Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

The price is irrelevant when we're talking about RF/Comp -> RGB!
    Edit: I say RGB because the RGB is a pound more than composite and well worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The price is irrelevant when we're talking about RF/Comp -> RGB!
    Edit: I say RGB because the RGB is a pound more than composite and well worth it.

Unless you have a modded NTSC console or a very obscure model of the French Secam PAL N64 then RGB doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Aww that sucks. I just ordered one >_>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will work on a gamecube or, with a very easy mod, a snes. Both consoles look glorious in RGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Seriously, just get the consolegoods cable. You might save a few euro on a AV composite cable but that few euro could have gotten you a huge increase in graphical fidelity on every N64 game you will play. AV composite, particularly on the N64 looks terrible. It will be the best thing you will buy for your N64.

Also the only place that makes PAL N64 s-video cables is consolegoods so you will have to buy it there, but as I said, if you are going to stick with a PAL console it will be the best purchase you will make.

Fair enough so I'll bit the one from consolegoods.

It's actually £9.90 sterling the N64 specific one he has on the site but if it's worth it I'll get it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Fair enough so I'll bit the one from consolegoods.

It's actually £9.90 sterling the N64 specific one he has on the site but if it's worth it I'll get it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Sure let us know if it works on PAL N64s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sure let us know if it works on PAL N64s.

It will, don't you have the same cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,606 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally got the final piece of my ikea supergun project, a vogatek supergun with AES ports.

Cannot wait to set it up. If all goes according to plan, I'll have my Raiden 2 PCB displaying on a table top this weekend :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    It will, don't you have the same cable?

I have a s-video cable. Any RGB cable I've used gave sound but no picture. I'm just wondering if rob has found a way to mod RGB cables for PAL N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,606 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pins 7, 15, 19 and 20 on an RGB scart cable carry S-video, so it's probably possible to mod it.

No point really though when you can just buy an S video cable cheap instead.

• Advertisement

I have a s-video cable. Any RGB cable I've used gave sound but no picture. I'm just wondering if rob has found a way to mod RGB cables for PAL N64.

I think the OP was talking about the svideo cable though? I also don't think its possible to just mod the cable itself to obtain rgb, unless rob has some kind of circuit board & amp built into the cable itself which is unlikely...

Got a few things this week but nothing retro. Got Code of Princess and Adventure Time on 3DS. Also got Sonic Racing Transformed and Yakuza Dead Souls, they were so cheap it was a sin not to pick them up.

Still on the look out for a second cheap vita memory card. The ones from Hong Kong are tempting me and are about half the price as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Got this off Adverts today, finally, now I'm content......... for a couple of days...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woohoo!
    Parcel Motel just sent a delicious notification to me, looks like my €20 Under Defeat HD is incoming!
    I can't wait!

Yeah it's in the old shopping centre. Didn't spot any of the adapters but I'll let yous know if I come across them.

Was just in dealz in Blanchardstown retail park (the one with the Argos and heatons etc) across from the main shopping centre. They have lots of the 2xPS2 to USB adapters on sale. They're at the front of the shop, right hand side near the checkouts. €1.49 each.

I picked one up, cos for that price you'd be mad not to. Thats a great shop for little computer related doodads, card readers, usb cables etc. They charge a fraction of the price you'd pay across the road in PC World and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think I finally have a 3DO! And it's practically being delivered to me, will my local pub. So I can have a few before I play road rash and hopefully the band play some Neil Young to top it off.

It's only a FZ-10 though, I sorry cidey. I think it looks cooler though.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's only a FZ-10 though, I sorry cidey. I think it looks cooler though.

Than an FZ-1? You mad bro? :D

Than an FZ-1? You mad bro? :D

Sure why not bitch.

Also got Fire Emblem sacred stones on gba boxed without manual or inner holder for €21 posted. Okay condition. I'm in the process of returning it as I wasn't aware it was missing stuff. However, is that an all right price and should I keep it?
    That's not only directed at you Enternow but anyone who has an opinion on it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sure why not bitch.

Thats normally a word reserved for FZ-10 owners man :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MackDaddi wrote: »

Was just in dealz in Blanchardstown retail park (the one with the Argos and heatons etc) across from the main shopping centre. They have lots of the 2xPS2 to USB adapters on sale. They're at the front of the shop, right hand side near the checkouts. €1.49 each.

I picked one up, cos for that price you'd be mad not to. Thats a great shop for little computer related doodads, card readers, usb cables etc. They charge a fraction of the price you'd pay across the road in PC World and the likes.

If you're ever in there again, could you pick me up one of those ps2-USB adapters and I'll sort you out! Likewise if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for anything in my local dealz. Enternow: still only had the poker GBA game last I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

True dat. The fz-1 looks the business. Plus if you put the Panasonic version under a n64 you can fool people into thinking you really have an n64 DD. Much like DD breast implants actually....

If you're ever in there again, could you pick me up one of those ps2-USB adapters and I'll sort you out!

Yeah no worries, I'll grab one for ya today. I'm often out Dundrum/Ballinteer way, the folks are from that area, am probably going to be round there at some point over the weekend. PM me your number and I'll drop you a text over the weekend once i know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

off topic get, finally got my Claymore box set from Play !
    734333_10200264937927604_1073424588_n.jpg
    ^ clickable to see the OP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's similar to Neo Geo CD owners, but at least they are great waiters, as in peeps who wait for shiz to load!

Haters going to hate.

Seriously though it was €50 quid with a few games, including road rash, and is being delivered to my current abode. Not to get it would have been the bigger crime.
    It's my first gaming related purchase of the new year as well.

I'd rather that then the broken one I got landed with. Anyone have experience of getting shafted on adverts and what the procedures are? The guy that sold me the 3DO is ignoring my messages.

I'd rather that then the broken one I got landed with. Anyone have experience of getting shafted on adverts and what the procedures are? The guy that sold me the 3DO is ignoring my messages.

Afraid I haven't but that seller is who I got my neo geo off and came across as genuine fellow. Do you have his number or is it adverts pm?

Is it fixable though as you got it for a great price. Maybe try and sell it on eBay to get your money back that way.

If it was the CD drive I could replace that like I did with the CDi but it's a video problem, it just does not output any video which is a much bigger and more complicated problem. I'll give him a bit longer to get back to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

2cr5c1t.jpg

Sweet Platinum, easing the pain. Kudos to Sega for releasing such a niche title at budget price - 24.99 is a day one price I'm happy to support.

• Advertisement

Where, pray tell?
    Was it in a bricks and mortar store??
    Must pick up one of the dead cheap copies of Madworld as well, to act as prelude!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement