Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help insurance

Options
  • 04-02-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Any here I need helpOn Tuesday afternoon me and are going somewhere not far from us it my treat it might take your mind of it . I was stopped by Garda had no tax and my insurance cancelled my policy I know nothing about it I have moved insurace company's I will be done for no insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭annmarie mayo

Insurance policy can called knowing nothing about it I have a new policy and new company I will I be brought to court

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can catagorically say, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Any here I need helpOn Tuesday afternoon me and are going somewhere not far from us it my treat it might take your mind of it . I was stopped by Garda had no tax and my insurance cancelled my policy I know nothing about it I have moved insurace company's I will be done for no insurance

U should start a new tread on this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Op, could you put English on your opening post, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Insurance policy can called knowing nothing about it I have a new policy and new company I will I be brought to court what will I get

Wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Have you been stopped and asked to produce?
    Did you have the new insurance company's disk in the window?
    Were you insured?
    Why was the old policy cancelled?

You were stopped by a guard without tax or insurance according to your other post.

You need to speak to a solicitor - not to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Insurance policy can called knowing nothing about it I have a new policy and new company I will I be brought to court

There were two local lads in court here last week for no insurance. One got a €700 fine and a 1 year ban, the other got €1500 fine and a 4 year ban. Is that the info you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go see a solicitor.

i was stopped garda i did not know my insurace was cancnced unit he told me i have new insurace got it right away will that cover me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

i was stopped garda i did not know my insurace was cancnced unit he told me i have new insurace got it right away will that cover me

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

You are having a difficult time explaining yourself here but I think we understand what has happened.

No, buying insurance after will not get you out of trouble.

If you have difficulty explaining here you might have huge difficulty in court, you might feel very pressurised. My advice, get a solicitor to help you if that's the case but you are looking at a fine and a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Stheno wrote: »
    No.

Unless the insurance she currently has is from the date of the offence. It would be a very vindictive garda that would prosecute in that case.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Unless the insurance she currently has is from the date of the offence. It would be a very vindictive garda that would prosecute in that case.

No insurance is seen as a fairly serious offence though.

And most new policies will have a time as well as a date on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi op, can you clarify please.

My understanding of what you are saying is that you were stopped by the guards and the insurance disc in your car was out of date.

You said you have a new policy, the question is, was the new policy purchased before you got stopped?

If it was then you will be OK, you will just need to produce your documents to the guards and explain you hadn't received them at the time you were stopped.

However if you were stopped and had no insurance in place, buying a policy after being stopped does not cover you.

The guards will check with the insurance company and there will be a time of purchase on the policy, of this is after you were stopped then you can expect the insurance company to cancel your policy and get ready for a court appearance.

Someone done it for a good one on me

Someone done it for a good one on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did you get that Apach pizza code?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I think op is trying to say that someone called the gardai abd reported her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd be surprised if they managed to dial the numbers in the correct order to do so. :P

I was stopped by Garda a month a go for no tax and no know that my insurance was cancelled I got new insurace that day will I be out of the road I am have dresspression and getting help for this will this help me in court

Only a solicitor with experience from traffic court can tell you that. At least ring one and see if you can get an appointment soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I was stopped by Garda a month a go for no tax and no know that my insurance was cancelled I got new insurace that day will I be out of the road I am have dresspression and getting help for this will this help me in court

No tax and no insurance is never going to end well.

Depression is an awful thing, but it's no excuse.

No tax and no insurance is never going to end well.

Depression is an awful thing, but it's no excuse.

Will it help my case

Will it help my case

Will dresspression help you in a court case

We'll stop now.

The only advice you will get here - go see a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement