Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Saorview website

Options
  • 17-12-2015 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

Launched yesterday, Saorview logo has "Free the TV" added-on, probably related to its planned Saorview Connected HbbTV service.

A new ad campaign starts next Sunday
    Saorview, Ireland’s largest TV platform, reveals a brand new look

16 December 2015

Saorview, Ireland’s free digital television service and the largest TV platform in Ireland, today launched its brand new look in conjunction with the announcement that the number of households in Ireland with Saorview has increased. Over the last four months 30,000 homes have joined the revolution to ‘FREE THE TV’ with Saorview, meaning that 676,000 homes now watch TV for free in a way that suits them, that’s 43% of all homes in Ireland.

Conceived and created by design consultancy, Aad, the launch of the new Saorview brand sees changes to its logo, a consumer friendly website with TV listings that encourages Irish consumers to explore the world of Saorview, and a new TV ad which launches on RTÉ on Sunday, December 20th. This is the first 60 second TV ad commissioned by Saorview, and it is directed by Cannes Grand Prix winner and animator Johnny Kelly, who has worked with a range of clients from Google and Vitra to Coca-Cola and the V&A. Saorview doesn’t just offer freedom from bills, but freedom in how, when and where consumers access TV and the new TV ad mirrors this.

The new Saorview website features a live help service and enhanced search tools to easily enable users to find retailers that stock Saorview boxes and TVs. The new site is also mobile compatible and available in both English and Irish. With the added benefit of an online programme guide and brightly coloured icon illustrations highlighting different programme categories, www.saorview.ie allows users to find out how to watch for free and what and Saorview aims to reflect how people live their lives and offers empowerment, choice, flexibility and access. Saorview offers the best of Irish television, and with the Saorview combi box or TV, customers can also access a wide range of free television channels from the UK for even more choice. This is about more than just no monthly bills; this is about consumers getting the TV they want, the way they want it.

Richard Waghorn, RTÉ’s Chief Technology Officer and product owner of Saorview, said: ‘The way people are watching TV is changing and so Saorview is too. Saorview does not just offer freedom from bills, but freedom in how you access TV. The new figures from Nielsen show that more and more people are joining the free TV revolution, and with our new look, we hope to encourage even more homes to make the change and free their TV.’ For more information on Saorview visit www.saorview.ie and to follow the conversation join us on Facebook and Twitter

The way people watch TV is changing and Saorview is too. #FreetheTV

https://www.saorview.ie/en/news

They also have something called Saorview ID coming in Jan where you can register to hear about "our next generation, a revolution in FREE TV", probably the new Freesat developed Saorview Connected receiver/service.
    We know your needs are changing, so we are too.
    Register to hear about
    our next generation,
    a revolution in FREE TV
    Saorview ID

New Years Resolution No. 1
    Join the Revolution
    Check back here in January 2016 to register for your very own Saorview ID and Free the TV.
    Then hit the gym.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/id
    Saorview ID Terms & Conditions

Saorview.ie is a website which provides information regarding the Saorview DTT platform, which is established, operated and maintained by Raidio Teilifís Éireann (“RTÉ”). Saorview.ie is a separate website to RTÉ’s other websites and the Saorview.ie data is held separately from all other RTÉ data.

In order to sign up to Saorview ID, please visit www.saorview.ie/id and complete the required fields at a minimum. You must be at least 18 years old and a permanent resident in Ireland to sign-up for a Saorview ID.

You can update your information at any time (for example if you move house). You can also delete your Saorview ID at any time if you decide you no longer want it.

By signing up to Saorview ID, you will receive the following information and announcements by email:

New channel launches;
    New product releases;
    The latest Saorview news

When signing up to Saorview ID, you will be given the option to receive the following marketing, promotional and recommendation information by email:

Exclusive competitions for Saorview ID users; and
    Our TV recommendations and top tips.

You can unsubscribe at any time.

By signing up to Saorview ID, you accept these Terms and Conditions and the terms of the Saorview Privacy Policy and the RTÉ Cookie Policy.

RTÉ reserves the right to withdraw Saorview ID at any time without notice.

