Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handicap waiting time.

• 29-08-2015 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

My brother in law recently joined new club and put in his 3 cards for handicap purposes. Just wondering how long does it normally take to receive handicap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Think it depends on the club hcap sec but I had mine within 2/3 days of submitting cards

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Depends totally on the efficiency of the club handicap secretary but if its been more than a couple of days since putting in the cards I'd be ringing the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Mine took nearly 2 months, joke of a club, thankful no longer a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads I finally handed in my 3 cards on Saturday. Got an email Sunday night saying I had been awarded an initial handicap of 17 in accordance with clause 16 of the council of national golf unions.

Is this an official handicap or just a temporary one until the official one comes through?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Lads I finally handed in my 3 cards on Saturday. Got an email Sunday night saying I had been awarded an initial handicap of 17 in accordance with clause 16 of the council of national golf unions.

Is this an official handicap or just a temporary one until the official one comes through?
    It's an official one, CONGU is the handicapping authority in the UK and Ireland.

• Advertisement

It's an official one, CONGU is the handicapping authority in the UK and Ireland.

Cheers! Seriously quick turn around!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lads what way do ya track your handicap? I've heard of a website but can't think of it!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Lads what way do ya track your handicap? I've heard of a website but can't think of it!

Golfnet or Howdidido

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

well golfnet is the only one really. It is the GUI website but your handicap part is updated by your club, so relies on them to keep it up to date.

How did I do, is not official, but is kept pretty much up to date, and only if your club is linked to it. not all clubs are.

So I've looked up golf net, seems very much aimed at the Americans, with no options for signing up, is that the correct site?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

No, golfnet is very much irish GUI (golfnet.ie) Easy to register once you have your GUI number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Once you get your GUI card you can register on golfnet / gui as uou'll need the pin number on the back of the card to register. Its straight forward register once you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Along a similar line. I am a member of a club in mayo but played a comp in Dublin on Tuesday. I had 34 points and reckon I should have gotten .1 back but it hasn't updated on Golfnet. Does the result of the comp update my handicap on golfnet automatically or does it have to go to my club first before it is updated on Golfnet?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Along a similar line. I am a member of a club in mayo but played a comp in Dublin on Tuesday. I had 34 points and reckon I should have gotten .1 back but it hasn't updated on Golfnet. Does the result of the comp update my handicap on golfnet automatically or does it have to go to my club first before it is updated on Golfnet?

Cheers

The away club you played at need to submit all away scores before you'll see it. After closing a comp they are prompted to do it but they may not have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Do you have to become a member of a club before you submit your 3 cards? Or can you have your 3 cards ready before you join? And 2, how is your handicap calculated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Once you have membership paid I can't see any reason why the date on the scorecard should make a difference, as long as it's resent and it was marked by a member of the club.

Is an unprocessed away score one that hasn't been adjusted by your home club then? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to comp golf.

Thanks

Is an unprocessed away score one that hasn't been adjusted by your home club then? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to comp golf.

Thanks
    yes

Cheers

I'd be surprised to see 34 points being outside the buffer, must have been some shooting goin on

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'd be surprised to see 34 points being outside the buffer, must have been some shooting goin on

Yeah big scoring. My mate had 43 and was only second or third

• Advertisement
Advertisement