but i think i would wop the ass of both current strikers.

:eek: wop my ass? whatyoutalkingaboutWillis

bid 11.50. hmmm is this a worthy cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Defo up for both footy very much so.tornament i will literally donate the chips and retire to the santuary of the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

superb idea, i bid a tenner for a centre half spot. play or not, if you want an eleven a side astro turf (in ucd) to play on ill sort it out for either free or very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Is centre half midfield or defense? Also are we playing on playing some wacky 4-5-1 formation or are you lads just bidding on the same striking spot for sh*ts and giggles.

Finally anyword on a date for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I suppose Ill play centre half at least I wont be forced to run much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

I suppose Ill play centre half at least I wont be forced to run much.

you've clearly never tried to mark me!!! (doubt i'll be allowed play up front, apparantly im a cnetre back these days)

a couple of things:

1. sat 31st of march, 8pm reg, 8.30 cards dealt is confirmed.
    2. structure i discussed with sarah was a 2k starting stack (€40) and 2k for rebuys, rebuys are only €10 so this should allow for plenty of all in action! Any comments on this?
    3. all grosvenor lane players MUST wear their jersey while playing... its only fair!
    4. as for the footy match, can people start suggesting times. does weekend midday suit better, or midweek in the evening? 90mins (45+45) or (30+30+30) to give gholimoli a couple of chances to get his breath back?
    5. we have a pitch, pitch number 7 in bushy park in terenure, lovely pitch!
    6. for a date i was thinking monday april 30th, maybe 6.30 pm kickoff. (we will have to check with the park if the pitch is free as this is usually when midweek fixtures start piling up.) the alternative would be to wait til end of may start of june when there's no irish open, no GJP festival, no student exams, no footy season to cater around. or.... BOTH, the first match, then THE REMATCH!!
    7. we will need someone to do a book for the match, i want a tenner shoutman to be sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i havent payed to get on a team since primary school. i dont want to be the first to knock someone off the team sheet so i will wait!

will try to make it to the jackpot tho.

shoutman wrote:
    Is centre half midfield or defense? Also are we playing on playing some wacky 4-5-1 formation or are you lads just bidding on the same striking spot for sh*ts and giggles.

Finally anyword on a date for this?

Centre half is DC, KP is in the running for a CF spot thats why the lads are bidding, I believe KP is working on an improved offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

the sooner we play the game the better, in fairness its only 3 hours max outa everyones busy schedules (exams etc) and could be a nice break/good bita craic. three thirty mins could be good, just for the purpose of those of us who arent able to breath cohesively - ps im a competitive cu$t so cant wait to beat yee - fundraiser or not!!

i suppose if the majority of wannabe footy players are at the fundraiser we can agree on a day and time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

bohsman wrote:
    Centre half is DC, KP is in the running for a CF spot thats why the lads are bidding, I believe KP is working on an improved offer.

yeah, I'm hoping to borrow a few quid off Ollieboy after he wins the Cardiff GUKPT so I can up the ante in the bidding for the centre-forward spot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm pretty certain I'm the best footballer that posts on the poker forum, but with all the positions taken I'll just have to do my best Roy Keane impression on the touchline.

I'm definitely up for the football, and may be up for the poker depending on moving some other things around next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Grosvenor Lane eh...

Im in your league, star striker for the mighty Conwell Rovers :)

http://www.ucfl.ie/tablesDiv3A.asp

Think we whipped your asses at the start of the season, i missed the game against you!!

Looking forward to the next one!!

• Advertisement

roryc wrote:
    Grosvenor Lane eh...

Im in your league, star striker for the mighty Conwell Rovers :)

http://www.ucfl.ie/tablesDiv3A.asp

Think we whipped your asses at the start of the season, i missed the game against you!!

Looking forward to the next one!!

whipped our asses!?!? pfft.. whatever, i'd hardly call 9-2 whipping our asses... :o we've terenure tomorrow, who u up against?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    whipped our asses!?!? pfft.. whatever, i'd hardly call 9-2 whipping our asses... :o we've terenure tomorrow, who u up against?

I would. That result was achieved before the mighty Lloyd returned from America to keep goal. Just so you know.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I would. That result was achieved before the mighty Lloyd returned from America to keep goal. Just so you know.

we win as a team and we lose as a team... you are as much a part of that result as the next man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ditpoker wrote:
    we win as a team and we lose as a team... you are as much a part of that result as the next man!
    Flying V anyone??

Quack.... Quack... Quack...

bump!!

everyone tell everyone to play this!!
    1. its a noble cause
    2. its boards poker banter poker!
    3. its €10 rebuy for the same stack as your starting stack!!!
    4. see number 3.

Poker Gamble Fest: €40 Buy-In, €10 Re-buy. Sat 31st March, Jackpot
    pfffft. :mad:

Bump (hope aint against new rules to bump stuf!?!?)

Any chance of getn this going soon jeff, some sat morn or mid week even, longer days now!

pick a day, and as people drop out due to committments itl be easier to fill the teams

saturday june 2nd!? i'll get onto the council to make sure our pitch is free for saturday june 2nd at about 2 or 3pm. dont think it clashes with any big poker event and the season is over and exams are over. so that could work.

i also think our end of year bash will be that night so it makes sense to have a match in the afternoon!

• Advertisement

sounds good to me

Advertisement