Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 2 **US Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

It's even better, now get out of this thread or you'll spoil it
    This season is way better than the 1st, and the 1st was brilliant

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I jumped out of this after 5 minutes of the second episode as I was already confused with the first. I thought I'd maybe give it another go now a few weeks later as maybe a mini binge watch would suit it better.

I was enough of a big fan of the first season to think that it was better than True Detective's first so I'm hoping it got less confusing and better.

Without spoiling anything, is this as good as last year's season?

I think its better. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th episode that it really came into its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

^^^^^^^^ Way better ... now get watching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Better IMHO.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Only started watching this last week and didnt get to see this weeks episode till today as I wanted to make sure it got all my attention. Loving it so far its epic. I just get lost in each episode it takes good tv to do that to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Was that a glimpse of S3 when she walked into her fathers study ?
    Missing son ? she mentioned her sister out of the blue just before that, we see her looking at family pics where there seems to be 3 kids.

Father investigating the occult ?

oleras wrote: »
    Missing son ? she mentioned her sister out of the blue just before that, we see her looking at family pics where there seems to be 3 kids.

Interesting .... don't know if it would work for a Fargo season - but who knows ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I think this story will be done and dusted at season close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

No.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

"you're a **** policeman, you know that right?" :D Love it.

Is Simone really dead, I know it's alluded to but we don't actually see her being killed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Roanmore wrote: »
    "you're a **** policeman, you know that right?" :D Love it.

Is Simone really dead, I know it's alluded to but we don't actually see her being killed?

She probably died from obesity induced diabetes if she wasn't shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is it time for the new one yet? I'm very impatient for this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mushy wrote:
    Is it time for the new one yet? I'm very impatient for this now.

Tomorrow, it leaked a day early last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Since it leaked last week this has felt like forever waiting for the next one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭cmac2009

What an excellent epsiode that was. By far the best thing on TV at the moment imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...erstwhile on Fargo, indeed.

Who'd have thought a little self-actualisation in a log cabin could be so much fun. Well for thems that survive it. And when an Indian gent asks you for a glass of water, give the man a glass of water without the attitude. Manners maketh the man and all that.
    I just noticed this episode and the latest episode of Leftovers have the same director. A Leftovers / Fargo crossover for next season ? Or would that just make things less confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

that was class yet again. Peggie is in la la land. The opening scene really showed how much her head has gone. And stabbing Dod as casual as you like! Loved how scared of her he was then.

Was the writing on the glass of the phone booth, like you do when your playing hangaman? Pretty cool foreshadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Pirates Ale

The butcher has to be the luckiest man ever!

Excellent stuff as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Im gona miss Dodd :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

What an hour of entertainment that was!

Tomorrow, it leaked a day early last week

It was more a sigh of desperation for it...and by God did it deliver. Plenty questions left to answer, not many episodes left.

Peggy questioning Dodd is hilarious.

Oh my god. Only 20 mins. Peggy and Dodd scene.

Fantastic Television.

Amazing ... love the nod to the film "Jesus I'm going crazy out by that lake" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

"Hun ya gotta stop stabbing him" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Why didn't Dod kill Peggy when he freed himself from being tied up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Was I the only one that noticed that the symbols above the bar where the indian asked for a glass of water were the same as those (seen at the end of episode 6?) on the the A4 pages discovered by Betsy Solverson in Hank Larsson's house.

What was it about the hair cut at the end ?

just more mad Fargoness ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Another damn good episode, only 2 more to go. I hope the quality stays this strong, still plenty of interesting characters and their stories left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Hes a fugitive now. Helping to evade the law I guess

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Another damn good episode, only 2 more to go. I hope the quality stays this strong, still plenty of interesting characters and their stories left.

I think everything is tied closely enough together for the carnage at Sioux Falls. Mike is on his way to get Dodd there, the Indian may have to go through there. Ties back in with the café talk in season 1 of bloodshed. So a few minor details that will bring it to a conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

It's so good. Can't believe it has surpassed season 1

Yeah, regarding that haircut - just a smart move. The massacre happened over him looking like an Indian from central casting. Now he needs a short back and sides and maybe a tidy suit. Nothing Fargoesque about that, just the trained moves of a man with three tours and so many purple stars.
    Killing his nuisance "master" was just the first step in his new life. Haircut, second.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

Yeah, regarding that haircut - just a smart move. The massacre happened over him looking like an Indian from central casting. Now he needs a short back and sides and maybe a tidy suit. Nothing Fargoesque about that, just the trained moves of a man with three tours and so many purple stars.
    Killing his nuisance "master" was just the first step in his new life. Haircut, second.
    was he always going to kill Dod or did the racists at the bar along with being called a half breed & mongrel by Dod push him over the edge?

