Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Free Hat

This isn't 1990, a gaming PC comparable in price would have better performance and take as long to set up as the console takes to OOBE. Consoles just fit different niches.

Really? You could build something with similar performance for the same price. That, I did not think was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd partly agree with that, except the two times that I have asked questions I've received replies taking the píss.
    Example one, I asked if anybody knew about whether hey would be bringing in the ability to rip cds onto the Xbox One, someone replied "lol what's a cd" and got 20 likes. That left a bad taste in my mouth for a while but I went back and after a while and I enjoyed reading the thread so the other day I asked about the rumour of Ryse coming out on games with gold on the Games with Gold thread, I had to ask twice because the first time I got a load of answers with " ;) ". Now I plan on staying on this thread for the foreseeable future but it's very off-putting when it's a struggle to get an answer.

What has that got to do with your earlier statement about people going quiet?

Ripping CDs wouldn't be top priority, apart from CDs being almost dead tech now MS can't be seen to facilitate illegal copying.

People have been predicting ryse as the free game for about 6 months, hence all the winks. Can't imagine it was meant to be taken personally.

Free Hat wrote: »
    Really? You could build something with similar performance for the same price. That, I did not think was possible.

Better performance for the same price. PC costs are very low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Its not that they've gone quiet, it's just that we know there's no point in arguing or debating with someone whose mind is made up, or only intent on p1ssing on the console. It'd be like going over to the cycling forum and telling them all they're morons for not buying motorcycles. I'll be the first to admit the xb1 has plenty of areas it can be improved upon,but I've also had some of the best gaming moments I can remember on it too.
    Also, I personally think this is one of the friendliest xbox forums around, plenty folk going out of their way to help others.

Better performance for the same price. PC costs are very low.

It would still require a level of knowledge to assemble such a rig though surely?

It's pretty simple to buy an xbox and plug it in to your tv.

• Advertisement

It would still require a level of knowledge to assemble such a rig though surely?

It's pretty simple to buy an xbox and plug it in to your tv.

Nah, if it isn't already assembled when you get it then it would take maybe 10 minutes to put it together. They are pretty much plug and play these days and you can't go wrong. No more complicated then putting the xbox HDMI into the right port.

Nah, if it isn't already assembled when you get it then it would take maybe 10 minutes to put it together. They are pretty much plug and play these days and you can't go wrong. No more complicated then putting the xbox HDMI into the right port.

Something to consider in the future so. But for now, I'm happy enough with the Xbox one. It was worth the money for The Masterchief Collection alone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Folks, you are free to criticise the console as much as you like, but as far as referring to others as fanboys and accusing the regulars of hiding or whatever, that kind of stuff won't be tolerated, all it does is get people's back up and ruin what chance there is of a proper discussion. Basically, be nice. :)

*Lowers Gun*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd partly agree with that, except the two times that I have asked questions I've received replies taking the píss.
    Example one, I asked if anybody knew about whether hey would be bringing in the ability to rip cds onto the Xbox One, someone replied "lol what's a cd" and got 20 likes. That left a bad taste in my mouth for a while but I went back and after a while and I enjoyed reading the thread so the other day I asked about the rumour of Ryse coming out on games with gold on the Games with Gold thread, I had to ask twice because the first time I got a load of answers with " ;) ". Now I plan on staying on this thread for the foreseeable future but it's very off-putting when it's a struggle to get an answer.

Sorry to hear that Gh0st, it's unfortunate that you asked a question that is outside of most users experience these days, followed by a question that dumped you into the middle of a forum in-joke.

Most of the time, a question asked here will get you a good answer.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Gh0st, it's unfortunate that you asked a question that is outside of most users experience these days, followed by a question that dumped you into the middle of a forum in-joke.

Most of the time, a question asked here will get you a good answer.

