Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortest Hybrid In Your Bag

Options
  • 26-08-2015 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

So put hybrids in the bag for first time this year 2h replacing 5 wood and 4h replacing 3/4 iron. Im playing off 7. Hitting them well. but now im looking down at my 5i and its looking smaller and smaller (mp54). So thinking of putting a 5h in.

So am I now a Grandad ha ha?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

yipsnomore wrote: »
    So put hybrids in the bag for first time this year 2h replacing 5 wood and 4h replacing 3/4 iron. Im playing off 7. Hitting them well. but now im looking down at my 5i and its looking smaller and smaller (mp54). So thinking of putting a 5h in.

I actually have a 6 in the bag, bought a 4 but found it goes more like a 5 wood/2or 3 iron. It is 10 years old now a rescue mid tp not found any reason to take it out of the bag. I find the 6 goes just around the same as the 4 iron so sits well in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Padraig irons only start at 6 afaik so don't worry. I find hybrids harder to control, but strike quality made easier for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

I took my last hybrid, a 3H, out of my bag a couple of months ago. It was ballooning when hit into the wind. Replaced it with a 1 iron! Lovely penetrating flight. The only downside is that I don't/can't use the 1 iron out of the rough - the 3H was great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

yipsnomore wrote: »

If you are playing off 7 you are doing something right. Who cares what you have in the bag... Keep it up if you feel comfortable or have the instinct to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Who cares what clubs you use as long as they work for you. You play off a decent handicap so do whatever you think will help your game.

My most lofted hybrid is a 4 and I can hit my 5 iron OK so I don't think I will replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭moycullen14

A 28 degree Callaway 5h. Bought it for 50 quid from direct golf a few years ago.

Best buy ever!

I can hit it about 170 yds from tee, fairway, rough, bunker. It has replaced by 5 iron completely. The 4 iron went when I got a 19 degree taylor-made RBZ.

The way it's going, I'll end up with a stack of hybrids and no irons below a PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Playing driver, 3wood, 3h, 4h and 5h. Haven't played with anyone else that used 5h. Fairly consistent with it, playing off 12

Advertisement