RTÉ will notify you if we update these Terms and Conditions or the Saorview Privacy Policy or the RTÉ Cookie Policy. By logging into Saorview ID following such a change to the Terms and Conditions or Saorview Privacy Policy, you confirm your acceptance of the change. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe at a later date if you so choose.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/legal/terms-conditions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I noticed that channel 23 on my Saorview tv is now an information channel showing how to video clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If they got another approved set top box with built in hard drive it would help. The current one and only Walker one has a rubbish dated interface.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can't say I'm a fan of the new logo - I didn't think much of the old one either, but at least it looked like there was some thought put into it. This one is just the word "SAORVIEW" in a box (in all caps for double black marks).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

new logo

371978.jpg

371979.jpg

old logo

125721.png

371982.jpg

even older logos (that never made it)

125720.png

125718.png

125719.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That green one would have been an atrocity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Koloman wrote:
    I noticed that channel 23 on my Saorview tv is now an information channel showing how to video clips.

A very good information channel if you are going to be retuning the saorview box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

At least there's a TV guide now on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BowWow

Actually preferred the old Saorview logo - the new one is very reminiscent of the old Freeview logo............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I cant find any information on Saorsat for the 2% of Irish homes on the new site.

Can't seem to find the SSU update schedule there either. I see there's also a section for a Saorview ID, I wonder what that will be for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Noticed yesterday that there is a video loop on the Saorview information channel explaining how to tune in Saorview etc. good to see better user engagement with and by the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

I love how every single programme on RTÉ ONE and TWO are listed as being in HD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Karsini wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the SSU update schedule there either. I see there's also a section for a Saorview ID, I wonder what that will be for?
    I think if you singh up to Saorview ID in the new year they will send you info on new products and new channel launches. I won't be holding my breath waiting for new channels to launch.

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I won't be holding my breath waiting for new channels to launch.

Unless they consider the proposed Saorview Connected receiver together with the Freesat as new channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Strange how they didn't have the connected receiver ready for the prime Christmas market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

The Cush wrote: »
    Unless they consider the proposed Saorview Connected receiver together with the Freesat as new channels.
    It most likely will be as I can't see any new channels been launched on Saorview for the foreseeable future unless TV3 still have plans to launch 3 kids and the proposed 3 classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

From the SAORVIEW website:-

"NEW YEARS RESOLUTION NO. 1
    JOIN THE REVOLUTION
    CHECK BACK HERE IN JANUARY 2016 TO REGISTER FOR YOUR VERY OWN SAORVIEW ID AND FREE THE TV."

This is January - when to checkback would be helpful!

Hibrasil wrote: »
    This is January - when to checkback would be helpful!
    Once they're ready to announce the new Saorview Connected box/service probably, still in holiday mode in RTÉ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Once they're ready to announce the new Saorview Connected box/service probably, still in holiday mode in RTÉ.

I e-mailed Russia today and Al Jazeera Eng in the last few days to be available on saorview in 2016 as there are no international news channels on saorview

ftakeith wrote: »
    I e-mailed Russia today and Al Jazeera Eng in the last few days to be available on saorview in 2016 as there are no international news channels on saorview

Are you serious! or taking the p**s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

You can email any channel you like and ask them to be on Saorview. I could email Sky Sports and ask them to be on the platform. Of course it won't happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Koloman wrote: »
    You can email any channel you like and ask them to be on Saorview. I could email Sky Sports and ask them to be on the platform. Of course it won't happen!

If one international news channel is on saorview, the rest will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 34,299 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It'd be pointless and a complete waste of money for any channel already available all over Ireland FTA on satellite to go onto Saorview.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It'd be pointless and a complete waste of money for any channel already available all over Ireland FTA on satellite to go onto Saorview.

Couldn't agree more. Both RT and Al Jazeera are FTA on satellite and are likely to be on the Saorview/Freesat box when launched later this year

You can now sign up for a Saorview ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

You can now sign up for a Saorview ID.

Not much there at the moment, but I've signed up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

what does "drip feed" mean?(mentioned in the IT interview)? will it mean that the saorview connected service will not have full functionality at the start with no 7 day epg or tv3player etc?

Oireachtas TV commences test transmission on Saorview

13 January 2016

Saorview is currently carrying out test transmissions of Oireachtas TV. Viewers may receive the test transmission on Saorview channel 22. For further information please see the Oireachtas press release here

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Oireachtas TV commences test transmission on Saorview

13 January 2016

Saorview is currently carrying out test transmissions of Oireachtas TV. Viewers may receive the test transmission on Saorview channel 22. For further information please see the Oireachtas press release here

Yes I saw that, not an overly enthusiastic press release, simply pointing to the Oireachtas press release - http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/mediazone/pressreleases/2016/name-31310-en.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

new logo

371978.jpg

It reminded me of an Iceland (as in the Supermarket) logo. Anyone else think of Iceland when they saw it?

263px-Iceland_logo.svg.png

Advertisement