Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogheda Wheelers - Rás Cabhrú sportive

• 01-09-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

Drogheda Wheelers will be hosting a charity sportive this weekend in aid of Drogheda Homeless Aid. The event is the "Rás Cabhrú sportive" and will begin at 10:00 am on Sunday 6th September. Registration will begin at 9:00 am on the day and online registration is also avaiable here. This event is a cycling Ireland approved event.

The route will start at Drogheda port at the North Quay gate and take the coastal route, then on to Ardee and will finish back in Drogheda. There will be a choice of two distances, 50km and 100km. I will post strava links shortly.

Entry fee is €25.

Further details are available here, at DroghedaWheelers.ie and on the Drogheda Wheelers facebook page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Will there be a car or road captains setting the pace?Reason I ask is according to the website the event starts at 10am and finishes at 3pm.I would have thought the front runners would be back by 1pm and most people would be done and dusted by 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Will there be a car or road captains setting the pace?Reason I ask is according to the website the event starts at 10am and finishes at 3pm.I would have thought the front runners would be back by 1pm and most people would be done and dusted by 2pm.

Yes there will be lead cars and motorcyle marshalls on both routes.

I would think that 3pm is a very conservative estimate. As you say, much more likely to be finished well before that.

Here are links to the routes on strava. The shorter route is actually 65k and not 50k as I posted above.

long route

short route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

bren_mc wrote: »
    Here are links to the routes on strava. The shorter route is actually 65k and not 50k as I posted above.

long route

short route

Mount Oriel is a tough climb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

lookin forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Really well run event.Only downer was we didn't do Mt Oriel due to the locals moaning.The motorbike marshal did sterling work.Thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭furiousox

Enjoyable spin, a good turnout and a nice day for it.
    Thanks to all the organisers and marshals.

CPL 593H

Really well run event.Only downer was we didn't do Mt Oriel due to the locals moaning.The motorbike marshal did sterling work.Thanks to all involved.
    furiousox wrote: »
    Enjoyable spin, a good turnout and a nice day for it.
    Thanks to all the organisers and marshals.

Glad it went well. Pity it clashed with Charleville. Quite a few of us missed it cos of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Missed the turning at popes cross and ended up going down Tullyesker hill :o

Advertisement