Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LIDL Specials from 26th August

Options
  • 19-08-2004 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Stereo 55cm TV
    Digital Sat Receiver
    80cm dish
    Cable TV Extension Set
    Sat-Finder
    Single LNB
    Wall Fitting For Satellite Systems
    TV & Radio Extension Reel
    Computer Corner Desk
    Socket Dimmer

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040826.index

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

How does it work? Do you just go there early and queue? do they give some sort of numbered tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This will come in very handy! Was looking for a cheapish solution to get the grandad the bbc's as opposed to the snow he has to watch atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Do we have to queue to get these? From what time and how does it work, tickets etc? I would like the digital sat system and dish and bracket. I wonder what demand will be like this time around. Are these offers in every LIDL shop in the country? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Lidl is just a supermarket so there should be no need for queueing or tickets.

It's probably best next Tuesday or Wednesday to call around to your local store and check to see if they will be stocking the goods mentioned on that webpage. If they aren't then try another store.

I'll check the 2 stores in Dublin 15 on Thursday and post back here.

Can anyone identify the make and model of the receiver from the image supplied ?

Can it be the same model that was sold in the UK? If so, could somebody who bought it give some details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

those wall mounts look good, cant really go wrong at 4.99 which is much less than the trade price I can buy them at

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Amazingly at that price the receiver has an AC3 output

demac wrote:
    Stereo 55cm TV
    Digital Sat Receiver
    80cm dish
    Cable TV Extension Set
    Sat-Finder
    Single LNB
    Wall Fitting For Satellite Systems
    TV & Radio Extension Reel
    Computer Corner Desk
    Socket Dimmer

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040826.index

OK, I'm new! What exactly can you do with the "Cable TV Extention Set"? I suppose it's not a diseq switch for lnb's...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tony wrote:
    those wall mounts look good, cant really go wrong at 4.99 which is much less than the trade price I can buy them at

Tony I would'nt get too carried away over these brackets. If they are the same as the previous brackets which they have sold, they are only suitable for the dish that they are selling.

The 80cm dish they have on offer weighs ahell of a lot less that the normal 80cm dish which I assume you would be used to selling. I dont think I'd chance putting up a channelmaster or something like that on one of these. One belt of wind and you may find your dish in your next doors garden if your lucky.

How soon were these systems snapped up the last time? I am working again next Thursday :( and cannot make it until 6pm. Is this too late usually?

It says that we can get BBCs and Eurosport on this: 28.2 east I presume?

Did anyone have to queue anywhere last time to get one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you wont get Eurosport from 28.2° with that. it can be picked up FTA digitally from 19.2° but with a german soundtrack but at 69.99 i may pop down to lidl next thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What channels can you expect to get with it?

I heard of aldi or lidl selling sats for mobile homes before and that there were queues outside and the shops had only a few on offer, sort of like the christmas sales with only a few of each thing to get people talking, heard there were almost fights in the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

heheheh, you've obviously never tried to get stuff like this in lidl.

So how long would some1 have to queue for? (typically to ensure to get one).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

demac wrote:
    Lidl had a queueing/ticketing system in place for their last satellite system (the portable camping one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

Lidl have said that a ticket system would be in place for this offer,I would expect you would need to be there no later then 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Ok, is it worthwhile buying the satelittle set up....how likely is it to be any good? Would it be impossibly difficult to fit this yourself or if you were handish would you be able for it?
    I presume one would be able to pick up all the usual free to air channels?BBCs, CNN, Sky News etc etc? Can you get all those guys off the same satelite?

Works out around 120 euro for all the bits and bobs. If I was to buy the same set-up from your good self Tony how much would one be talking?

By the way, I'd imagine they might have only 4 or 5 of the systems in each store so you'd want to be there well before 8 in my opinion.

I think the price would suggest that this is pretty crap but does the job. It depends on what your looking for. I do not think this wowuld be that difficult provided you have some experience of Tv aerials, coax etc.

I do not think you will get Sky News, BBCs etc with this????

You can get BBC World service, thats about all the BBC you get.

Really Im only interested because Im a satellite enthusiast(starting out) so I think unless you are the same or else if you want the foreign TV channels it's not really much use to you. The experts will fill you in better Im sure. :D

Could you not get the BBC channels from the Astra 2D at 28.2E with this system?

And please somebody tell me there'll be more than 4 or 5 systems in each store! I think I'll just try anyway... ;)

OK. Heres where I am coming from. Holiday home in West Cork. I want a cheap and cheerful option that will give me at least some TV...no RTE on aerial here...well there is but it looks like a broadcast from another planet its so fuzzy. So I just want a basic dish/set-up that will give me as many English speaking channels.....the BBC I suppose and the news channels...so you can at least watch something. There is 2 TVS there(Well there would be if there was a reception for them!), one in the living room, one in the little kitchen!

Then on the other hand, we are moving to a new house and we will want to get Sky installed. HOWEVER, I want to try and get the best set-up I can from the off there. As in I want to allow being able to hook up another box in the future(I gather I would need better than a single LNB!), I might want to have a motorised set-up maybe?? in case I ever want to point at another dish etc. Bascially I'd like to know for the house, while getting in the dish for the Sky the best set-up to go with to allow the best of possible future requirements on my part....

• Advertisement

My advice is get better equipment to receive RTEs and keep your money in your pocket. RTE is fuzzy, then make it not so fuzzy. Buy a high gain aerial, amps(line +masthead), Move it, experiment etc. You can get good RTEs Im sure. Its law that RTE must provide a fair service everywhere in the country. :D

legend99 wrote:
    Works out around 120 euro for all the bits and bobs. If I was to buy the same set-up from your good self Tony how much would one be talking?

Sorry forum rules on advertising prevent me from answering that but I think the lidl deal is excellent if you can get one. I'm surprised none of the other multiples have been bitching about below cost selling.

Tony

I'll tell you Finn.....my heart is broken from trying to get the signal working better!!!!!
    Finding it dead hard too to source grouped aerials/diplexers/mastheads amps.
    In the Cork region

Fair point. :D

I think you can get the BBCs maybe but not Sky News but Im not sure so some1 may clarify this?

I am trying to get a friend to queue from 8am ffor me :D He will probably still be too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

If you point the dish at the Astra 2 satellite (28.2 degrees) you will pick up all of the BBC channels (approx 20 versions of BBC1, 4 versions of BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News 24, CBBC, CBeebies and BBC Parliment as well as loads of BBC radio channels).

You will also get Sky News, CNN, loads of shopping channels, couple of music channels and various other bits and pieces. Loads of radio channels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

finnpark wrote:
    I think you can get the BBCs maybe but not Sky News but Im not sure so some1 may clarify this?

you can get ALL the FTA channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

does this lidl box have a common interface ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nope

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

finnpark wrote:
    I do not think you will get Sky News, BBCs etc with this????

You can get BBC World service, thats about all the BBC you get.

:D

Of course you will get the BBC and Sky news plus about 40 or 50 other free channels on 28e. This is a FTA receiver. You are not restrictred to any particular satellite with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

is it possible to access the bbc's interactive services with this eg:, BBCi ?

Advertisement