Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Ireland launched. 1 month free trial

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Lads

Anyone know of any other crowd that do this??
    Signed up for my free trail tonight and it works well but the choice of things to watch is very limited.
    Any recomendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Finally got around to using Unblock to get the American version of netflix,the selection is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Check out icefilms.. It works on xbmc, which is free media center software.. Icefilms is free and has a huge catalogue.. Most content is hd.. Only started using it recently but I'm very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Yamen11 wrote: »
    Folks
    I cannot seem to register on the netflix site(https://signup.netflix.com/global) or am i on wrong site ...just says "Not available in your country ...yet" ...appreciate any advise...suggestions...:)

Go to http://www.ip-address.org/lookup/ip-locator.php and check that your IP address is located in Ireland. If its not coming up as IRL ring your ISP, if it is coming up as located in Ireland ring Netflix on 1800 94 86 15 and give them the above error.

I've had to call them 3 times and its still not resolved even though they've admitted the problem is on their side. I am just of the phone to them apparently it will be fixed within 10 minutes......

I'll let you know.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Hi
    any further luck trying to register with netflix?? I am on Digi web BB and it too must be regsitering a VPN ?? as in other country . Any idea how you can change this to Irl VPN?

Finally i am in... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What ISP?

Vodafone instructions here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67061786

Cheers, but I'm in Sweden and it's a Telia router for voip, iptv & BB so I don't fancy mucking it up.:o

I use expat shield so I can access iPlayer and 4OD in the UK. I signed up for the free trial earlier but I appear to be on the US netflix site rather than the UK as it was priced in dollars?

Worked fine for the first show I looked at but now everything I try to watch loads to 7% and then gives me an error message that this show is not available to stream now please pick another.

Anyone run into the same problem?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sorted on my WD TV Live streaming box - BBC Iplayer and US NEtflix.

(Using US Unblock - thanks to the OP on this one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

collegeme wrote: »
    Can anyone help me to configure my cisco router.

When i try to basic set up DNS i need to select DynDNS.org ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=378

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 serrades

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I will be pissed off if this does not make it to the 6000 series.

That makes 2 of us. And no, ditching my new TV to get a 7000/8000 is not an option. Neither do I want yet another gadget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, but then you're talking about further fees for UnblockUS.

Tbh,with Netflix fee and UnblockUS fee, it comes to about €10 a month. Imo, it's worth it, especially over the €7 a month for just the Irish selection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

banchang wrote: »
    Did that but get 'ethernet - not connected'

When you changed from DCHP to Static, what exactly did you change, & from what to what ?

I understand even if fields are to be left the same, you need to overwrite them with the same (eg no. of characters 24)

Did you only change DNS & leave everything else the same ? I've tried many combinations but with same negative result.

I'm directly connected by ethernet to Revue

Anyone get Netflix / us-unblock to work to work with the Revue ?

Can you pls share how you did it - what did you change, field by field pls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Looks good on my PS3... it's pretty quick even streaming HD and there is an ok launch collection. Hopefully the selection will be upgraded in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone know if you can get this working with a WDTV Live player?

Would you mind letting me know how you got it working on your PS3. Can't find it in the Playstation shop even searching for it manually.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭podge3

Check out icefilms.. It works on xbmc, which is free media center software.. Icefilms is free and has a huge catalogue.. Most content is hd.. Only started using it recently but I'm very impressed
    Its also illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Does anyone have a link to US-unblock?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭podge3

dixiefly wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to US-unblock?
    Thanks.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=US-unblock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Would you mind letting me know how you got it working on your PS3. Can't find it in the Playstation shop even searching for it manually.

TIA

Have you got a TV section? It should be automatically there. No need to go into the PSN store at all. Just scroll left on the main home screen and see if it is there.

If you don't have a TV section or you do but it doesn't have Netflix, either install Playstation Home if you haven't already or go into it and update it if you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbh,with Netflix fee and UnblockUS fee, it comes to about €10 a month. Imo, it's worth it, especially over the €7 a month for just the Irish selection

Plus you also get access to BBC Iplayer and ITV Player. Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

TIA

Download Muzu from the Playstation store, that will add a TV section to your PS3 and Netflix should automatically appear under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Is it just PS3, XBox and certain media players that Netflix Ireland will work on or will BluRay players, such as the Samsung Smart Hub work? I already have several multimedia players so I don't want to have to buy another just to get Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

http://unblock-us.com/

A google would have sorted you there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

banchang wrote: »
    Anyone get Netflix / us-unblock to work to work with the Revue ?

Can you pls share how you did it - what did you change, field by field pls ?

Follow the steps described here:

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291585

The values for the IP address, gateway and Network prefix length are already (in grey) in their respective boxes but you have to re-type them. Obviously you need to be careful you do not make a mistake here as I did about 3 times! When you type in the new DNS servers, the "Save" button will become active and you click it.

Open the Chrome browser on the Revue and type in "http://check.unblock-us.com/" into the address bar. You will then be asked for your email address and on the next page you will get a message saying that "Your trial is active". Any error message here means you have made a mistake changing the network settings.

Re-open the Netflix app and you should be in Netflix-US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

podge3 wrote: »
    Its also illegal.

using US Netflix in IE also is (at least against their Terms of Service)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phig

phig wrote: »
    I've been trying to sign up through my xbox, but when I do its saying it's unable to quoting code:R2001-0-499. Then when I go to netflix.com on the computer, the homepage is saying that netflix is not available in your country......yet!! This happening to anybody else??
    Phig

.......I am having same issue....did you get anywhere with sorting out not being able to register as "not Available in this country " ...possible due to where your BB is coming from . ?

Afraid not. I called UPC on Monday night. They said they would work to resolve whatever the problem might be. I hadn't heard anything midweek and emailed them to see what was going on. No reply. 3 more emails. No reply. Fantastic. Have you been able to resolve it??? I was really looking forward to having Netflix as had it when I lived in the US.

podge3 wrote: »

Thanks for that!

gpf101 wrote: »

A google would have sorted you there!

Thanks for that.

I know that I could have done my own search but I wanted to find out what others used. I have got hit a few times with dodgy sites a few times when searching for torrent sites etc.

I have been using netflix for the past week now. But i am now suffering with stopages. Watching a movie and had to reboot 5 times. It stops says loading and never loads. :mad: Have to give up now .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I have been using netflix for the past week now. But i am now suffering with stopages. Watching a movie and had to reboot 5 times. It stops says loading and never loads. :mad: Have to give up now .
    No issues here Dre..

.. you got decent broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Just set this up now and using the us account on my iPad no bother but my apple tv is telling me Netflix is currently unavailable please try later , Ive changed the dns settings as required but still wont play
    my apple tv is on 4.1.1 and jail broken , do I need to update it and can I update keeping my jailbreak ?

Anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lovephones wrote: »
    Just set this up now and using the us account on my iPad no bother but my apple tv is telling me Netflix is currently unavailable please try later , Ive changed the dns settings as required but still wont play
    my apple tv is on 4.1.1 and jail broken , do I need to update it and can I update keeping my jailbreak ?

Anyone ??

I've had the same issues for the last few days and just given up, although others are having no issues with ATV2.
    I'm using my PS3 instead without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Plus you also get access to BBC Iplayer and ITV Player. Bargain.

When I load up the BBC I player it brings me to a screen where it asks for my e-mail address and just seems to freeze, I can't even exit using th PS button and have to manually shut down, also, the itv player asks me for a postcode, but none of the uk ones I've entered seem to work - any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement