Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s

Options
  • 09-11-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Has anyone else seen the iPhone 6s 16GB on vikingdirect.ie for €552 including vat and delivery?? I contacted them an they said the price is correct and it is a genuine product and is posted direct from Apple, it still seems to good to be true considering the iPhone 6 is there also and it's more expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Well if it looks too good to be true then...........

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Edwardguire

davo2001 wrote: »
    Well if it looks too good to be true then...........

I always say the same!! If it was on a never heard of website I wouldn't take a second glance at it, but it's the fact that's it's on a well recognised website and I know people who have bought bits and pieces off them before (mostly stationary stuff).. I thought somebody on here might have bought 1 off them at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

The are not on there now!

This has happened before with TV's and from memory they had to honor the deal...... Lucky few people me thinks!

This has happened before with TV's and from memory they had to honor the deal...... Lucky few people me thinks!

They are still there I just looked!! iPhone 6s 16GB €449 without vat or €552 including and free delivery.. There's something not right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is this not it?
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Apple-Smartphone-Iphone-6s-Rose-Gold/id=8020497&pr=QDN/

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »

Yes that's it!! Something doesn't seem right tho?? When the older model iPhone 6 is more expensive, I did contact them through live chat and was told the price is correct, I'm battled lol

Yes that's it!! Something doesn't seem right tho?? When the older model iPhone 6 is more expensive, I did contact them through live chat and was told the price is correct, I'm battled lol

Definitely weird as the same phone is 761.74 Euro on the UK site

I wonder if they have put them on as the UK price and not done the conversion? Just ordered one :) happy days if it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I wonder if they have put them on as the UK price and not done the conversion? Just ordered one :) happy days

Let us know how you get on anyways.

I wonder if they have put them on as the UK price and not done the conversion? Just ordered one :) happy days if it arrives

I'd say that's correct. €449 ex VAT on .ie £449 ex VAT on .co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did they charge you the price advertised or converted?

I'm after ringing them and the woman I was talking to couldn't give me a reason as to why it's that price, she put me on hold until she talked to the production team an still couldn't give me an answer as to how it's so much cheaper than the older iPhone 6!! She took my number and said she will get back to me tomorrow, she also said it has to be genuine as otherwise they'd be done for false advertising!!! What was your account debited? 552euros??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Its a 16GB???

Can't see the equivilant cost of a 64gb?? Is there a 64gb 'bargain' ??/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Masala wrote: »
    Its a 16GB???

Can't see the equivilant cost of a 64gb?? Is there a 64gb 'bargain' ??/
    Yep
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Apple-Smartphone-6S-64GB-Rose-gold/id=8020525&pr=QDN/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I reckon this is more a BA so moved it here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Sono

Great deal if this is honoured, superb find OP!

Sono wrote: »
    Great deal if this is honoured, superb find OP!

Might not be on for much longer now Some Bright Spark decided to phone them!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

128gb 6s working out at €715 inc vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

any updates on this ?? might give it a go !

Anyone got any voucher codes? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

and is it unlocked to any sims does anyone know?

CorkColin wrote: »
    and is it unlocked to any sims does anyone know?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

This won't be honoured. Staff just don't understand / don't realise what's happening and it's only a matter of time before abnormal orders come in which flags up with decision makers.

Brace yourselves for disappointment. Particularly OP who should have stayed quiet until his order had been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Terre

Sono wrote: »
    Anyone got any voucher codes? 😂

There are free gifts available if you spend 125€ or 150€. You need to add it to the basket

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm after ringing them and the woman I was talking to couldn't give me a reason as to why it's that price, she put me on hold until she talked to the production team an still couldn't give me an answer as to how it's so much cheaper than the older iPhone 6!! She took my number and said she will get back to me tomorrow, she also said it has to be genuine as otherwise they'd be done for false advertising!!! What was your account debited? 552euros??

Why would you ring them and notify them of the mistake, even inadvertently? Never ceases to amaze me that people do this. NEVER.

Might not be on for much longer now Some Bright Spark decided to phone them!

The same bright spark that seen it in the first place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

I wonder would it be worth our while to even bother

diograis wrote: »
    I wonder would it be worth our while to even bother

Might have been had "someone" not rang them. No harm in trying but it is unlikely to be honoured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Got the 6s plus 128gb sitting in the basket.. Hesitating on pressing checkout. €808 compared to €1089 on Apple site.

• Advertisement

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Got the 6s plus 128gb sitting in the basket.. Hesitating on pressing checkout. €808 compared to €1089 on Apple site.

Just do it. You have nothing to lose if you genuinely want it. They will either honour it and you get the phone, or they will refund you fully and you won't.

They can't charge the €1089 price to your card without checking with you first so again, you have nothing to lose.

Advertisement