Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viola Beach, the entire band, killed in car crash

Options
  • 14-02-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭

Indie band and their manager die in a car crash in Sweden whilst on tour:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35572838

Never heard of them myself, they'd only released on single, but pretty insane that an entire band is killed. I can't remember a case before where every member of a band was killed in the one accident.

Pretty sad really. A young band following their dreams and that happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

RIP. Never heard of them, but checked out some of there stuff on YouTube. Desperate way to learn about a new band......

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean12319

I've heard of the name but that's it. Were they mainstream?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Only heard about this in my local.....from a 75 year old!

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sorry - double posts still going on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

They were I suppose you could say "typically indie" - the type of thing you'd hear on TXFM or read about in NME.

That's not saying they weren't good at what they did. Who knows, perhaps they had a good future. Any band who can get it together to write and release material, grow a fanbase, and play well together (their BBC livelounge video shows that) deserves a chance to get out there and give it a try. God knows, I've been there myself.

I wonder if they had recorded an album, and would it be released? Could it be the first ever posthumously released debut album??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Very sad. Didn't hear about them until this but i'm listening to their single and i quite like it, pop indie kinda stuff, catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Indie band and their manager die in a car crash in Sweden whilst on tour:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35572838

Never heard of them myself, they'd only released on single, but pretty insane that an entire band is killed. I can't remember a case before where every member of a band was killed in the one accident.

Pretty sad really. A young band following their dreams and that happens.

The Exploding Hearts, a really great band, pretty much same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exploding_Hearts

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Exploding Hearts, a really great band, pretty much same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exploding_Hearts

One of them survived though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

One of them survived though.

Right so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The officers on the bridge of the approaching ship apparently saw something fall from the bridge and radioed it in, they thought it was a large block of ice or something. They then proceeded to run over the wreckage as they passed through.

Sad story but you'd have to wonder what the hell they were doing, the bridge barriers were down and the lights were flashing. Why didn't they stop? I guess we'll never know.

• Advertisement

The officers on the bridge of the approaching ship apparently saw something fall from the bridge and radioed it in, they thought it was a large block of ice or something. They then proceeded to run over the wreckage as they passed through.

Sad story but you'd have to wonder what the hell they were doing, the bridge barriers were down and the lights were flashing. Why didn't they stop? I guess we'll never know.

I think there was a gap in the barriers and they just drove through it. Unlike, say the Toll bridge here, the bridge section didn't rise up, it just created a gap. Which they ended up driving through.

The manager was driving apparently (well it had to be him or one of the band) so most likely they wouldn't have been familiar with the road or style of bridge.

Advertisement