Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krakow

Options
  • 05-08-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I cant see an up to date query on Krakow. I have gone back through the Forum and I see loads of tips of what to do going back a few years. What I am looking for is where to stay....from somebody who has been there relatively recently.
    2 ads and a teenager, mid october. At least a 3 star, maybe 4 stay if I
    can find a good rate. We have.nt been away for 7 years so I.m nervous
    of booking this trip...
    Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

Hi All,
    I cant see an up to date query on Krakow. I have gone back through the Forum and I see loads of tips of what to do going back a few years. What I am looking for is where to stay....from somebody who has been there relatively recently.
    2 ads and a teenager, mid october. At least a 3 star, maybe 4 stay if I
    can find a good rate. We have.nt been away for 7 years so I.m nervous
    of booking this trip...
    Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andels hotel is good spot. Close to centre and right next to big shopping mall if you want a late brekkie or teenager wants McDonald's etc

Krakow tours are good if visiting Auschwitz or salt mines. Will pick up from hotel and organise a private guide if you want it. Also does airport transfers

Krakow itself is great. All tourist stuff is within walking distance or by golf cart from the center. The Jewish quarter is the hip part for evening drinks/meals

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EJ Aza

I would second Andels, had a lovely stay there 3 nights and had 3 full days in Krakow.

Got the local bus to Auschwitz and again a local bus to the salt mines. Both are worth doing. Krakow old town is lovely to walk around. It was minus 14-17 when I was there in March awhile back!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

anybody any recomendations on self catering appartments in Krakow for January

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

We stayed here in Krakow - http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g274772-d1984561-Reviews-Aparthotel_Stare_Miasto-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html

Really lovely accommodation and very central. There are small kitchenettes in each room with fridge and hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

cheers leister 1980, will have a look at that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

I've been to Kraków four times now and can't wait to go again. Awesome city and very affordable even for Michelin star restaurants - and the beer is cheap too!! Went self catering once and stayed at the Orlowska Townhouse on Slawkowska. We stayed in the Early 30's apartment and it was big and beautifully furnished. It's very central (within the Planty) - only 3-4 minutes walk to the main square. The Michelin starred restaurant in the old cellar was great too (it's called Cyrano de Bergerac) - and you get 10% off if you're staying in the apartments (hope they still do that deal)!!! Only drawback is there's no lift. But it is a beautiful old tenement building that's over 500 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

anybody any recomendations on self catering appartments in Krakow for January

I can 100% recommend these guys http://sodispar.pl

I've been to Kraków a dozen times, girls weekends, three times with the OH and took the parents. There's a big range of apartments from the El cheap to the 'mum loved it', and they're always so damn helpful! I've not been since 2013, but am currently planning visits to Berlin and Prague, and keep wishing I knew the Sodispar local equivalent, they really are that good.

Visit the salt mines, auschwitz, schlinders factory, wawels castle, and there's a museum under the main square which is interesting. Shopping isn't wonderful, but there's a big mall called the Galleria ten minutes walk from the square and a large Carrefour supermarket. There's a dangerous ice sundae place in there ;)

Advertisement