Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harkila Armortex Kevlar boots

Options
  • 20-07-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Anyone own a pair of these,thinking about buying a pair before September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the scudd

a friend of mine is a harkila dealer, the last 2 pair of harkila boots he got for himself both leaked after 2 days. in his own words they are ok for walking in a grassy field but for serious work they are not up to the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I have a pro hunter jacket,very disappointed ,bad stitching and not in the least waterproof,not what you'd expect from a 500 quid jacket:mad:.
    Just wondered if the boots were any better,thanks for the reply.

i have some harkila trousers for nearly 10 years, bit tatty looking but still usable. i would send the jacket back

the scudd wrote: »
    i have some harkila trousers for nearly 10 years, bit tatty looking but still usable. i would send the jacket back

I'll agree,their trousers are second to none,thats why i'm so surprised at the quality of the pro hunter jacket I own,if it was 50 quids worth ,i'd say fair enough :rolleyes:,actually,it is about 50 quids worth :mad::mad::mad:.

get on to whoever you bought it from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brieny1000

i got pair of pro hunter gtx 12 boots two weeks ago and I'm more than happy with them.very comfortable and seem to be very well made .I have worn them most days since. The only test they have had is 5 or 6 outings In wet long grass/silage fields for 2 to 3 hours and were perfect. I'm planning to get the pro hunter trousers next year so ill be following this tread closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

Who is the dealer for harkila in ireland. Don't fancy buying in the UK with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment. Thinking about a pair of the pro hunter trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭snipe49

brieny1000 wrote: »
    i got pair of pro hunter gtx 12 boots two weeks ago and I'm more than happy with them.very comfortable and seem to be very well made .I have worn them most days since. The only test they have had is 5 or 6 outings In wet long grass/silage fields for 2 to 3 hours and were perfect. I'm planning to get the pro hunter trousers next year so ill be following this tread closely.
    where did u buy the boot and how much were they.

Patrick Carley in Ballymurn ,Wexford,is doing them ,really right :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

I had to gtx last season , let me down badly near the end and i wouldnt be hard wearing on them ,but they leaked ,fairly disappointed in them .
    Bought these to try this season ,still breaking them in but they are comfortable ,il hold my reviews on them till i see out the season but so far so good.

http://www.brixworkwear.com/haix-trekker-mountain.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

i bought a pair of danner pronghorn boots in cabelas 3 years ago ,they are comfortable waterproof and not sweaty i paid about 130 dollars at the time.if you know anybody goin to the states well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Bestard Explorer BG3 boots ....savage boots .Life time guarantee .
    244 euro .:cool:
    Best boot i ever owned and that includes compairing with Meindl i bought for 350 euro and leaked after two weeks .
    Regards,Tomcat.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

Their is a 5 year warranty with all pro hunter clothing so you should return your jacket for a new one.iv the pants and jacket in that range and no problems.it is heavy and should be used in cold conditions or if your laid up waiting.if your planing on treking some serious mileage you will sweat.As for your boots stay away from clothing brands that have tried their hands at boots and whellys. The quality just isnt their.Stick to makes that specializes in boots like lowa/meindl all the best Allan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

For boots you can't beat a good pair of army boots and a pair of gaiters. They are cheap simple and do exactly what they say on the tin.

I bought a pair of meindl Dovre extreme a few years ago and and the leather on the f'in things cracked - disgusted.

I now have a pair of British army cold weather boots and a pair of German army haix boots.

Not worried about how long they last or if they get scratched coz they are cheap and easy to clean. Give them a good dose of dubbin/wax/polish and they are waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Burning Bridges

I have a pro hunter jacket,very disappointed ,bad stitching and not in the least waterproof,not what you'd expect from a 500 quid jacket:mad:.
    Just wondered if the boots were any better,thanks for the reply.

I had no problems with the jacket. trousers did allow water in but had been damaged with thorns .

I bought the boots in March from sports den because they were cheaper than anywhere else online, no problems yet.

Jacket seems to be cheapest in Mcbrides(€400). UK prices are crazy even before you add shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brieny1000

snipe49 wrote: »
    where did u buy the boot and how much were they.

Bought them in sports den .ie for 249 euro. 1st time buying off them and they were great to deal with. Hope the boots match the service.

Advertisement