I'm not trying to start something but why make an "apology" that's so insincere. I'd be more than happy to take this to PM'S :)

I'm not trying to start something but why make an "apology" that's so insincere. I'd be more than happy to take this to PM'S :)

Jebus but you are sensitive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't think that was an apology. If, for example, I'm sorry to hear that Silent Hills was cancelled I'm not actually apologising for it being cancelled, it's an expression of the unfortunate nature of the event.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When folks realised you were being serious the gave you a genuine answer and explained why they thought you were joking, you even acknowledged this at the time yourself. Why is this even an issue? :confused:

Don't think that was an apology. If, for example, I'm sorry to hear that Silent Hills was cancelled I'm not actually apologising for it being cancelled, it's an expression of the unfortunate nature of the event.

Yeah I realise that, didn't know what way to put it. Probably should have said his concern seemed insincere. I don't want to wreck this thread by going off topic, Is Murdered Soul Suspect as bad as it seems?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When folks realised you were being serious the gave you a genuine answer and explained why they thought you were joking, you even acknowledged this at the time yourself. Why is this even an issue? :confused:

I realise everything was cleared up but at the time it was annoying.

Yeah I realise that, didn't know what way to put it. Probably should have said his concern seemed insincere. I don't want to wreck this thread by going off topic, Is Murdered Soul Suspect as bad as it seems?

I have a feeling it might be a little upsetting for you.:pac:

I have a feeling it might be a little upsetting for you.:pac:

Wtf is this supposed to mean!?! Can I not even ask a question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

World of Tanks looking great on XB1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Some people in this thread are gone very sour all of a sudden. No1 is forcing anyone to buy or keep your xbox ones , if ye don't like it then sell it on. I don't see what the big deal is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE: All right, that's enough sniping and trolling. If you've got a smart comment to make about someone on this forum, don't. Mickeroo has already given out a warning, I didn't think we'd be back here.

CatInABox

Is Murdered Soul Suspect as bad as it seems?

Haven't played it yet, but Soul Suspect is a game on my radar, but I'll wait until the price drops a fair bit before getting it.

Any game that doesn't rely on the usual running and gunning standards gets my attention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

It has a pong of Games with Gold on it. I'd be interested to play it too but I'm happy to clear some of my backlog first before taking the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't played it yet, but Soul Suspect is a game on my radar, but I'll wait until the price drops a fair bit before getting it.

Any game that doesn't rely on the usual running and gunning standards gets my attention though.

I liked it. I got it with a heap of CEX credit I had, completed it in 2 days and managed to recoup most of the cost trading it back in. If I had paid more I would have been disappointed though.

If it can be got on the cheap now, it's worth a play! Some cool elements to it, but clunky gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Same. Soul Suspect and that Sherlock Holmes games i've been meaning to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    World of Tanks looking great on XB1!

That looks great. I could never really get into it on the 360 haven't a clue why though. Any interest in a boards platoon when it comes out for the one??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

dbit wrote: »
    It's just p1ss poor everyone knows it , just cant accept it.

I'm happy as larry with my XB1 to be honest. I gameshare and so have 40 odd games to keep me entertained.

Also seeing as I've no TV port in my room when you throw in the fact that I can easily stream films for free via my phone and Showbox / VideoMix then I'm a very happy bunny :)

Apps are decent as well. Personally I couldn't care less about 60 fps and 1080p because I can't notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps with the naked eye and I very much doubt anyone here can either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can't notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps with the naked eye and I very much doubt anyone here can either.

I agree with you apart from the 30fps vs 60fps. It's very noticable. Much smoother on 60fps. 1080p vs 900p however I can't tell the difference.

• Advertisement

Apps are decent as well. Personally I couldn't care less about 60 fps and 1080p because I can't notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps with the naked eye and I very much doubt anyone here can either.

Last example I can think of is playing the Witcher 3 on xbox one and seeing videos some folks playing on pc posted. The difference between 30 and 60 on a source you are used to seeing in 30fps is mammoth and thats under stating it. Basically any game be it 3rd or 1st person where you can pan a camera on the xbox using the right stick will look much smoother at 60fps. Science will say the human eye can't see any more than 24fps and thats a fact but there's more to it than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement