Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on the General Election !

Options
  • 02-03-2016 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭

Did anyone lose or win money on the General Election, I am particularly interested in bets placed with Paddy Power !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I was going to bet on the elections* then realized gambling is fucking stupid**.

*and then did

**after I lost a tenner and got grumpy because I suck at gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't bet on it.

Hope this helps xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Put €20 on Catherine Martin to win for the Greens in Dublin-Rathdown @ 4/1 back in early January.

Had €30 on Eugene Murphy to win @ 5/2 in Roscommon a day or two after Shane Curran entered the race.

Have €50 at 2/1 back in late January that there will be a second GE this year.

When Danny Healy-Rae entered thr race he was 8/1 that night. I wanted to put €50 on him, but don't have an online account. By the next day at lunch he was 1/8, so I didn't bother. Big money was put on him overnight, it was a big mistake by the bookies.

You either put money on heavy odds on favourites and win little or if you have a very good, intimate knowledge of the constituency then you can win a few bob as well. That's how I won the money in Dublin and Roscommon.

Advertisement