PIORUN wrote: »
    was he always going to kill Dod or did the racists at the bar along with being called a half breed & mongrel by Dod push him over the edge?

I'm guessing that it was growing in him. A few drunks in a bar got it for being cute. No reason why the plank who had been harassing him all his life should miss out on the fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Was I the only one that noticed that the symbols above the bar where the indian asked for a glass of water were the same as those (seen at the end of episode 6?) on the the A4 pages discovered by Betsy Solverson in Hank Larsson's house.

Were they the same? I didn't go back and check when I seen them over the bar, I read elsewhere they are cattle brands

He wanted a haircut and if he had shot the husband she wouldnt have been able to cut his hair so he was in all likelyhood going to kill them after as they would know he changed his look. Then the police came and messed up the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Why did the Indian let Peggy and the butcher live?

We don't know what he was going to do had the cops not arrived. He did have them under his control as he had the gun so maybe he planned to kill them after his haircut? Or maybe not, we don't know.

Why didn't Dod kill Peggy is what is like to know.

Dodd wasn't all that smart, first time we seen him he was wondering why a man who's ears he'd cut off couldn't hear him.
    Probably wanted to kill ed in front of Peggy or vice versa. Most women in his life probably lay down obiediently once he smacked them around, so he probably didn't expect Peggy to fight back.

I think Hanzee had given up, was sick of being a tool of destruction, he was as good as dead after killing those cops anyways. I think the haircut was him wanting to do a normal everyday thing regular people do. He would either get the same respect & treatment everyone else experiences, or Peggy would stab the **** out of him. Either way he was just a normal person doing a normal thing. He asked for a short back & sides which is likely what he sported in the military, which is probably one of the last time he was respected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I would agree that his motives behind wanting a haircut was nothing to do with changing his appearance to avoid detection, I think he realised he had reached the end of the road and the haircut was something he wanted before he met his end, be that in a blaze of glory or by his own hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Did anyone spot the engravings in the bar scene ? They seemed similar to the drawings from the previous episode. WTF moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

^ It is straight out of the Stephen King short story playbook. A "normal" couple hold a dangerous man hostage in a remote cabin with a killer on the loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

He knows he's wanted so he wanted to get a hair cut to make himself less recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

He was out of ammo. I don't know about the rest of you, but when he put that gun in the butcher's face and dry fired it a few times before running out of there, I got chills. It was seriously terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

This season has been phenomenal. I wasn't sure what to make of Peggy and the Butcher early on, but they've just become increasingly entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Positive Peggy..there's a 3rd series in her! Wonder what happened her friend in the hotel, Indian didn't seem to have any blood lust for those that helped him so maybe she survived.
    Engrossing telly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Wonder what happened her friend in the hotel, Indian didn't seem to have any blood lust for those that helped him so maybe she survived.

She could have called Peggy back to warn her once she was free (or not, I'm not sure if 1970s phones worked that way, and I doubt she gave her the number). Or informed police of exactly where he was heading, giving them time to call ahead and intercept him. Letting her go would seriously jeopardize the whole reason he abducted her in the first place. If he cared enough to avoid killing her (which we don't have much evidence to support), then I suppose he could have tied her up and put out a do not disturb sign, so nobody should find her until she was supposed to check out, by which time he would already have been to the cabin. Or he could have just risked it and tried to intimidate her into not doing anything to interfere.

I would bet she's dead, but it's impossible to say for sure. We can't take his motives for granted anymore now that he's killed his boss.

^ The amount of crap you could do with 1970s phones was amazing. The higher echelons of Google et al are poulated with phone phreakers. Even if it predates that (exchanges going digital), it went through an exchange and the call can be traced. Which is why Meth Demon is popping down the road to make calls from the public phone box. While Elvis was cutting his first acetate, a kid next door was ringing home and reversing charges while they lied about why their hungover ass was broke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement