Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 16-04-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Looking for some advice here lads. Bit of a curious problem but hopefully one that some light can be shed on.

Finding that the speed of the broadband via wifi is rising & falling on my HTC One M8 mini. When I compare it to other smartphones quite considerably.

Going from full whack to a trickle then nothing then back on & so on. Very annoying when trying to stream something or use data heavy apps.

Ive re booted wifi router number of times & the phone seems fine on other peoples wifis/broadband/3g

Not sure where the problem lies exactly?

Its a fairly new phone Dec 2014. & the Broadband is meant to be 120Mb.

Ive conducted side by side speed tests on phones with same wifi, same router, same everything.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Going from full whack to a trickle then nothing then back on & so on. Very annoying when trying to stream something or use data heavy apps.

Ive re booted wifi router number of times & the phone seems fine on other peoples wifis/broadband/3g

if it's fine on other people's wifi/broadband, then I would
    1) connect your pc/laptop to router via LAN cable
    2) log into your router, so if you were on UPC, type 192.168.192.1 in a browser.
    3) for upc login, think both username and password are "admin", so login
    4) go to wireless settings, and add the mac address of your phone
    5) hit save.

The mac address of Android phones is in Settings/about phone/status/

give that a try and let us know...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

2) log into your router, so if you were on UPC, type 192.168.192.1 in a browser.
    5) hit save.

Cheers, I will give it a go tonight & see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

5) hit save.

Thank you D'Peoples Voice that worked a treat. Really upped the speed & its holding speed a lot more consistently.

Advertisement